FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt fastest in first Bristol practice

<<

racer1

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Kurt fastest in first Bristol practice

Keep it going Kurt--go get the pole hopefully as SHR is all over the practice board from 1st to --just BAD. :roll:
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: Kurt fastest in first Bristol practice

i guess we'll just call this the bristol thread. Yeah, I'm about to watch quali............but im more hopeful for some good consistent finishes. A good starting spot isn't going to hurt tho, considering we're short track racing

edit: nvm, all of them out in round 1. at least kurt got 13th, not too horrible. danica and tony scrapping it out for the 36 transfer spot. yikes.
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:09 am

Bad For Tony and Danica,

They will start the race 3/4 a lap down at Bristol. By time the leaders take the green flag they will be lucky to just be getting into turn three.

Kind of wondering??? I do not think that Tony is well enough to be racing I expect Danica to start in the back but not Tony. Then again harvick is just a few places n front. Is it Tony or the Cars this week?

A.B.E.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:19 pm

I think every driver that has came back from a major injury has taken time to come back to where they were. Sometimes it takes over a year, even though they are fine. Some drivers has never came back to the preinjured self. Especially when they are older.
Denny took over a half a season, DW back in the day had a major leg injury in 91 or 92 & was finally starting to look like his old self in 95' when he got injured again with Dale Sr wreck in the all star race.
Many drivers never got back to their old selves at all.

Now I think he will get back to himself at some point, but never really expected at the start of this season. it may not even be this season. So even with his leg being uninjured so to speak now,it may not hurt him but still he has to be back in racing shape & then he has to get over whatever mental things he has to overcome to be his oldself. & I am not talking doubt or fear. Lots of things are in a drivers head when they are racing. Who knows what it is, but history has always pointed out a long time before returning to form. Not just recovering from the actual injury. Add age to this equation. He will improve, but he may never be the old tony again.
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:33 am

Kurts starting 13th is looking OK for Bristol, but Harvick and the rest have their work cut out for them as mentioned. If they dont get up to speed quick both the 10 & 14 could be lapped in 10 laps or so as starting that far back on this short track has no positives other then maybe avoiding an early up front crash. However, most crashes come from mid pack or farther back where they are so a nightmare for sure? :roll:

Oh well get ready for a late monday race the way the weather is looking. :roll:

Return to Kurt Busch