FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt doing the DOUBLE.........

<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:48 pm

Re: Kurt doing the DOUBLE.........

Anyone But Earnhardt wrote:Now there is actually a reason to watch the Indy 500. Good Luck Kurt, Make it count.

Racer1,

I know your opinion, respect it, but be a little bit encouraging will ya!!!!

A.B.E.

Kurt wins Indy and we are all happy, Junior wins Cup Race A.B.E. is not happy! :lol:
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

racer1

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:51 am

OK--bored so jumping in here to say this. First off this isn't just about Kurt but any driver from other series with little to NO experience thinking they can just go into the biggest race of another totally different series, and think they can win?

The managment at Indycar only care about the PR letting drivers from other series with little to no experience in their series, showing they are desperate for anything or anyone to draw some attention to their almost invisible series these days. However--think about this-- what IF Kurt somehow got lucky and won, exactly how would that help Indycar as it would ONLY show that the series is a joke if anyone can come in & win with little to no experience. Indycar would lose respect and validity as a major series & suffer greatly saying they have the best drivers in the world etc etc although--what if-- an outsider just came in & won their biggest race--think about that?

Kurt winning would probably give Nascar a boost but NOT Indycar, as the veteran drivers & teams in Indycar would be embarrassed if this happened as their core fanbase cheering for their favorite Indycar drivers to win just shake their heads in dismay over this, as more turn it off and run away for good.

Same thing if an Indycar driver entered the Daytona 500 and got lucky and won. What would that do for Nascar but show it as a joke series where anyone can just come in and win with little to no experience, course we do know Daytona is moreso about luck where anyone can win, much different then the Indy 500 which is much more difficult in comparison--think about that? :roll:

Either way ANY racing series letting inexperienced drivers from other series just enter in their biggest race is a joke as they clearly have'nt thought of the consequences? Also-what if these inexperienced drivers cause wrecks taking out the veterans in the series as well angering the core fanbases just as much as them possibly winning & making the veterans in the series look bad, doing more damage to their core fanbases as I've mentioned. Oh well-- Indycar is in so much distress maybe it just doesnt matter in this case--good luck Kurt? 8-)
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:08 pm

Wolfgang,

I didn't say Kurt would win the 500 that would be great though, just want him to do well as a fan. Also, I am not a Earnhardt fan obviously, but I did praise him for his 500 victory. Heck I even picked him to win the 500 in fantasy league. So, Pay attention! It's more the Earnhardt fans I have issues with more so then JR himself. They make him out to be God and for that I enjoy listening to his fans wine and cry. I'm not mad that Harvick won last week and Kurt Blew up. However, I hope that the Daniel Knost is talking to Harvicks crew chief about that setup. Really, all I said was it will be more interesting for ME to watch the 500. Also never said anything about Earnhardt. I may root for Kurt, but my prize never shows up in the mail. So what do I really get out of it. I am not receiving a check from Kurt of SHR. Just a smile for an evening. So calm down Turbo!

A.B.E.
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:29 pm

Anyone But Earnhardt wrote:Wolfgang,

I didn't say Kurt would win the 500 that would be great though, just want him to do well as a fan. Also, I am not a Earnhardt fan obviously, but I did praise him for his 500 victory. Heck I even picked him to win the 500 in fantasy league. So, Pay attention! It's more the Earnhardt fans I have issues with more so then JR himself. They make him out to be God and for that I enjoy listening to his fans wine and cry. I'm not mad that Harvick won last week and Kurt Blew up. However, I hope that the Daniel Knost is talking to Harvicks crew chief about that setup. Really, all I said was it will be more interesting for ME to watch the 500. Also never said anything about Earnhardt. I may root for Kurt, but my prize never shows up in the mail. So what do I really get out of it. I am not receiving a check from Kurt of SHR. Just a smile for an evening. So calm down Turbo!

A.B.E.

Know you didn't say Kurt would win, i'm just messin with yah about Jr. :lol:
Know what you mean about some Jr.fans, personally I think he's ok but haven't really put too much thought into him as a fan since he left DEI. The media is as bad with Jr. as they are Danica and I think a lot of people get tired of hearing about something over nothing majority of the time.
Sorry about the mix up, but I couldn't resist with anyone but Earnhardt-just messin with yah in fun, no insult intended. I'll never deny I always was and still am a Dale Snr. fan. ;)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:33 pm

after Sr's death Jr drove for TEI, she ruined the company.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:40 pm

Racer1, no one expects Kurt to win the Indy 500, but it would be awesome if he did. The chances of Kurt even getting in the top ten are slim first time out and even Kurt knows that. Kurt said,he would be happy with a top 20-i don't agree knowing Kurt :lol: but it is reality.
Nascar driver in IRL is news as IRL driver in Nascar, everyone is curious and it boosts the attendance and TV ratings as well from either side. ;)
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:44 pm

michaeljohn wrote:after Sr's death Jr drove for TEI, she ruined the company.

No doubt there bro. and look what it has become, a freakin' museum!
No shocker there, even Stewart and Harvick seen this coming once she wouldn't let Jr. have control of the company. :x Wonder where the #8 will be next? :shock:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:17 am

i cringed more when she joined up with ganassi, but obviously there was some family garbage and egos that got in the way.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:14 pm

Wolfgang,

No Problem, I do get on Earnhardt but not this time. Your right about the media as well. All is good my friend. We are on the same page. Go SHR 4,14,10,&41

A.B.E.
Previous

Return to Kurt Busch