FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

did anyone ever get a good look

<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:46 am

did anyone ever get a good look

at who kurt spun off of? they never showed the replay......really blew when his race was effectively over right then and there....

tough break for him, but I'm not convinced any of the SHR cars had the speed to challenge for the win.
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:55 am

Re: did anyone ever get a good look

I disagree, I think Kevin had a shot until the caution came out with 5 laps to go came out because he was in 5th place at that point and as soon as the flag came out he got dropped back to 10th. So to say that no car in the SHR team could have gotten to the front to challenge for the win is a little misguided. Then the wreck on the front stretch on the last lap took him out and he finished in 13th which is far better than any other driver in the SHR Garage. Kurt finished 21st, Tony finished 35th, and Danica finished 40th.
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:29 am

beaverpond wrote:I disagree, I think Kevin had a shot until the caution came out with 5 laps to go came out because he was in 5th place at that point and as soon as the flag came out he got dropped back to 10th. So to say that no car in the SHR team could have gotten to the front to challenge for the win is a little misguided. Then the wreck on the front stretch on the last lap took him out and he finished in 13th which is far better than any other driver in the SHR Garage. Kurt finished 21st, Tony finished 35th, and Danica finished 40th.

I watched the entire race and not once did I ever see an SHR car pull a line to front of the pack. Earlier in the race (after the 6 hour red flag), 4 car had the outside draft, line went backwards. Later in the race, 41 had the inside draft, line went backwards. They could draft the lines well but never had the muscle to go up to the lead and stay there and dominate like the roush cars could, or the hendrick cars at the end.

not convinced that kevin had either the help or the car to do it tonight. Top 5? maybe. but he wasn't winning that race. dale jr. had a 2 car length lead over any other driver those last couple laps.

btw, case in point....the only shr cars to lead the race was the 41 (15 laps) and the 10 (2 laps). kurt led before the rain delay and danica led during a cycle of pitstops. so not exactly racewinning stuff there.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Compared to what he had the last four years, Kurt considers himself #### lucky to have this ride! Next time watch Harvick he came from the very back in seven laps to the front....you need to re watch that race!! Maybe you were watching the re runs from last year....plus with the new spoiler and no tandem racing, those type of runs are no longer there...Now moving in the pack is side drafting and short pushes from the car behind. :roll: :roll:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:59 pm

I'm not trying to offend anybody here. i'm sure glad that kurt has the opportunity that kurt can drive for SHR. but does that make my statement any less true? simply put, there were stronger cars out there, and they ended up winning the race.
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:10 pm

Annalee wrote:Compared to what he had the last four years, Kurt considers himself #### lucky to have this ride! Next time watch Harvick he came from the very back in seven laps to the front....you need to re watch that race!! Maybe you were watching the re runs from last year....plus with the new spoiler and no tandem racing, those type of runs are no longer there...Now moving in the pack is side drafting and short pushes from the car behind. :roll: :roll:

yet never led a lap. i never said they couldn't get to the front. I said they couldn't get up there AND stay there long. I watched every minute of that race. No need to act so condescending
<<

Cinde4Kurt

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:01 pm

KMOAutobahn wrote:at who kurt spun off of? they never showed the replay......really blew when his race was effectively over right then and there....

tough break for him, but I'm not convinced any of the SHR cars had the speed to challenge for the win.

Bobby Labonte got into the back of him. Messed his car up enough... :cry:
Kurt's #1 Fan... ALWAYS >;<

#41in14
<<

KB41fan

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:40 am

Confirming Labonte that spun Kurt late in the race causing him to lose a lap, but no futher damage to his car! Nice save Kurt! Now I'm concerned that SHR are not working together as a team... I watch the race on RaceView & noted that the SHR drivers did not draft with one another? What gives? :twisted: :twisted:
<<

kbhaas41

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:17 am

I just thought that it was an incredible save...and being able to whip it around to avoid hitting the wall. You don't see that happen too often (not even JJ could do it in Sprint Unlimited). I was listening to Kurt's radio...he was pretty 'upset' because Nascar didn't throw the caution. That would have kept him from going a lap down.
<<

Cinde4Kurt

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:32 pm

Yeah, Kurt was pretty upset with NASCAR!! Too bad for the rain, he was doing pretty good until we had the 6hr delay. #outlaw #41in14

kbhaas41 wrote:I just thought that it was an incredible save...and being able to whip it around to avoid hitting the wall. You don't see that happen too often (not even JJ could do it in Sprint Unlimited). I was listening to Kurt's radio...he was pretty 'upset' because Nascar didn't throw the caution. That would have kept him from going a lap down.
Kurt's #1 Fan... ALWAYS >;<

#41in14
<<

kbhaas41

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Actually, I thought he was doing pretty good until the time that the 21 nailed him in the rear coming into the pits that one time.
I didn't realize that Kurt was supposed to be on Race Hub on FS1 on Monday until later that day at work...luckily I had set recorder before heading off to work. Kurt said at first he didn't think it was that hard of a hit and thought that each time he came into pits that crew was fixing it. What he didn't know was that they had trouble getting the wheel off because of it and it broke off more each time they changed tires (I thought it seemed like it was flapping more after pit stop when supposedly they were trying to fix it). So Kurt said here he was thinking they were making it better each time and had he known that it wasn't, he wouldn't have put himself in certain positions on the track that could put him in harms way. That's can be a problem with inexperienced crew chief....but I'll be willing to bet that Kurt let him know after the race that he needs to know these things!!! Lesson learned.
Also asked him about the spin and no caution. He said he thought it was a safety thing felt it should have been thrown. Was asked if he talked to Nascar about it....he laughed and said he did on the radio but didn't go to them after the race. Guess he figured since it was him that was sitting there on pit road that it wouldn't have done any good and is just moving on.
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:16 pm

kbhaas41 wrote: He said he thought it was a safety thing felt it should have been thrown. Was asked if he talked to Nascar about it....he laughed and said he did on the radio but didn't go to them after the race. Guess he figured since it was him that was sitting there on pit road that it wouldn't have done any good and is just moving on.

Kurt's rant on the radio can hardly be considered "talking" to NASCAR. He went off like he did because he didn't wan't the disadvantage he'd just been served. He wasn't thinking safety as he screamed and cussed...no way.
Not that other's wouldn't have reacted similar too, but I'm sorry, that was Kurt being Kurt.

While yes, he was on pit road, he was not a danger to traffic since no one else was pitting. NASCAR never throws a flag when the spinning car is under power, out of the way, and no potential danger to the other drivers or themselves.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:45 pm

The only thing I seen was the best driver at SHR finished ahead of the rest of them! :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:05 pm

wolfgang wrote:The only thing I seen was the best driver at SHR finished ahead of the rest of them! :lol:

you must be talking about Sir Wrecksalot! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
wolfgang wrote:The only thing I seen was the best driver at SHR finished ahead of the rest of them! :lol:

you must be talking about Sir Wrecksalot! :mrgreen:

Said,SHR not RCR #3 ! :mrgreen: Dillion is sure to get rookie of the year by taking out the rest of the rookies, let alone his own team mate! He no Dale for sure, last lap when you're second, not the whole dam race! :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !

Return to Kurt Busch