FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Indycar's Derrick Walker nice little at Busch/NASCAR

<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:06 pm

Indycar's Derrick Walker nice little at Busch/NASCAR

link

IndyCar's Derrick Walker jokes about Kurt Busch possibly running the Indianapolis 500
Walker said IndyCar would welcome Busch much like it did with Juan Pablo Montoya

IndyCar's Derrick Walker got the Twitter world stirred up Tuesday when talking about how the series would help get NASCAR driver Kurt Busch ready for the Indianapolis 500 if he chooses to participate.

“He'll get plenty [of help],” Walker said at IndyCar's preseason media day at the Amway Center. “We have to help those little taxicab boys come out and race real cars.”

Sounds like it was only made in jest, but I'd still want to see Kurt run well and shut them up about 'taxicab boys'.

Busch's response for those interested: link
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:11 am

Re: Indycar's Derrick Walker nice little at Busch/NASCAR

I am afraid to look at the link. Who is he Threatening this time. Please tell me it was at least some good comments.

A.B.E.
<<

racer1

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:00 pm

Re: Indycar's Derrick Walker nice little at Busch/NASCAR

For those here who haven't read the link, Kurt put down Indycar saying the only real cars are in Europe meaning F1--the end.

Excerp:

"Taxicab boys? Puppies? Real race cars? IndyCar president of competition Derrick Walker used all of those phrases Tuesday while talking about NASCAR regular Kurt Busch possibly driving in the Indianapolis 500 in May.
Busch got a chance to react Wednesday, saying "the real cars are over in Europe and they've got F1 tagged to them."

OUCH to Indycar, but is that a hint maybe he wants to to F1 with Haas? :roll:

Return to Kurt Busch