FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt's Attempt at the Double "Indy 500"

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: Kurt's Attempt at the Double "Indy 500"

racer1 wrote:For the record I like Kurt --in Nascar--- but this is about him thinking hes so good he can run the Indy500 and hes not-- due to lack of experience. The truth is unlike Nascar, Indycar quite simply depends on its own dowforce and lots of it, but at high speeds when other drivers pass inches apart or even in front or behind another driver, you lose that downforce as the other cars close to you take it away from you, to the point you could lose control of the car and thats what Kurt has no experience with at all. However he will learn it the hard way and hopfully show other Nascar drivers without open wheel experience, to quit taking Indycar for granted? :lol:

Also--hello--there is NO Ryan Hinchcliff, its James Hinchcliff. Ryan Hunter Ray is in fact Andretti's best driver who won the championship in 2012 for them with the new cars and chevy engines. Hinchcliff only won his 3 races when there was NO other Andretti driver or top Penske or Ganassi driver close enough to outrun him, due to wrecks, mech failure or penaltys. Some say it was rigged by Andretti to show Godaddy he was a winner so they would keep sponsoring him--but didn't work and was never going to-- as winning in Indycar means nothing compared to what Danica has done and can do for them and still is--end of story. 8-)

Hey anyone but earnhardt--talking out your #### I see with no facts just lame accusations with nothing to back it up but comparisons that aren't relevant. You & others have no clue what Haas might do if Danica loses Godaddy--big IF--but she is signed through 2015, so cut the crap thinking you know anything because you don't. However you do fit right in here with the little "Hate on Danica club" let them give you a cap or sticker and that will show everyone your one of them--how proud you all must be :lol: for all the good it does :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You just keep getting more amusing. Have you ever thought about doing a stand-up routine??
Some of your best stuff has been just recently, keep up the great work. ;) ;) :P
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:59 pm

racer1 wrote:For the record I like Kurt --in Nascar--- but this is about him thinking hes so good he can run the Indy500 and hes not-- due to lack of experience. The truth is unlike Nascar, Indycar quite simply depends on its own dowforce and lots of it, but at high speeds when other drivers pass inches apart or even in front or behind another driver, you lose that downforce as the other cars close to you take it away from you, to the point you could lose control of the car and thats what Kurt has no experience with at all. However he will learn it the hard way and hopfully show other Nascar drivers without open wheel experience, to quit taking Indycar for granted? :lol:

Also--hello--there is NO Ryan Hinchcliff, its James Hinchcliff. Ryan Hunter Ray is in fact Andretti's best driver who won the championship in 2012 for them with the new cars and chevy engines. Hinchcliff only won his 3 races when there was NO other Andretti driver or top Penske or Ganassi driver close enough to outrun him, due to wrecks, mech failure or penaltys. Some say it was rigged by Andretti to show Godaddy he was a winner so they would keep sponsoring him--but didn't work and was never going to-- as winning in Indycar means nothing compared to what Danica has done and can do for them and still is--end of story. 8-)

Hey anyone but earnhardt--talking out your #### I see with no facts just lame accusations with nothing to back it up but comparisons that aren't relevant. You & others have no clue what Haas might do if Danica loses Godaddy--big IF--but she is signed through 2015, so cut the crap thinking you know anything because you don't. However you do fit right in here with the little "Hate on Danica club" let them give you a cap or sticker and that will show everyone your one of them--how proud you all must be :lol: for all the good it does :roll:

Ok Racer 1 Here we Go. You truly have proven to all of us something, STUPIDITY, validated in your first few sentences. Please all read again racer1 quotes above. Listen E-RACER1, I did that on purpose, NASCAR uses down force also jackA$$. Why do you think they draft, side draft, raise and lower track bars, etc. I'll tell you, Down Force. That is also why they worry about Body damage. Especially in the front. That is also why Nascar is giving the gen6 car a 1/2" raise in the rear spoiler, guess why Einstein, Down Force. That is also why Gene Haas own the world's best wind tunnel in Charlotte, NC. Really convenient for nascar teams to test are flow all around the car. I feel confident that Kurt and all drivers know what Down force is even if you don't. Yes Indy car can change wing settings, to influence down force, That is what the track bar adjustments are for, or did you think that the announcers call the "wrench" for the track bar just for the fun of it. You probably thought that was a dip stick or something. Once again you have been proven wrong and I as well as others shouldn't have to keep telling you. Also passing cars close is what car racing is and the last time I checked, nascar drivers do that in more difficult cars to handle. Please don't bring up anything else like Brake Bias of the Indy car because I'll have to tell you how Nascar drivers deal with the same thing. Only differences I can see that Kurt may or any cup driver do in an indy car is maybe swallow a bug when they lift there visor or something. I don't know, but I'm sure your think of something else to say so others can make fun of you. Anyway, I do not think Kurt would win the Indy 500, but it would be cool if he did well and would also give Nascar fans maybe something to watch before Coke 600 in Prime Time not at noon when people only tune in to watch the last 2 laps.

-Anyone But Earnhardt-
<<

racer1

Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:09 pm

Ok--anyone but earnhardt--laughing as you apparentky know little about Indycar and its relying on that 8000 lbs or so of downforce, whereby Nascar doesn't have close to that downforce-- not even at Daytona. I grew up on Indycar, knew some crew members, drivers as well etc and the facts are as Ive stated. The wings are the only main adjustment on an Indycar during the race, while Nascar has many adjustments to help an ill handling car that doesn't rely soly on the downforce of a much lighter Indycar. Kurt will find out the hard way how different the cars are with NO actual Indycar racing experience as i stated earlier, and also he cant touch, bang, bump or do anything to another driver like he does in Nascar or he will be penalized as indycars are that different & fragile and have even strickter rules nowdays. The fact you are suggesting Nascar experience will transfer to winning in an Indycar for someone who hasn't raced one before, is funny if not ridiculous? I guess you haven't noticed Indycar drivers coming into Nascar have struggled because the Nascars don't have close to the downforce they are used to having in Indycar-- so it works both ways--Kurt in Indycar if he does it--will struggle--period. AJ did well for Penske because he has had experience in open wheel, Kurt hasn't--period :lol:

Like I said let Kurt try--what the heck--it should be good for a laugh or very embarrasing for him? I would think Haas would want him concentrating on Nascar and winning with his new team, making the chase or even winning it all as a priority, before a Indy500 that's nothing more then a PR stunt for all the good that will do? ? :roll:

Apparently by your name here you're an Earnhardt disliker, but also very apparent now, a Kurt fanatic thinking he can "walk on water" also--good luck with that? :lol:
Last edited by racer1 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:04 pm

"walk on water" also--good luck with that? :lol:

Wow! Racer, pot calling kettle black much?
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:17 pm

Schoompy1000--Iam not the pot calling the kettle black as I know Danicas limitations--believe me--but I also know her strengths. 8-)

Most the time with my comments I post facts and links to articles to prove my point while others here post their opinions, based on nothing but their opinions without the facts to back them up. The link to the article below regarding AJ's run at the 500 last yr talks about how tough it is for other drivers to jump to other series and do well as they expect until they gain the experience that AJ had before running this 500 last yr. This older article about Nascar and Indycar & whos the best drivers etc & most importantly backs up my comments about Kurt who was thinking about this 500 run although with NO previous open wheel/indycar racing experience which AJ had & Danica has if she was to run it at some point--big difference. Read the article as its informative & you guys might learn something unless you want to comment the writers here are wrong, but they ARE in the racing business after all. 8-)

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/st ... apolis-500

Some excerps:

"-------------As much as NASCAR likes promoting itself as having the best drivers in the world, that doesn't automatically mean they would be the best drivers in IndyCar or any other series.----------"

"-------------But even Busch, a top-five driver in talent in NASCAR, is realistic enough to understand the transition between the two series would be difficult.--------------------------"There are 33 drivers who make the race at the Indy 500, and a top-tier NASCAR guy can make the show," -------- "Will a top-tier driver know how to adjust to the draft and do it successfully first time out? Probably not.---"

"There are a lot of things you have to study, forecast and to predict, so it's difficult to crack into anything and find success the first time out. Everyone is so specialized in every bit of their form of motorsport it makes it tough to swap over and find success right away.--------------------------"

Have a good time till Daytona as iam out of here till then as I actually have a life & better things to do. :lol:
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:42 am

racer1 wrote:Schoompy1000--Iam not the pot calling the kettle black as I know Danicas limitations--believe me--but I also know her strengths. 8-)

Most the time with my comments I post facts and links to articles to prove my point while others here post their opinions, based on nothing but their opinions without the facts to back them up. The link to the article below regarding AJ's run at the 500 last yr talks about how tough it is for other drivers to jump to other series and do well as they expect until they gain the experience that AJ had before running this 500 last yr. This older article about Nascar and Indycar & whos the best drivers etc & most importantly backs up my comments about Kurt who was thinking about this 500 run although with NO previous open wheel/indycar racing experience which AJ had & Danica has if she was to run it at some point--big difference. Read the article as its informative & you guys might learn something unless you want to comment the writers here are wrong, but they ARE in the racing business after all. 8-)

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/st ... apolis-500

Some excerps:

"-------------As much as NASCAR likes promoting itself as having the best drivers in the world, that doesn't automatically mean they would be the best drivers in IndyCar or any other series.----------"

"-------------But even Busch, a top-five driver in talent in NASCAR, is realistic enough to understand the transition between the two series would be difficult.--------------------------"There are 33 drivers who make the race at the Indy 500, and a top-tier NASCAR guy can make the show," -------- "Will a top-tier driver know how to adjust to the draft and do it successfully first time out? Probably not.---"

"There are a lot of things you have to study, forecast and to predict, so it's difficult to crack into anything and find success the first time out. Everyone is so specialized in every bit of their form of motorsport it makes it tough to swap over and find success right away.--------------------------"

Have a good time till Daytona as iam out of here till then as I actually have a life & better things to do. :lol:

Yep, you gotta go man/woman your sentry post at Danica's front gate right?? Eventually even SHE will get tired of you hanging around her estate even if you are a pretty decent gardener. I SINCERELY hope you enjoy your time "away" from here as much as EVERYONE else is going to.
Hate to say it but, for now I won't be able to make it to Phoenix in March as that is one of my busiest months. If you'd like to introdouche' me to Danica, maybe we can hook it up in November when my business starts to lighten up a bit.....PLEASE don't hesitate to let me know as I have friends and family in the Phoenix area and I haven't seen some of them in quite a long time. :D
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:29 am

for someone who claims they have a life, racer sure as heck spends enough time on here fighting and throwing negative marks around, me i have no life, its winter, i just watch hockey and create art.....
unlike danica, my driver got the skills and the fans to accomplish something with his career and impact children with a positive message.
<<

jdpirate

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:41 am

If Kurt wants to attempt it fine...let him.
No need to bash others over it.
Tony did a great job in both races in 2001!
Enough said ;)
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:50 pm

Kurt has practiced in an indy car. If he wasn't capable of driving one, don't think they would allow him to try to make the 500.
Do I think he can win the 500? No.
Do I think he will have a respectable finish? Yes.
Racer simply gets so defensive about Danica, makes Danica fans look bad.

Kurt might do the double, so he jumps on how bad he will be at it.
AJ who did well in the 500 until his belts came loose. Racer had a ton of excuses about that.
Racer just needs to realize, there are tons of drivers better than dancia & just take it for what it is. Hope for her improving & such, but quit acting like she is something she isn't.

I personally don't like Kurt at all! But I can see his talent in a race car.

I don't mind Danica & infact as far as a liking meter. I like her more than any current SHR driver, but she will be an average driver at the very best. (once she improves)

When it comes to drivers abilities, I don't let how I like or dislike them sway the facts.
ImageImageImage
<<

funblvble

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:25 pm

If Kurt wants to do the Double and all at SHR are ok with it then I say go for it...

I've watched lots of Indy 500's and last year's 500 showed with the DW12 you don't need a lot of experience in the car to win. Last year's 500 looked nothing like previous 500's. It was a lot more like Daytona/Talladega with cars drafting off of each other and nobody wanting to be in the lead (because they were using more fuel). A rookie in his first IndyCar start finished 2nd and may have been in line to win it without the race ending under caution.

I don't see any reason Kurt can't win...
Previous

Return to Kurt Busch