FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

great news

<<

racingislife20

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:38 am

great news

Best thing stewart haas could have done welcome kurt always been a big fan of yours
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Re: great news

These 3 guys' ego's will clash pretty quickly next year. Bank on it. :roll:
<<

kim92164

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:34 pm

Tony and Kevin will get along. What I'm wondering is how Kevin and Kurt will get along.
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:22 pm

kim92164 wrote:Tony and Kevin will get along. What I'm wondering is how Kevin and Kurt will get along.

kurt and kevin have gotten along great this year through the fact that kurt's addition to the rcr stable has helped the 29 team and rcr in general. Clint Bowyer even called out kevin harvick on twitter because kevin and kurt were getting so chummy.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:09 pm

KMOAutobahn wrote:
kim92164 wrote:Tony and Kevin will get along. What I'm wondering is how Kevin and Kurt will get along.

kurt and kevin have gotten along great this year through the fact that kurt's addition to the rcr stable has helped the 29 team and rcr in general. Clint Bowyer even called out kevin harvick on twitter because kevin and kurt were getting so chummy.

only because they don't have the same team owner. Wait til Harvick is getting better results. I remember Kurt going ape$h!t over his radio when Brad was out running him in the same Penske equipment. Could only imagine what an A-Hole he was being when radios weren't on. if/when he falls behind Happy or Smoke you will see the real Kurt come out. Well maybe we wont see it, but SHR will. he simply doesn't play well with others, unless he is getting it his way. (in short a spoiled brat scenario)
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:07 pm

it will be interesting......
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:29 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
KMOAutobahn wrote:

only because they don't have the same team owner. Wait til Harvick is getting better results. I remember Kurt going ape$h!t over his radio when Brad was out running him in the same Penske equipment. Could only imagine what an A-Hole he was being when radios weren't on. if/when he falls behind Happy or Smoke you will see the real Kurt come out. Well maybe we wont see it, but SHR will. he simply doesn't play well with others, unless he is getting it his way. (in short a spoiled brat scenario)

the radios are always on with kurt busch. ;)

I highly doubt he would be that way after spending the last two years at the underfunded phoenix and single car FRR teams. Like I've said before, kurt's never had any internal issues with teammates before and brad still holds kurt in very high regard. (you'd have to dig out that piece of radio because that's the first ive heard of it)

Truly, the only strife I would have worries over is (if) kurt had an on-track run-in with one of his new teammates (either stewart or harvick) and based on how carefully kurt was racing with harvick in the closing laps of chicagoland's race, I dont see this issue moving forward.

The greater issue here for kurt is the fact that SHR has nobody in place yet for the new crew (no pitcrew, no crew chief etc)
<<

azk8ster

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:04 am

Xanax for everyone! In NASCAR-approved doses, naturally ;)
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:12 am

well when I say not on the radio I mean behind the scenes. meetings team stuff that the public isn't privy too.
I am not gonna go hunt it down for you, you will just have to assume I am lying. It was brought up on national TV during the race. Complaining about how well the 2 car was running & he was struggling. (actually more than one race too) You might be able to find it on one of the Radio Sweethearts or on the Inside Nascar shows (when Showtime had that show)

BTW what would you expect Brad to say. I don't like the guy? As far as the crew & such. If you are a Kurt fan you should look at that as a plus. You don't want any of the crews SHR has right now. other thing that will be interesting. Kurt doesn't take it well when people talk about him. Harvick isn't the nicest guy to teammates either. Remember when Harvick was hassling Burton because they kept restarting on the front row & Burton was trying to win instead of letting Harvick have it easily. If Harvick does that to Kurt, Kurt will come unglued LOL. Harvick was warning Burton through the spotters & even mellow Burton got pi$$ed off LOL (who wasn't doing anything wrong BTW)
SHR will be a fun soap opera next year.
ImageImageImage
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:25 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:well when I say not on the radio I mean behind the scenes. meetings team stuff that the public isn't privy too.
I am not gonna go hunt it down for you, you will just have to assume I am lying. It was brought up on national TV during the race. Complaining about how well the 2 car was running & he was struggling. (actually more than one race too) You might be able to find it on one of the Radio Sweethearts or on the Inside Nascar shows (when Showtime had that show)

BTW what would you expect Brad to say. I don't like the guy? As far as the crew & such. If you are a Kurt fan you should look at that as a plus. You don't want any of the crews SHR has right now. other thing that will be interesting. Kurt doesn't take it well when people talk about him. Harvick isn't the nicest guy to teammates either. Remember when Harvick was hassling Burton because they kept restarting on the front row & Burton was trying to win instead of letting Harvick have it easily. If Harvick does that to Kurt, Kurt will come unglued LOL. Harvick was warning Burton through the spotters & even mellow Burton got pi$$ed off LOL (who wasn't doing anything wrong BTW)

I don't expect anybody to pull over and play nice for a race win, i love the hard charging styles of all the SHR boys tony, kevin and kurt (even ryan) and coming from 3 championship caliber drivers, i'm sure they know what to expect from one another. If restarting on the front row is the worst problem to have, i'll take it.

Generally speaking, teammates have very little to do with one another on race day (unless they wreck each other), so it's something im not thoroughly worried about.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:20 am

KMOAutobahn wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:well when I say not on the radio I mean behind the scenes. meetings team stuff that the public isn't privy too.

I don't expect anybody to pull over and play nice for a race win, i love the hard charging styles of all the SHR boys tony, kevin and kurt (even ryan) and coming from 3 championship caliber drivers, i'm sure they know what to expect from one another. If restarting on the front row is the worst problem to have, i'll take it.

Generally speaking, teammates have very little to do with one another on race day (unless they wreck each other), so it's something im not thoroughly worried about.

well it took RC getting on the radio & telling Harvick to knock it off, with Burton B!tching that he is a good teammate & he isn't gonna put up with that. That coming from a normally calm person. Now just plug in Kurt into the Burton role, & then tell me how teammates don't deal with each other :mrgreen:
Like I said. Gonna be a fun season next year waiting for the fireworks to start ;)
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:46 pm

BURTON!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:29 am

Anybody remember how two or three years back that different teammates were wrecking each other, biggest one to come to mind is Jimmie and Jeff. I picture that again at SHR next year between Tony and Kurt or Kevin and Kurt...either way Kurt.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:02 pm

I remember a race when Jeff Burton ran into Jeff Gordon during a caution lap and they came to blows on the track.....remember Jeff Burton hasn't won a race since 2008!! talent, maybe :roll: frustration....a lot

I could be wrong...but I don't see it happening.....two years ago, it would have been nuclear!!! But these two guys have changed. Two little boys have come into their lives and have changed them. They are Dads now... Are they still competitive????? ....you better believe it!!!!!! That's what makes them so good. Nuclear, no! Since Tony isn't on the track, I have been listening to Kevin's and Kurt's scanner.... do they get mad...oh yeah! But it is a more analytical problem solving coming from their scanners....and even some pretty good humor! :lol: I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt..... ;) Besides they have Zippy and the rubber room! :lol: :lol:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

mazza

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Come on children!! Get your team hats on! You must admit that Kevin is no work of art either, but he will add something to the team!! It is time to act like fans of the soon to be GREATEST NASCAR TEAM!! Also, I have been a fan of Kurt Busch since 1997 and, believe me, he has matured and does not have a mean bone in his body!!! Just for once , everybody, admire his great driving talent!!! and SHUT-UP!!!
Next

Return to Kurt Busch