Update on the Harvick's house fire and cause of it.
#Kevin Harvick said that the smoke damage from the fire in his home before Thanksgiving was greater than first thought. Harvick said he and his family likely won’t be able to return to their home for four to six months because of the damage.
As for the fire, Harvick said: “The floor joists underneath the fireplace caught on fire, in between the downstairs ceiling and the upstairs floor. We couldn't really find the fire. It was basically just sitting between the two floors getting bigger and bigger. When we walked downstairs there was probably 3 feet of smoke from top to bottom from one end of the house to another. If you haven’t checked you’re fire alarm lately, go check because it saved our house and all our stuff.’’