FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sponsors

<<

Annalee

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Re: Sponsors

If you ever get a chance to have one, everything is fresh and made in house..... they are great....so good and fast, just really nice people and they deliver ........the story behind Jimmy Johns is great.....started with nothing and worked very,very hard, never gave up...they started in Champaign, Ill. And we lived at Chanute AFB 7miles away from where they first started. We now have three in Winston Salem......

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

newmanfan3914

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:57 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Honestly,i like the private owned sub shops in Massachussetts for not only their subs but grinders as well.Newyork alot of them call them hoagies,i call em a sandwich on a long roll! :x

"Grinder" :lol: :lol: Only because I'm from New England do I recognize that name. Say that in any other part of the country and they look at you funny, like - whaaat???

I grew up in Philadelphia and the beloved Hoagie. The grinder here is any sandwich put in the oven to melt the cheese and crisp up the roll. Here's one of my favorite sandwich shop's

http://www.paesanosphillystyle.com/
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:10 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^ how about those nites ya got to the concert or see the philly sports teams and ya get a dried up pretzel for the ride home, haha
I miss you Frehley........
<<

newmanfan3914

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:25 pm

michaeljohn wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^ how about those nites ya got to the concert or see the philly sports teams and ya get a dried up pretzel for the ride home, haha

Beer helps with that. :lol:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:31 pm

ya might laugh at this one, but one of my favorite places to eat was at the food truck at HUP, they had some awesome burgers!

and ya the beer did help with those pretzels.
<<

newmanfan3914

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:09 pm

michaeljohn wrote:ya might laugh at this one, but one of my favorite places to eat was at the food truck at HUP, they had some awesome burgers!

That's funny we did a wiring(network) job there and used to frequent the lunch trucks(roach coach's) all the time. Lunch trucks have come along way in quality foods.
<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:37 am

Annalee wrote:If you ever get a chance to have one, everything is fresh and made in house..... they are great....so good and fast, just really nice people and they deliver ........the story behind Jimmy Johns is great.....started with nothing and worked very,very hard, never gave up...they started in Champaign, Ill. And we lived at Chanute AFB 7miles away from where they first started. We now have three in Winston Salem......

My snowbird neighbors come in from Illinois for the winter. He is?was? an archivist at the Chanute AF Museum. Small world!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:09 pm

newmanfan3914 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:ya might laugh at this one, but one of my favorite places to eat was at the food truck at HUP, they had some awesome burgers!

That's funny we did a wiring(network) job there and used to frequent the lunch trucks(roach coach's) all the time. Lunch trucks have come along way in quality foods.

indeed they have...... up here in Rdg we call them gut trucks, back in te 80's tat is exactly what they were....
Previous

Return to Kevin Harvick