FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Duno vs. Patrick

<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:51 am

Duno vs. Patrick

A new lady will get some starts in Nation Wide. Milka Duno. I did a little reading on her and it kind of looks like she could be a bit better then our Gal @ SHR.

Anyone know any information on her?

Any opinions?
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:06 pm

Re: Duno vs. Patrick

Only know the same stats you do....read about her last night.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:37 pm

they are the best of friends.........

I miss you Frehley........
<<

Midniteflyer

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:14 pm

I was reading somewhere today that Milka lost her ride this year in Indy cause she could not keep the pace. Here rep is she has a love affair with the wall too. I will wait to judge after I see her race.
Not how fast you get from Point "A" to Point "B" it is how much fun you have getting there
<<

awsum14

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:44 pm

Found this on MSN.com
The new Danica? Ex-IndyCar driver joining Nationwide Series
37 min ago | By FOX Sports

RAB Racing has signed driver Milka Duno to compete in select races over the remainder of the 2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series season. Duno becomes the first Hispanic female driver in history to compete in a NASCAR national series in the United States.

A successful driver who has competed in multiple racing series, Duno has eight major race wins among prototype classes, the American Le Mans Series and Grand American Rolex Series, along with recording the highest-ever finish by a female -- second place -- in the Rolex 24 Hours At Daytona.

When she won the Rolex Series Grand Prix of Miami, she became the first woman in history to win a major international race in the United States.

In 2007, Duno became the first Hispanic female driver in the now 103-year history of the Indianapolis 500 to qualify for and compete in the world-famous race. Duno competed in the Indianapolis 500 three consecutive seasons and in the IndyCar Series for four consecutive seasons, running partial schedules in 2007, 2008, and 2009, and a full schedule in 2010.

In making her transition to stock-car racing and her ultimate entry into NASCAR, Duno has been competing in the ARCA Racing Series for the past three seasons. In 2011 and 2012, she drove partial schedules, and in 2013 drove her first full ARCA season. She finished the season seventh in the driver standings and became the second highest finishing female driver in ARCA's 62-year history. Duno is also the first Hispanic female driver to compete in ARCA.

At Talladega Superspeedway, she earned the pole and led the race, becoming the first Hispanic female driver to earn an ARCA pole. She also became only the fourth female driver in ARCA history, and the second female driver in 25 years, to earn an ARCA pole at Talladega. Duno finished her 2013 ARCA season third in most laps completed and hard-charger points.

"I'm really very excited and honored to enter into NASCAR and the Nationwide Series," said Duno. "It has always been a goal and dream of mine to compete in NASCAR, and I worked very hard in ARCA to turn this goal into a reality. I always strive to challenge myself as a driver and I've been fortunate to compete in many types of racing. And while the competition is always my No. 1 focus, I am very proud of the history that I have made as a female driver, and the Hispanic sports history, as well, that has been made along the way."

She added, "NASCAR is the most competitive and popular racing series in the USA, and I'm very proud to enter the series with RAB Racing, and I look forward to competing with them in their No. 29 Toyota Camry."

Veteran Chris Rice will work as Duno's crew chief. In 2013, Rice led RAB Racing's No. 99 Toyota Camry to two poles, two top-five finishes and six top-10 finishes.

"We've watched Milka develop in the ARCA Racing Series, and feel she is prepared for the next step in her stock car racing career," said RAB Racing owner Robby Benton. "I think that working together with Chris Rice, Milka can find a home in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. She has a very strong fan base and we hope we can attract them to follow her in her NASCAR endeavors. Milka is very intelligent and educated, and we look forward to working with her."
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:59 pm

I may not give Danica a lot of credit, but Duno couldn't shake a stick at Danica. She flat out sucks. Danica is night & day better than Duno.

Just goes to show you though how someone will back a pretty face (or body). I never seen any of this kind of support (from the media, sponsor & such) for Joanna Long. She has more skill in a stock car than either of them.

My opinion Duno doesn't deserve a sponsored ride in Nationwide.

In racing I would rather see a quality woman driver in a sponsored car, vs. just some woman driver that looks good in a bikini.
The more I think about it. Duno having a ride & Long not having one kinda pisses me off.

Duno cant hold her lines & cant keep her car up to speed. Even when Danica didn't know much about stock cars she new to hold her line & could drive the cars fast (even if it was on her own)

Like I said earlier. Duno has no business being compared to Danica ....... well on the track anyways.

Defending Danica is kinda making me feel ill. I'll be back. I have to go take a knee. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:57 am

Good Opinions all. Thanks
<<

ship90

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:59 am

Go Danica! Some of the best drivers in the world have come to NASCAR and have gone away. Some of the best drivers currently in NASCAR are having a hard time keeping the pace. Bottom line it isn't easy even in the best equipment. The finishes may not show it (how many times have we heard that about male drivers) but she has gotten a lot better. I think she has earned the respect of most drivers. Pretty much all the drivers bash each other at some point in time. I think most of them have learned that she may not be the best driver on the track but she is far better than many of them. Personally I think next year is the year to really judge where she stands as a NASCAR driver. I say that because of where she started, karts/open wheel and the transition she had make to stockcars. It takes time to acclimate.

I don't know much about Duno but talk about promotional gimmicks!? NASCAR is starving for fans................

JMO and thank you for your support!
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:35 pm

I don't like her ... at all. Don't care for her snotty "I'm-better-than-you" attitude that she flings around like a towel in people's faces.

Don't care for her communication skills either. What a child! In the video - - that "He Who's Name Can Not Be Mentioned By Me" - - all of Milka's "glorious attributes" come out to be seen. Yeah... for someone who is supposed to be so intelligent, she really drops the ball there.

As for her alleged intelligence .... and "acting career" ....

When does a voice over for a cartoon make one an actress? Does one even need a SAG card for that? On a TV daytime soap for 10 minutes? Yeah... all that qualifies .... NOT.

Try researching her references. Not saying they are not true ... but are definitely hard to verify, by this intrepid poster. Seems most of her "references" come from her page. Huh? You have Master Degrees? Why are they hidden? Bring those bad boys out in the light for us, will ya? "Has exp in Naval Engineering." Really? Where? What? When? Cuz if that's all that's needed ... then I'm Beyonce. Just about the only thing I can find from the references that she gives is her modeling pics. And as all of us women know, we're gonna put our bodies out before our brains ...yeah right. ;-) At least when Danica does "sexy pics" they are from someone who is wanting or asking her to do it - Danica doesn't try to be a driver/model - Milka is just another "Look-at-ME!" must-not-be-as-secure-as-my-phoney-personality-says-I-am.

Did I mention I didn't like her? LOL

I hope Danica washes the track with Milka's hair, for a mop - - if / when they meet again. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:40 am

michaeljohn wrote:they are the best of friends.........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought that was her! She's a #itch, I love her! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:57 pm

I'm guessing all of the guys in the body shop (pun intended) are licking their chops in anticipation of $ome $eriou$ overtime!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:48 pm

azk8ster wrote:I'm guessing all of the guys in the body shop (pun intended) are licking their chops in anticipation of $ome $eriou$ overtime!

What do you mean by that? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:59 pm

it be nice if they rip off each others driver suits, some how get their hair wet and wrestle, thats what nascar fans need and demand!
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:31 am

michaeljohn wrote:it be nice if they rip off each others driver suits, some how get their hair wet and wrestle, thats what nascar fans need and demand!

Jello or mud?? :lol: :lol: ;)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:43 am

jello of course, now im hungry for jello, ha
Next

Return to Danica