FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica and Tony GoDaddy Commercial

<<

hboyle

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:24 pm

Danica and Tony GoDaddy Commercial

Just saw this article:

GoDaddy may be revamping its image, but it apparently still has miles to clock with Danica Patrick.

It's about to pair Patrick in a new commercial, scheduled to debut this week, with Tony Stewart — the NASCAR star and co-owner of her racing team. In the ad, the two keep trying to out-prank each other. It's the first time the racing stars have appeared together in a GoDaddy spot.

For Patrick, the journey just keeps rolling. The race driver has appeared in some 25 GoDaddy commercials since 2007 — and also has starred in a record 13 total Super Bowl commercials, more than any other celebrity.

While GoDaddy has not committed to returning to the Super Bowl in 2015, Patrick says, if it does, she wants to be right there with them. "It's the high point of the year for me, every year," says Patrick, in a phone interview.

For the moment, GoDaddy remains slightly cagey about its Super Bowl ad plans. "We have to go through analysis," says Barb Rechterman, chief marketing officer. "You don't do 10 Super Bowls in a row just because they're fun."

For GoDaddy, it's a new marketing ballgame that may or may not mesh with the Super Bowl. Its new image and campaign theme is all about appealing to owners of small businesses — who might want GoDaddy's domain name and Web-hosting services. That means out with the sexy, racy stuff and in with the funny, how-we-can-help-you messaging.

Last year, GoDaddy began the ad shift to focus on how the company helps small-business owners with online tools to create websites and to help make sure consumers find the businesses online.

After all, nearly 6 in 10 small businesses are run by women, notes Rechterman. They don't just want racy images and punchlines, she says. They want answers. "Now, we provoke — without being provocative."

The new spot, rewritten but not produced by GoDaddy's new agency, BFG9000, offers answers — with a smile.

Patrick is seen in Stewart's race car garage, trying to explain to viewers that they can get a free domain name when they purchase the Website Builder from GoDaddy. But each time she tries to talk, Stewart purposely starts using his noisy air wrench, and cuts her off. This happens several times, before a clearly annoyed Patrick finally manages to explain the deal.

But Patrick gets the last laugh. The ad ends with Stewart's car up on blocks — with all four tires missing. A guilty-looking Patrick smirks, while holding the air wrench in her hands.

Keeping Patrick — who is kind of like a small-business owner herself — under contract could be key for GoDaddy, says Denise Lee Yohn, a marketing consultant and author of the book What Great Brands Do. "Guys want to date her, and gals want to be her."

Patrick says she prefers GoDaddy's new brand direction. But would she go back to ol' sexy stuff if GoDaddy asked? "I'd be surprised if they did," says Patrick, who is under contract through 2015. "But I'm on board for anything they do."

Also, Patrick says, she even took on Stewart on the set in a car shop version of arm wrestling. Patrick and Stewart each held a heavy air wrench up in the air — with the loser dropping an arm first.

Sound a bit macho? Well, she may just be blowing hot air, but, Patrick says, she won.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bus ... /12671687/

If anyone finds the commercial, I would love to see this. Sounds funny!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Re: Danica and Tony GoDaddy Commercial

well she has been doing crosssfit fitness & Tony has been doing Whopper curls so I wouldn't be surprised if she held hers up longer than Tony.
ImageImageImage
<<

hboyle

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Just saw this on the GoDaddy page: [youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=3JQTsc5DS9I[/youtube]

"Danica Patrick's sharing her secrets! I wonder if Tony Stewart got even? What do you all think?"

I'm guessing this was shot when they were prepping for the new GoDaddy commercial.
<<

hboyle

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:04 pm

I'm not sure what happened when I tried to post the video just then... I'm guess it's just me trying to post it from my iPad. Can someone post the video for me? Here's the link I'm getting on my iPad anyway: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... JQTsc5DS9I
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:42 pm

I miss you Frehley........
<<

hboyle

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:46 pm

Thanks mj! :)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:22 pm

anytime..........
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Midniteflyer

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Not how fast you get from Point "A" to Point "B" it is how much fun you have getting there
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:21 pm

At first lilbeaver thought Tony was being a jerk until she saw the end, then she could not stop laughing and she said serves him right.
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:54 pm

Definitely had me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

kim92164

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:33 am

You go girl!!!