FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Patrick says Haas has not talked to her about F1 ride

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Patrick says Haas has not talked to her about F1 ride

#10-Danica Patrick said she is flattered that her name keeps coming up to go racing in Formula 1, but for now, at least, it's a non-starter. In a wide ranging interview with The Toronto Sun outside her motorhome at Michigan International Speedway on Friday, Patrick said her plate is full right now just trying to master the #10 Stewart Haas Racing Chevy in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series, where she is halfway through her second season in the big stock cars. The offer to go F-1 racing came from her NASCAR team co-owner Gene Haas, who plans on entering the open-wheel fray in the 2016 season with an all-American team. At the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal last weekend, Haas said Patrick would be considered as a driver for the team. Patrick, however, admitted she might have jumped at the opportunity 10 years ago, but her life has changed a lot since then and that she hasn't been asked by Haas or anybody else what her thoughts were on the subject. "I agree that anything is possible, but nobody has said anything to me," she said. "I am happy where I am at right now as far as racing goes. I am just starting to get the hang of Sprint Cup racing." Patrick didn't, though, absolutely rule out going back to open-wheel racing if the right offer came along. "Out of respect for Gene, if he came to me I would certainly listen, but I am almost getting too old (32) to start a third career," she said.(see full story at the Toronto Sun)(6-14-2014)
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:42 pm

Re: Patrick says Haas has not talked to her about F1 ride

Me thinks she is on "Tony's side" ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

salldredge1v41

Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:24 am

Re: Patrick says Haas has not talked to her about F1 ride

Danica, I agree with you, this is your second season in nascar. You have come along way in this series. Continue Learning, learning is something that never stops. Don't hold back and play it safe, get up in there and show them no matter gender, time to make them respect you as a fellow nascar competitor. Know you are a MAJOR role model for young girls/women. Stop being so hard on yourself.
Finish Strong. Stick with Nascar!!!
Steph A.

Return to Danica