FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NASCAR America

<<

hboyle

Post Thu May 29, 2014 9:09 pm

NASCAR America

Just a video I ran across... http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... a-patrick/

It's not the most spectacular video, but I figured I'd share anyways. I thought the end of the video was kind of cute, as they asked her what it's like to race against her boyfriend every week on the track.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri May 30, 2014 5:22 am

Re: NASCAR America

good video, love that her and her sponsor gave time and money to the boys club, that is a great organization, the only thing i would be critical on was the improvement part, she she said "as long as the people she drivers for are happy." i would have liked her to express it was important for HER, not anyone else to improve... this doesnt mean im picking on her, maybe that is her way of saying things....
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri May 30, 2014 10:18 pm

OK... I am a fan of hers.... I like her .... I am proud of her ... I am proud to be known as a Danica fan ... I LOVE how she handles herself in the public eye, from what, to how she expresses herself....

So please anyone ( or Racer ) don't take this as a neg comment. I'm just questioning why the blog has up in big letters about her charitable & philanthropic efforts ... when she clearly admitted - she just showed up. She WISHED she could be more involved, but just shows up as a spokesperson for GODaddy. ( At least, JUST in reference to her 3 appearances, as mentioned in the article w/pics )

Just asking... is showing up to a charity when you're a spokesperson ... a charitable & philanthropic thing? I just thought the pushers of the article were off a little... not Danica herself. This is an example of she's darned if she does and darned if she doesn't, by the media. She shows up as a spokesperson and the next thing you know, the media portrays her signing the check.

Yes .. it was cute to see her suddenly smile and light up at the mention of Ricky's name. That is special ... and was so sweet to see. :-)

Unfortunately the video is not on u-tube so I can't post it here for you.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

red man

Post Sat May 31, 2014 2:48 am

Thanks--nice interview with Danica apparently having been asked to speak on behalf of this charity, but its nothing she hasn't done many times before with other charitys & will likely again. Danica does this for so many products, sponsors, charitys & causes she represents & add in extra charitys like this one, its easy to see why she made the comment "she wished she had more time to do more", but everyone needs some personal time for themselves.

This interview segment with Danica on this NBCsports network Nascar America show is simply one of many drivers they have interviewed to draw attention to their network for Nascar fans to hopefully draw them in to their network for next yr when they start airing some Nascar races. Good luck with that.

Return to Danica