FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Deleted

<<

racer1

Post Fri May 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Deleted

Deleted this nice article due to more contamination from the low life posters on this site whos agenda is to ruin every decent article about Danica even inspiring young girls as 14Smokeum has done & MJ as usual showing what a lousy non-moderated garbage forum this really is to allow posters like these. :x .
Last edited by racer1 on Sat May 24, 2014 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

14Smokem

Post Fri May 23, 2014 2:54 pm

Re: Danica spurs woman to try racing

A portion of what Racer Linked to, here:

"I think the last hurdle is still right there at the top, with sponsors and car owners, at the gateways to the top series," said Lyn St. James, a former racer who made seven Indianapolis 500 starts. Since 1994 she has championed the cause of helping young female racers achieve their dreams, first by starting a driver development academy and now through the Women's Sports Foundation's Project Podium scholarship fund. Among her former pupils is Danica Patrick. "The corporation executive who ultimately has to make the decision to sponsor a female driver, or the team owner who has to decide to put her in his equipment.

"And I think that with a lot of those decision-makers, the problem is instinctual. There is still a lot of built-in paternal need to protect a woman. To not put her in danger. They might not even know they're doing it. But if she has made the decision to want to do this, then hopefully they can make the decision to support it."

OK, so then how does the racer go about convincing those gatekeepers to buy in?
espnW

"Oh, that's the easiest answer of them all," St. James said. "They have to win races."

That's how St. James got to Indianapolis, winning the 12 Hours of Sebring and 24 Hours of Daytona sports car events.
Patrick's 2008 victory at Motegi, Japan
, ultimately greased the rails for her move from IndyCar to NASCAR. And the most female-packed paddock of them all became that way because of the winner who came before them.

"Women having success is nothing new here in drag racing," explained John Force, a 16-time NHRA Funny Car champion who has competed with and lost to two of his own daughters, Ashley and Courtney. "What year did Shirley Muldowney win her first championship? Because I know for a fact that the following year this place was packed with women holding helmets."

It was in 1977 that Muldowney won the first of her three national titles. This year alone there are eight women racing across the NHRA's top four national divisions. The next to win at the end of a weekend will have earned the 100th series victory for a female driver.

"When you put your helmet on, if you perform, then man or woman doesn't matter," said Enders-Stevens, who leads the Pro Stock Division standings. "You know, there's no reason why we can't compete at this level. We just need to be given a chance and then, when we are given that chance, we need to win."

The women above have a common theme. either expressed or Actual.
Winning is what gives them Status, Sponsors and Respect.
Danica has won a race.... Motegi
She has done well in NASCAR, owning most of the women's records.
I suspect she will eventually own them all.
To be "in the Club" she NEEDS to win..... Nothing less......

NOW, before you get your thong pulled too tight Racer...
Slow down, breathe, relax, and think.
There was nothing in the above thoughts, OR Statement
which demeaned your anointed driver.

Just facts...... from your very own link.....

Lyn St James Highlights and Facts

**Currently competes in vintage races around the world including the Inaugural Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational
**Held 31 international and national closed circuit speed records over a 20-year period.
**Raced twice (1989, 1991) in the biggest endurance race in the world; the 24 Hours of Le Mans (France)
**Two wins in the 24 Hours of Daytona (winning GTO Team Driver in 1987 and 1990)
**Raced (9 times) in the famous 12 Hours of Sebring Endurance race (winning GTO Team driver in 1990)
**Raced in 53 SCCA Trans-Am races with 7 Top-5 finishes and raced in 62 IMSA GT races with 6 wins and 17 Top-5 and 37 Top-10 finishes
**Only woman to win an IMSA GT race driving solo (1985 Watkins Glen)
**Raced in the legendary Goodwood Motor Circuit Revival & Festival Meetings in England in 2001, 2005, 2006, and 2007

Edited for punctuation
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

racer1

Post Fri May 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Deleted as is original topic as mentioned.
Last edited by racer1 on Sat May 24, 2014 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat May 24, 2014 12:40 am

"While Winning is key for most drivers including ALL the woman in the past & present because they DONT/DIDNT HAVE what Danica has had for yrs."

its called modern times idiot boy, back in the 70's it was frowned upon for women to do anything better than a man, but Shirley Muldowney did it, 3 times over, can Danica say that?
If Danica is so mainstream why arent the ratings through the roof? most lil kids wont sit there 4 hours, they dont have the attention span, so as much as you wanna hype danica as the best, she is far from it, she never won popular driver, she never won a nascar sanction race, she didnt pay her dues like most women by going to small tracks every weekend or even lowering herself to truck level, and people like you will suck up the attention of a good qualifying run over a victory any day, that is why many dont take her serious, not because she is a woman but because she is a driver that took short cuts...
I miss you Frehley........
<<

14Smokem

Post Sat May 24, 2014 10:38 am

Re: Un Deleted Post

racer1 wrote:Deleted this nice article due to more contamination from the low life posters on this site whos agenda is to ruin every decent article about Danica even inspiring young girls as 14Smokeum has done & MJ as usual showing what a lousy non-moderated garbage forum this really is to allow posters like these. :x .

Thank You for deleting your comments.
I would have done the same thing.

I am curious though.......
EXACTLY WHAT, did you find offensive in the below
commentary I made.......??????<<<<< for Schmoopy

14Smokem wrote:The women above have a common theme. either expressed or Actual.
Winning is what gives them Status, Sponsors and Respect.
Danica has won a race.... Motegi
She has done well in NASCAR, owning most of the women's records.
I suspect she will eventually own them all.
To be "in the Club" she NEEDS to win..... Nothing less......

So Racer... if you will....
elucidate, and delineate the offensive
OR inaccurate parts of the above PLEASE

Thank You

by the way Racer, the Article quoted in my post was from a link YOU provided
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat May 24, 2014 11:19 am

Re: Deleted

im not a poster, i am a human being.
<<

racer1

Post Sat May 24, 2014 8:22 pm

"im not a poster, i am a human being."

What a joke MJ as you are nothing but a desease on this forum & Iam the cure. Also 14 smokeum you pm me a lot saying lets clean up this forum as MJ is controlled but apparently NOT true as hes back to normal & that wont stand. As the moderators said previously if it doesn't stop they will ban both of us, then let them do it if it gets rid of the desease on this forum which IS MJ as its always been with his agenda to corrupt anything good mentioning Danica--even a nice article of her inspiring young girls --talk about a pathetic run forum.

To add 14Smokeum you dissect & highlight crap in the decent article for what reason, other then to stir things up yourself & of COURSE THAT attracts MJ like a leach to blood to post his crap so who you kidding as you're far from innocent & part of the problem NOW. Facts are--the feeble attempts to put her down here in this garbage run forum is irrelevant to what & who she is, inspiring young girls everywhere as the article states. Most young girls today never heard of any other female drivers in history & that's probably what bothers most those living in the past--too bad. There has NEVER been a female driver so widely known as Danica & nothing will EVER change that--so Live with it. :lol: :lol:
<<

14Smokem

Post Sat May 24, 2014 11:41 pm

racer1 wrote: talk about a pathetic run forum.

here in this garbage run forum

Well Racer,
I am certain your friends at Animink are more than thrilled with
your assessment of their skills.

Since you are a hero, and well loved and coddled in your
OTHER racing sites..... why oh why do you keep returning
to this *pathetic, garbage run forum*..?????

Why...?????

No question marks were abused in the composition of this post
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun May 25, 2014 12:34 am

^^^^^ now thats funny, even a dumb redneck like me got the joke :D
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun May 25, 2014 4:55 am

Even I am laughing at that one

As I sit here reading all this...one thing comes to mind Racer, you started this thread and you are well aware of how some people feel even when they do agree with you at times and you still take it personally. So a few words of advice, if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Maybe you need to do what others have done around here from time to time...take a break away from here for a time and cool your jets. When you think you can take things less seriously, then come back and be part of things again.

I have done that from time to time on other forums and in one case I left altogether.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun May 25, 2014 7:24 am

beaverpond wrote:Even I am laughing at that one

As I sit here reading all this...one thing comes to mind Racer, you started this thread and you are well aware of how some people feel even when they do agree with you at times and you still take it personally. So a few words of advice, if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Maybe you need to do what others have done around here from time to time...take a break away from here for a time and cool your jets. When you think you can take things less seriously, then come back and be part of things again.

I have done that from time to time on other forums and in one case I left altogether.

good advice beaver, its always a no win situation with this person, there is a thread where someone posted that tony ran the double twice, racer then proceeded to belittle this person for having his facts wrong, i then said tony did run in 99 and 01, to which racer replied sarcastically that he made a mistake.........so he is allowed to make mistakes but no one else is, sounds like a baby that poops in his diapers and doesnt wanna get changed cuz it needs to play with a toy... of course that is me everyday :D haha
<<

racer1

Post Sun May 25, 2014 8:59 am

"why oh why do you keep returning
to this *pathetic, garbage run forum"

I come to forums full of Danica detractors like Ive done for many yrs with other forums to set them straight as someone has too, & Ive gotten nasty posters banned from forums that are actually moderated to see the problems, unlike here. Call it a hobby against the few low life womanizing pigs always putting Danica down bringing up the past which Is the PAST & NO longer relevant as they are too ignorant to see & accept the present or future of which she is the major influence for woman in racing---end of story.

BTW key point here ---notice I NEVER have issues with anything Annalee (or a few others) posts, as her comments or mine regarding her posts shows she for the most part IS the CLASS & GOOD EXAMPLE of what a decent poster should be in this garbage dump of most other LOW or NO class posters here--Wake UP :roll: .

The fact this site is nothing more then a personal hangout site for most to gossip in topics other then being SHR related or like NOT staying on topic & disrespecting the drivers threads is the real problem here. Social media nowdays IS for all that social gossip crap & more as forums usually have a specific purpose for which they are intended like representing this SHR team. As long as the moderators don't care about those here --who ARE only here-- for their personal agenda & could care less about whats good for SHR racing or the new fans looking in on this garbage site seeing what a farce disrespectfull site this is to some drivers & SHR itself, then it will never change. Its easy to moderate a forum, but first the moderators has to CARE. :roll:

Go to Trackforum & post your crap there like you do here & see how long some of you last.

Basic Trackforum rules most have broken HERE.
Comments will be respectfull & stay on topic or they will be moved or deleted as will the poster if it continues.
Disrespectfull comments will not be allowed.
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Sun May 25, 2014 10:56 am

How about you go there and stay there. Still want to punch you in the face!
<<

racer1

Post Sun May 25, 2014 12:25 pm

"How about you go there and stay there. Still want to punch you in the face!"

Keep it up dimwit as your giving me all the ammunition I need to shut this site down--see your other comments threating me as well. "Free speech over the internet or elsewhere is NOT recognized when any thread of physical violence is made & those doing so can & will face criminal charges".

BTW besides getting more ammuniton to shut this garbage site down for allowing threats, the best part idiot is your internet provider will also be notified of violations of cyber crime laws & your internet can be suspended also as I'll be filing charges tomorrow as Ive printed out both your threats dumb a-s-s. As I said before Good grief you Rednecks are STUPID.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun May 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Racer -----> I come to forums full of Danica detractors like Ive done for many yrs with other forums to set them straight Image

Schmoop -------> Image

Racer -------> Keep it up dimwit as your giving me all the ammunition I need to shut this site down Image

Schmoop --------> Image

Racer -------> BTW key point here ---notice I NEVER have issues with anything Annalee Image

Well it would be kinda hard to call her a womanizing pig now wouldn't it?

Racer -------> Comments will be respectfull & stay on topic or they will be moved or deleted as will the poster if it continues.
Disrespectfull comments will not be allowed. Image

Schmoop --------> :shock: Image Image this coming from the most disrespectful $h!t talking poster on the site!!! Image
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to Danica