FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

<<

stuntguy13

Posts: 11

8000

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Post Thu May 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

This is getting good. Seems "Team D" is getting it figured out. Should be a great race day. It will be interesting to watch Kurt at Indy and Danica at Charlotte.

At Indy I believe Kurt is the first modern era (since NASCAR went from street cars to racing cars) NASCAR driver to go to Indy. It will be interesting to hear from him how open wheel compares in an actual race and what skills are similar in the two forms of racing.

Happy Race Weekend. DennisT
<<

racer1

Posts: 1127

8000

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 am

Post Thu May 22, 2014 10:26 pm

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

Good job qualifying by Danica, but its not where you start but where you finish, so the race setup & keeping up the the track all night by the CC--will be most important & of course staying out of trouble. :roll:

Oh well shes making headlines with this 4th starting spot. Heres just one of them.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/d ... pot-052214
<<

14Smokem

User avatar

Posts: 500

8035

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:39 pm

Post Thu May 22, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

Very good qualifying run for her.

This could well be her kind of race....
Long and requiring being good to your equipment.
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4349

8055

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Fri May 23, 2014 12:57 am

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

stuntguy13 wrote:This is getting good. Seems "Team D" is getting it figured out. Should be a great race day. It will be interesting to watch Kurt at Indy and Danica at Charlotte.

At Indy I believe Kurt is the first modern era (since NASCAR went from street cars to racing cars) NASCAR driver to go to Indy. It will be interesting to hear from him how open wheel compares in an actual race and what skills are similar in the two forms of racing.

Happy Race Weekend. DennisT

Well John Andretti has done it multiple times
Robby Gordon has done it (think he might have multiple times as well)
Tony Stewart has done it multiple times
Tony Stewart I believe is the only one to complete all 1100 miles though.
So Kurt is close to being the only one to do it in modern era ;)
ImageImageImage
<<

jdpirate

User avatar

Posts: 1752

8300

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Location: Rochester, NY

Post Fri May 23, 2014 11:32 am

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

Good qualifying run by Danica :)
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

BlackFlag

User avatar

Posts: 697

8255

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Location: Concord, N.C.

Post Fri May 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

I think Stuntguy is trying to say Kurt is the first Nascar driver who wasn't previously an Indy car driver to tackle Indianapolis.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4349

8055

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Fri May 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

BlackFlag wrote:I think Stuntguy is trying to say Kurt is the first Nascar driver who wasn't previously an Indy car driver to tackle Indianapolis.

Ahhh!
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Posts: 1127

8000

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 am

Post Sat May 24, 2014 9:01 am

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

Once again this is a Danica topic, Kurt has his own thread which is like a ghost town--GO post comments relevant to him there as that's why he has his own thread--DUH. BTW Schmoopy per your comment re: the double "Tony Stewart has done it multiple times" --not hardly as he did the double ONCE in 2001, but then again few here care about checking the facts before they comment so nothing new. :roll:
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

User avatar

Posts: 310

8304

Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:40 pm

Post Sat May 24, 2014 10:47 am

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

Wow Racer!,

Really Harsh PAL! Forgot this was your website. We should all thank you for letting us be apart of your site. Schmoopy keep posting because the self proclaimed owner can't stop you.

THANKS RACER FOR ALL THE FUN YOU LET US HAVE HERE!

BTW I posted something about Kurt in Kurt's forum. Is that OK?
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8640

Images: 0
8324

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sat May 24, 2014 11:22 am

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

racer1 wrote:Once again this is a Danica topic, Kurt has his own thread which is like a ghost town--GO post comments relevant to him there as that's why he has his own thread--DUH. BTW Schmoopy per your comment re: the double "Tony Stewart has done it multiple times" --not hardly as he did the double ONCE in 2001, but then again few here care about checking the facts before they comment so nothing new. :roll:



hey genius check your stats, Tony did it twice, in 1999 and 2001,

your just as ignorant as usual..... nothing new :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Image
<<

ndunn

User avatar

Posts: 3264

8248

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Post Sat May 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

I don't believe I have to have permission to do anything any where I feel like it but since I'm here I'd like to ask a question. I watched some reruns of the Indy 500's the other day and I wasn't able to watch the end of one. Did Tony have to leave Indianapolis during a rain delay to get back for the race in Charlotte so was unable to finish the 500 race?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

14Smokem

User avatar

Posts: 500

8035

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:39 pm

Post Sat May 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

ndunn wrote:I don't believe I have to have permission to do anything any where I feel like it but since I'm here I'd like to ask a question. I watched some reruns of the Indy 500's the other day and I wasn't able to watch the end of one. Did Tony have to leave Indianapolis during a rain delay to get back for the race in Charlotte so was unable to finish the 500 race?


He did it in 1999 and 2001.. both times he started and finished BOTH races.
The 2001 race was the best of the two... as his starting and finishes were
both improved over 1999.

Fox Sports
Tony Stewart, 1999

A NASCAR rookie after spending five years in IndyCar, Stewart was actually pulling double duty throughout his attempt. On Indy Pole day, he qualified 24th, then went on that night to win a Winston Open qualifier before coming in second in the All-Star Race. Come Indy, Stewart finished ninth, then followed that up with a fourth-place effort in Charlotte. It was, at the time, the best combined effort of a driver pulling Double Duty, though Stewart improved upon it two years later.

Tony Stewart, 2001

The criticism was that Stewart had grown too overweight to pull off the 1,100-mile double, but he delivered the most successful attempt as he finished sixth in Indy and third in Charlotte after qualifying seventh and 12th, respectively. Working with a tight window because the Coca-Cola 600 start time had been moved up, Stewart's bid hit a snag as rain fell in Indiana. He nearly relinquished the car to backup driver Richie Hearn, but Stewart completed the race before flying to Charlotte. After missing the driver's meeting, he was put in the back, but he steadily climbed up to become the first driver to complete every mile in both events.
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

racer1

Posts: 1127

8000

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 am

Post Sat May 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

Woops-- made a mistake so will admit it. However when searching for drivers doing the double the site I searched only had Tonys name shown in 2001. However the wiki site for Tonys stats did say he tried the double in 99?. Still its old history some here love to bragg about as Danicas 3rd & 4th finish's in the 500 easily bests Tonys finishes--end of story. Keep bragging though but the 500 was NOT Tonys best track--end of story.

BTW MJ you've already been the face of the word "ignorant" around here due to your inability to understand the facts or topics of any thread probably due to your rednecks inbreeding. Course without rednecks Foxworthy wouldn't be so famous with his "stupid as" jokes which has made his career. :lol: :lol:
<<

14Smokem

User avatar

Posts: 500

8035

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:39 pm

Post Sat May 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

Please try smiling

Here... lemme helpya


Small town Pastor


There's an old priest who got sick of all the people in his parish who
kept confessing to adultery. One Sunday, in the pulpit, he said, "If I
hear one more person confess to adultery, I'll quit!"

Well, everyone liked him, so they came up with a code word. Someone
who had committed adultery would say they had "fallen."

This seemed to satisfy the old priest and things went well, until the
priest died at a ripe old age.

About a week after the new priest arrived, he visited the mayor of
the town and seemed very concerned.

The priest said, "You have to do something about the sidewalks in
town. When people come into the confessional, they keep talking about
having fallen."

The mayor started to laugh, realizing that no one had told the new
priest about the code word.

Before the mayor could explain, the priest shook an accusing finger at
the mayor and said,

"I don't know what you're laughing about, your
wife fell three times this week." :D :D
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8640

Images: 0
8324

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sat May 24, 2014 2:10 pm

Re: Charlotte should be great - got it work'in

racer1 wrote:Woops-- made a mistake so will admit it. However when searching for drivers doing the double the site I searched only had Tonys name shown in 2001. However the wiki site for Tonys stats did say he tried the double in 99?. Still its old history some here love to bragg about as Danicas 3rd & 4th finish's in the 500 easily bests Tonys finishes--end of story. Keep bragging though but the 500 was NOT Tonys best track--end of story.

BTW MJ you've already been the face of the word "ignorant" around here due to your inability to understand the facts or topics of any thread probably due to your rednecks inbreeding. Course without rednecks Foxworthy wouldn't be so famous with his "stupid as" jokes which has made his career. :lol: :lol:


your comments might actually hurt if i had any RESPECT for you as a human being, so i dont..... trying coming up with an insult you have not used before on everyone else on this site, and be-careful what you say ANIMINK will put you in the corner again... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Image
Next

Return to Danica

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron
stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER