FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sprint All Star Race

<<

Bmw76

Post Fri May 16, 2014 7:48 am

Sprint All Star Race

Today is the last day to Vote for Danica!!!! Vote early and Vote Often lets get her into the race with the Fan's Vote!!!! Let's show all of NASCAR Nation who has the best fans!!!!
<<

Annalee

Post Fri May 16, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Sprint All Star Race

I think she's got this........ :D

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

14Smokem

Post Fri May 16, 2014 1:13 pm

Well, if she is as racy as she was in Kansas....

She might just race her way in......????
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

racer1

Post Fri May 16, 2014 5:57 pm

"Well, if she is as racy as she was in Kansas...."

Based on ALL the cars speeds today she isn't looking near as fast as Kansas as comparison & by her own comments after qualifying-- saying she has her work cut out for her tonight--says it all? We'll see how she is in the race as Danica tends to surprise now & then but has to have a GOOD handling car to do so & this car by her own comments may or may not be that good, but we'll soon see?

I think she's got this........ :D

Lets hope Annalee but the way the Nascar media is hyping up AJ, Dillon, Larson & other drivers all week for this vote & saying today the results are very close not like last yr, is their covering themselves for the driver Nascar wants in this race--in my opinion-- so expect the unexpected? Maybe iam wrong as we all know how many fans she has vs all the others in this vote but-- I trust Nascar as much as a rubber crutch? Guess well see soon enough but I have other plans for Sat night anyway in case she doesn't get in?? Good Luck though :)
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri May 16, 2014 6:13 pm

Bmw76 wrote:Today is the last day to Vote for Danica!!!! Vote early and Vote Often lets get her into the race with the Fan's Vote!!!! Let's show all of NASCAR Nation who has the best fans!!!!

It only lets you vote once a day...this is something that we should have put up awhile ago and then kept it going on a daily basis for the fans to keep her up there. To mention it now may be a little late being as the winner is announced tonight.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

racer1

Post Fri May 16, 2014 6:26 pm

Edited original earlier comments to say now showdown race is over & to say NO surpise as I suggested earlier for me--Nascar is phoney as a $3 bill? Josh Wise winning the fan vote--NO WAY-- not even with that small time sponsors help as Danica got 500,000 votes last yr & has gained more fans? Anyone else hear the announcers say someone voted 84,000 times? Per breaverpond --if its 1 vote per day-- that IS IMPOSSIBLE as other fan sites of hers said they couldn't vote more then once & some couldn't vote for her at all?? :roll:

Oh well now I DONT have to watch along with many other fans of hers Sat night--you LOSE Nascar? :lol: :lol:
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Sat May 17, 2014 11:09 am

What a #### shame. She should be in the race tonight. Sorry to all Danica fans. You were all robbed.
<<

BlackFlag

Post Sat May 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Much disappointment. Such sadness. :cry:
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon May 19, 2014 4:11 pm

I still can't believe NASCAR fell for this doge coin scam.....they are sooooooo stupid!! Danica even received lot more votes than last year.... :twisted: :twisted:

I #Support Smoke
<<

racer1

Post Mon May 19, 2014 6:39 pm

"I still can't believe NASCAR fell for this doge coin scam"

Nascar didnt really fall for that, they accepted it as it once again targeted Danica losing as the headline as they've done to her for yrs with their neg Fox sports & other media always targeting her in a neg storyline to draw attention to their lousy series. Did you see any articles highlighting Dillon or Larson who many wanted in that race losing to this scam--NO--just articles headlining Danica losing--says it all. Here you go great take on this scam vote: http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/stor ... um=twitter
Long article so Excerps:
"At least Patrick has a legitimate fan base. You see it every week when she is swarmed by fans in the garage. You see it with the long lines at her souvenir hauler---------- and She finished fifth in voting for the Sprint Cup MPD award last year. ---------Yet she was bumped from all-star race by a little-known driver who was barely noticed until his small fan base stuffed the ballot box.-----------the move to put him in the all-star race did a grave injustice to what matters most — the show and the fans who deserve to see the sport’s biggest stars in the all-star race.--That list includes Patrick, not Josh Wise."

One thing for certain-- if this gang of internet scammers do this again for the MPD to give that to an underdog driver as they even stated on social media "they're on a mission & they aren't done yet" & JR is NOT winning, Nascar wont even acknowledge their phony voting, as its JR--- & I'd bet the farm on it? :roll:

Danica used to have FIRE & PASSION in Indycar but being in this garbage Nascar series with this lousy team & lousy car having her thinking its all her that she isn't good enough, it appears shes lost all self esteem now unwilling to stand up for herself like she used to do. She used to fight for herself & now shes just like a beaten down person or a whipped pony. She could blast Nascar in the worldwide press for this & other things & the world would listen, so its sad to see whats happened to her simply accepting things the way they are for some reason?-- very sad to see. :roll:
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon May 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Look at the bright side, Junior wasn't voted in either! :mrgreen: Parsons needs a sponsor for his team, Josh Wise has a lot of talent but we'll never see it long as he drives for a low funded team. Personally, I think this is what it's all about, trying to attract sponsorship for that team. The fan vote has always been wrong when you can vote more than once. What I expected was Larson or even Danica, long before Josh Wise. :shock:
<<

Annalee

Post Tue May 20, 2014 10:31 am

NASCAR IS STILL TRYING TO SPIN THIS.....NASCAR.....FYI...WE ARE NOT THAT STUPID...... :P

MISSING FRON NASCAR'S BIG SHOW.........
by Jeff Owens

Yet there was one big thing missing from NASCAR’s big show.

DANICA....Image

Danica Patrick, one of NASCAR’s most popular stars, missed the all-star race because she lost the Sprint Fan Vote to little-known Josh Wise . Patrick didn’t deserve to be in the all-star on performance or merit. She has struggled on the track this year, as she has her whole NASCAR career. She will be the first to admit that she doesn’t belong among NASCAR’s all-star elite based
on performance.

But that’s where the Sprint Fan Vote comes in. It’s basically a popularity contest that allows fans
to vote one driver into the all-star race.It’s a way to get fan favorites into the race when they don’t succeed at racing their way in. It’s an odd twist but it allows fans to participate and rewards one driver for having a big, loyal fan base.

Except for this year, when the fan vote turned into a FARCE.

With all due respect to Wise and his sponsors, he had no business being in Saturday night’s race.

He won because he was backed by reddit.com, a savvy online community that figured out how to manipulate the fan vote .

PHOTOS: All-Star Race highlights | Kurt Busch prepares for Indy-Charlotte double

Danica Patrick (AP Photo)
The website’s dogecoin community, which sponsored Wise at Talladega May 4, developed a slick campaign to get Wise into the race and figured out how to manipulate the rules to allow supporters to vote as many times as they could. Some participants were allowed to cast thousands of votes by using reddit’s plan and techniques.

So backed by a clever online strategy, Wise made a late push to surpass Patrick and her follower's to win the fan vote.

Kudos to Wise and his backers for designing the strategy and executing it to perfection.

The humble Wise seems like a great guy and has a solid racing background in sprint cars. He hasn’t gotten the breaks to show what he can do in NASCAR, so this is not meant to discredit or disparage him.

But the move to put him in the all-star race did a grave injustice to what matters most — the show and the fans who deserve to see the sport’s biggest stars in the all-star race.

That list includes Patrick, not Josh Wise.

Like it or not — and many fans don’t — Patrick is one of NASCAR’s biggest stars. She might not be one of sport’s best drivers, but stardom is measured in many ways and on most other levels she’s a winner.

Though Patrick has struggled on the track, she does have some impressive accomplishments, including winning the pole and finishing eighth in the 2013 Daytona 500. Just last week she finished seventh at Kansas.

Danica haters love to harp on her failures and shortcomings, but look at the career stats of Wise. He has made 79 Cup starts, never finished in the top 10 and has finished on the lead lap only once. Most of his NASCAR career has been as a start-and-park driver.

At least Patrick has a legitimate fan base. You see it every week when she is swarmed by fans in the garage. You see it with the long lines at her souvenir hauler and you hear it during driver introductions.

She was voted the Nationwide Series Most Popular Driver in 2012 and finished fifth in voting for the Sprint Cup award last year.

Yet she was bumped from all-star race by a little-known driver who was barely noticed until his small fan base stuffed the ballot box.

That shouldn’t be allowed to happen ........

I #Support Smoke
<<

racer1

Post Tue May 20, 2014 11:35 am

This deserves a double post as I posted in the Gen Nascar thread also under the Fan vote:

From Jayski: "•Overnight All-Star Race TV Ratings: Overnight ratings dropped by double-digits for the first NASCAR All-Star Race since Speed Channel became Fox Sports 1. The NASCAR Sprint Cup All-Star Race earned a 1.7 overnight rating on Fox Sports 1 Saturday night, according to ShowBuzz Daily, down 15% from last year on Speed Channel (2.0)"

Oh yeh-- the article like some here goes on to make excuses for the low ratings but I think everyone knows what caused some of the viewers not tuning in--but keep defending the low ratings as some will Iam sure but it doesn't change anything. Nascar has MANY problems but by them accepting this bogus fan vote they have essentially sent the message "all the REAL fans that drivers bring in DONT matter". How in the world has this ignorant corrupt series stayed around this long is what amazes me? :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue May 20, 2014 12:42 pm

racer1 wrote:This deserves a double post as I posted in the Gen Nascar thread also under the Fan vote:

From Jayski: "•Overnight All-Star Race TV Ratings: Overnight ratings dropped by double-digits for the first NASCAR All-Star Race since Speed Channel became Fox Sports 1. The NASCAR Sprint Cup All-Star Race earned a 1.7 overnight rating on Fox Sports 1 Saturday night, according to ShowBuzz Daily, down 15% from last year on Speed Channel (2.0)"

Oh yeh-- the article like some here goes on to make excuses for the low ratings but I think everyone knows what caused some of the viewers not tuning in--but keep defending the low ratings as some will Iam sure but it doesn't change anything. Nascar has MANY problems but by them accepting this bogus fan vote they have essentially sent the message "all the REAL fans that drivers bring in DONT matter". How in the world has this ignorant corrupt series stayed around this long is what amazes me? :roll:

so what your saying is we all should be held hostage to Danica being in the race because she is popular? Screw that. If she wants a guaranteed spot, she can race her way in.
Why just give her a spot in the race that is for "winners"?
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue May 20, 2014 1:41 pm

danica has done nothing for nascar ratings, so lets get off this lame horse already...
I will miss you Frehley........
Next

Return to Danica