FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Darlington thread

<<

racer1

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Darlington thread

Danicas Darlington thread as hoping for better results then the last couple races? Very busy day Fri. with 2 practices then quals late. Darlington event schedule:
http://www.darlingtonraceway.com/Plan-Y ... edule.aspx

Danicas appearances at Darlington, one by herself and one with Tony & Ryan if its correct?

"Danica Patrick is scheduled to appear the Sprint Experience at Darlington Raceway on Saturday, April 12 at 3:10 PM. Miss Sprint Cup will conduct a Q&A."

"•Tony Stewart, Danica Patrick, and Ryan Newman are scheduled to appear in the Stripe Zone hospitality area at Darlington Raceway for a Q&A on Saturday, April 12 . Time is TBD, prior to the Bojangles' Southern 500. Fans must purchase a Stripe Zone package in order to attend. DarlingtonRaceway.com."
<<

Keener29

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:23 am

Re: Darlington thread

22nd and on the lead lap if I'm reading the results right. Not a bad day at "The Lady in Black" for the lady in green.
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:55 am

I loved at the end when Danica and Ricky were racing each other for bragging rights.... :D. I think she won that one!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

jdpirate

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:42 am

Decent finish for Danica. Glad she was able to get back on the lead lap.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

racer1

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Decent finish all thing considered 22nd but still 29th in owners points so going to be tough for her to gain in that without much better finishes like top 15's or top 10 tough as it is given the competition & circumstances?? :roll:

Iam still wondering what they were thinking having her stay out when she was running with Tony & others 1 lap down and the field all pitted under the caution except her team having her stay out by herself on older tires--just stupid as she then had to pit under green out of sequence & go another lap down. Had her team followed Tonys teams strategy who knows how much better she might've finished, as he did? Tony got back on the lead lap sooner then she did because of his teams better strategy & he gained positions due to that while she was stuck still a lap down till much later near the end finally getting back on the lead lap but too late to gain anything?

Oh well all things considered--could've been worse as sometimes a gamble pays off & sometimes it doesn't, but starting the race with a slow practice & Q car near the back of the field & bad/questionable strategy--she has little chance with this team in my opinion if that's the best they can do for her? :roll:

Tough luck again for Kurt but congrads to Harvick. 2 weeks till the next race--boredom. :roll:
<<

hboyle

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:06 pm

racer1 wrote:Decent finish all thing considered 22nd but still 29th in owners points so going to be tough for her to gain in that without much better finishes like top 15's or top 10 tough as it is given the competition & circumstances?? :roll:

Iam still wondering what they were thinking having her stay out when she was running with Tony & others 1 lap down and the field all pitted under the caution except her team having her stay out by herself on older tires--just stupid as she then had to pit under green out of sequence & go another lap down. Had her team followed Tonys teams strategy who knows how much better she might've finished, as he did? Tony got back on the lead lap sooner then she did because of his teams better strategy & he gained positions due to that while she was stuck still a lap down till much later near the end finally getting back on the lead lap but too late to gain anything?

Oh well all things considered--could've been worse as sometimes a gamble pays off & sometimes it doesn't, but starting the race with a slow practice & Q car near the back of the field & bad/questionable strategy--she has little chance with this team in my opinion if that's the best they can do for her? :roll:

Tough luck again for Kurt but congrads to Harvick. 2 weeks till the next race--boredom. :roll:

I'm guessing they were hoping for a caution to come before they had to pit. They almost got it, as a few things did happen but the caution flag didn't get waved. If they had gotten the caution, they could have benefited.
<<

racer1

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:29 pm

"I'm guessing they were hoping for a caution to come before they had to pit. They almost got it, as a few things did happen but the caution flag didn't get waved. If they had gotten the caution, they could have benefited."

Yeh I know-- but as the old saying "if it works your a hero but if it doesn't then its a bad call"? My point with my comments was if you aren't sure then follow what others do who have proven to be winners and have good finishes using their strategys. Oh well I'd say they were more desperate to get her lap back & didnt want to wait longer but--it didn't work this time hoping for a quicker caution but that's Nascar & its "risk vs reward" judgement calls? :lol:

Here's post race report with comments from Danica always supporting her team & TG comments.
http://www.stewarthaasracing.com/media/ ... ticle=1465
<<

14Smokem

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:16 pm

OK......
Saint Danica finished 22nd...... That was a GOOD finish for her.

IF... her average finish this entire year had only been 22nd....
She would be tied with OR better than Kurt OR Kevin.....

Progress, NOT perfection. Crave it, live it, bathe in it.

Now, kick back, and, breathe... She is just fine.
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:06 pm

I'm trying not to disagree with racer & get things out of whack here
but
I thought her pit strategy was the right call.
She took the wave around along with the 78, 34, & 32. So yes during green flag run she had to pit before others, but what happened was that meant she was running on fresher tires sooner, & when the others pitted under green it put her way ahead of others she was racing with. So even though she got lapped again during the run, she was ahead of the leaders after all pitted & when the next yellow came out. She didn't finish better because she had a car that should have been several laps down. Without her pit strategy she would have finished in the late 20's. I think she should be happy with the 22nd place finish.

Bottom line was yes it was a risk, but she made up a ton of time on fresh tires when she did pit, & the others didn't get full use out of their fresh tires when they pitted, because of the caution.

You know me. I don't like saying anything nice about TG.
So with that I will say :twisted:
Someone in the chatroom was telling us how she had to call her own adjustments to the team, & I explained of course she does. TG is her CC. LOL
(Now I feel better. Defending TG pit decisions was making me sick)
Dam you racer for making me do that :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:06 pm

"Someone in the chatroom was telling us how she had to call her own adjustments to the team, & I explained of course she does. TG is her CC. LOL"

Good one--I believe that ? :lol:

Rest up for 2 weeks and on to Richmond another short track--goodie? :roll:

Return to Danica