FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fontana--not bad pt 2

<<

racer1

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:13 pm

Fontana--not bad pt 2

Nice finish--14th-- considering how bad her car was for the start and didn't improve until almost half way or more --as usual--good grief? She had worked her way up to 20th or so, then had to pit under green late for the tire issue & then restarting 32nd a lap down but getting the wave around and driving to her 14th finish was great to see. Course this track is terrible for tire wear as we saw with numerous other drivers having minor and major problems with that--thanks Fontana. I just don't understand how this crew cant get her car better in practice, quals & for the start of the race as it always is so bad and has been at most tracks since she started FT last yr. Danica is definitely improving as a driver I believe so now its time for CC or whatever changes in my opinion, esp how well Kurt and Kevin esp unload every week & Tony S is getting there now--nice top 5 finish for him and Kurt also. :)

Have to say tough tough bad luck for Kevin--again? What does this team have to do to get ALL its drivers a good finish without the bad luck every race--good grief? :roll:

BTW--not a big fan, but loved to hear Amirola when he bashed the driver who took him out saying a driver not going for points etc with daddys money gets to be in these races with nothing to lose and wreck points drivers--SO true. It likely wont ever change but that's just one of the things wrong with Nascar? :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Re: Fontana--not bad pt 2

racer1 wrote:Nice finish--14th-- considering how bad her car was for the start and didn't improve until almost half way or more --as usual--good grief? She had worked her way up to 20th or so, then had to pit under green late for the tire issue & then restarting 32nd a lap down but getting the wave around and driving to her 14th finish was great to see. Course this track is terrible for tire wear as we saw with numerous other drivers having minor and major problems with that--thanks Fontana. I just don't understand how this crew cant get her car better in practice, quals & for the start of the race as it always is so bad and has been at most tracks since she started FT last yr. Danica is definitely improving as a driver I believe so now its time for CC or whatever changes in my opinion, esp how well Kurt and Kevin esp unload every week & Tony S is getting there now--nice top 5 finish for him and Kurt also. :)

Have to say tough tough bad luck for Kevin--again? What does this team have to do to get ALL its drivers a good finish without the bad luck every race--good grief? :roll:

BTW--not a big fan, but loved to hear Amirola when he bashed the driver who took him out saying a driver not going for points etc with daddys money gets to be in these races with nothing to lose and wreck points drivers--SO true. It likely wont ever change but that's just one of the things wrong with Nascar? :roll:

Brian Scott is the grandson or great grandson or something like that of the guy that owned Albertson's. The guy has always been a loose cannon on the track.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:26 pm

Great finish for Danica ........she beat Ricky :)

Aric called him a Dart without feathers.....Albertsons...hmmmm,I thought it was Scott paper products ;) :lol: :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Keener29

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:29 am

Good see her get a pretty good finish. As long as she keeps getting better I think any race is a good race.

Now on to Martinsville where she ran pretty good last year!
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:31 am

racer1 wrote:Nice finish--14th-- considering how bad her car was for the start and didn't improve until almost half way or more --as usual--good grief? She had worked her way up to 20th or so, then had to pit under green late for the tire issue & then restarting 32nd a lap down but getting the wave around and driving to her 14th finish was great to see. Course this track is terrible for tire wear as we saw with numerous other drivers having minor and major problems with that--thanks Fontana. I just don't understand how this crew cant get her car better in practice, quals & for the start of the race as it always is so bad and has been at most tracks since she started FT last yr. Danica is definitely improving as a driver I believe so now its time for CC or whatever changes in my opinion, esp how well Kurt and Kevin esp unload every week & Tony S is getting there now--nice top 5 finish for him and Kurt also. :)

I don't think it's tire wear so much as it is the setup. As explained during the race, these cars are locked down tight on the track, leaving the tires to do all the work of absorbing the bumps and the turns. If the teams are going to set their cars up that way, then they have to change the driving style a bit on the long runs. The drivers have commented that the track has hit a sweet spot between being new and old, allowing for multiple grooves, and passing all over.
Great run for Danica none the less.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:09 am

Annalee wrote:Great finish for Danica ........she beat Ricky :)

Aric called him a Dart without feathers.....Albertsons...hmmmm,I thought it was Scott paper products ;) :lol: :lol:

That's plagerism "dart without feathers" is what Tony called David Ragan about 5 yrs ago.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

racer1

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Danica's post Fontana race report for those interested?

http://www.danicaracing.com/newsdesk-press&nid=255

Good quote from her--kind of says it all.

"“It seems like some of our most trying weekends end up with our better results, so we’ll take it "

Also to add-- she was slow on restarts but-- maybe they told her to take it easy as to not spin or wear the tires as we saw some taking off easy even in qualifying that was mentioned then. Facts are, many of those running close to her passing her on restarts etc, ended up behind her at the finish as she did get on it being 18th for the last restart, & finishing 14th. Course Cassill stayed out to lead foolishly and ended up much worse. Not a perfect race by any means but BETTER. :)
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:21 pm

BRIAN SCOTT SUCKS! That's all I got! :lol:
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:40 pm

Wolf this is a danica thread, please dont bring up other drivers unless you have written permission from parents.... carry on....
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:01 pm

Info on Brian Scott's lineage...

Members of the Albertson family serve on a seven-member board of directors: J.B. Scott is the grandson of Joe and Kathryn Albertson; Jamie MacMillan is J.B. Scott’s daughter, Brian Scott is J.B. Scott’s son and J.L. Scott is J.B. Scott’s father.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:05 pm

Don't care if he is the grandson of god, he sucks! :lol:
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:46 pm

wolfgang wrote:Don't care if he is the grandson of god, he sucks! :lol:

he is a child of the Lord ;)
I will miss you Frehley........

Return to Danica