FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica featured in NASCAR Hall of Fame exhibit

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Re: Danica featured in NASCAR Hall of Fame exhibit

i dont see male or female, i see drivers and that is the biggest compliment you could give to any woman, they dont want to be singled out for what they do, they dont want their own category for records, they want to be taken serious as a driver.
<<

14Smokem

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:32 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i dont see male or female, i see drivers and that is the biggest compliment you could give to any woman, they dont want to be singled out for what they do, they dont want their own category for records, they want to be taken serious as a driver.

Well said and accurate from those I know.

Local racers as well as National drivers are exactly that way in their views.
They already know they have to be a step above, just to make the cut.

Kudos
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

racer1

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Nice post Schmoopy1000 as those were good comments, whether my opinion matters or probably not?

Indycar has given many more females rides in the past as there were like 5 females in some of the Indy500's but now there are NONE this yr showing yet anyway even PT, since Simona couldn't get the ride she wanted when her contract ran out. Some said in Indycar forums, the contract her management wanted for her was some type of part ownership deal etc, but no teams bought in to it apparently so she left for the F1 chance however that works out in the future as she is good on those rd courses etc? The fact that J long didnt attract any sponsors to help her get another ride is still sad given the fact her dad was or is in Nascar isn't he? That alone says a lot about the sorry state of Nascar and its OWN female drivers within the Nascar family--doesn't it?

For that matter worth mentioning as some here mention the NHRA series which has several female drivers in it Ive saw through the yrs also which makes it seem more female friendly & easier to get into for females? Course the sponsor dollars are probably a lot less for NHRA, then a reg top racing series so that may be key in that series talking about sponsor dollars being so important nowdays??

Iam aware of the Cope sisters as they did some sexy photo shoots to get attention etc yrs ago that made some news, but apparently doing that don't guarantee a top ride if they haven't proven to be aomewhat competitive anyway to team owners? Chrissy Wallace also in a Nascar family won some small series races but never got much of a chance in the top series either which shows even having a big Nascar family doesn't help unless there is some real talent showing which Iam sure bothered the Wallace family? Not a fan of J J Cobb but she is to be respected for her hard work trying to keep her small team going-- as it doesn't seem any teams are willing to help her much?

Oh well--so much for the struggles of females in auto racing and nice to see the article & HOF Exhibit honoring them for what they did achieve as ive stated--congrads for that. :) Iam done with this topic now--looking for a good race tomorrow--hopefully? :roll:
<<

futura64

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:22 pm

The "Women in the Winners Circle Program" was originally put together through the Lyn St. James Foundation.
BudmaninTx
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:18 am

The only time Danica impressed me was when she finished her best season in the IRL 5th, that I can not deny was impressive. The song still remains the same BTO YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET! ;)
Said this before, thou not stock car racing, Shirley Muldowney now she was impressive. :mrgreen:
Previous

Return to Danica