FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

not bad

<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:25 pm

Re: not bad

Relax, my post wasn't even really directed at you Racer, but you jumped in before I could respond to the previous one. In other's eyes, your history here just kind of lumped you in with their post. :lol:
<<

racer1

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Ok--thanks. BTW Heres Danicas take on the race from her website/facebook site:

"The 26 (Cole Whitt) wasn’t clear and got into us and so we had some damage. Then I lost first and second gear and then finally third gear, so the last 100 or 200 laps I only had fourth gear. That’s why I hit Clint (Bowyer) in the pits. It wouldn’t go so I dipped the clutch and got sideways, and when it was about to spin around, I lifted, it caught and then it went straight and it wouldn’t stop. So I hit him. I apologized to his crew after the race. And then it was like yellow after yellow, and if there was any day I didn’t want yellows, it’s today because I didn’t have any gears. We survived and got a decent finish out of it. Gibson made good calls all night, and hopefully we can build on this going to Fontana.”

"The luck of the Irish was with us"

BTW anyone notice that Cole Whitt running into HER is barely a glitch of a story anywhere like this pit road thing is? Why--because as stated heaven forbid Fox, or any media report anything negative regarding a MALE driver like Whitt who caused the wreck with Danica. Reports say HE forced her high but wasnt clear of her when he tried to get in front of her, but justice served as she kept in the throttle and he clearly got the worst of it deservingly so? Think he learned anything--probably not--course maybe his spotter needs glasses? :lol:
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:03 pm

Just guessing, but I'd say it's because Cole is not a story at all. Nothing to report on him at this point in his career.
Anything, and I mean anything, that Danica does...good or bad...is a news story. In terms of the media, she's what the people want. It may be to take shots at her, it may be support her, but the writers are just trying to make a paycheck. Giving details about Danica helps in that department.
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:03 pm

So let me get this straight, Danica is running off of the input shaft "4th gear" of the transmission coming into the pits because it was the only gear she had left, then she runs into Clint Bowyers car leaving the pits during that same pit stop? Granted the pit area was wet, but I still find it hard to believe she took off in fourth gear w/o damaging anything else in the trans. or drive-line even if she did. :? Could someone please explain this to me, because it sure looks like she blew the trans. coming out of the pits. :shock:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Midniteflyer

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:48 pm

Would love to here the radio talk between here and Gibson during the race and the tranny issues. That much horsepower and 1 gear to control it,it would be easy for it to get away from anyone IMO.

I read another article where Harvick said he was pizzed at her for being in his way and cost him some spots. Hope he slept on it and realized she was fighting for position also. I an sure he would have done the same thing if he would have been in her position.

On to Cali. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not how fast you get from Point "A" to Point "B" it is how much fun you have getting there
<<

racer1

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:25 pm

"it sure looks like she blew the trans. coming out of the pits. :shock:"

So let me get this clear, once again some here with that lame speculation comment above with No facts to back it up, cant read what I posted from her own site and also in other media articles about this transmission going bad a 100 laps or so BEFORE the finish?. The facts are right HERE & elsewhere with this story about the bump with Bowyer AND the transmission only having 4th gear for the last 100 laps or so--DUH? :roll:

Here it is again so put your glasses ON this time & other articles links also state this issue:

"--------------Then I lost first and second gear and then finally third gear, so the last 100 or 200 laps I only had fourth gear. That’s why I hit Clint (Bowyer) in the pits. It wouldn’t go so I dipped the clutch and got sideways, and when it was about to spin around, I lifted, it caught and then it went straight and it wouldn’t stop. So I hit him. I apologized to his crew after the race. And then it was like yellow after yellow, and if there was any day I didn’t want yellows, it’s today because I didn’t have any gears----------------".

Complete story on her Bristol race with TG input etc, Regarding Whitt, the Transmission & her concern she could even finish the race with the transmission issues-- for those who can READ and UNDERSTAND what happened, rather then speculate:
http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentar ... inish-year
Last edited by racer1 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

14Smokem

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:36 pm

AND....................
Attachments
headbanger5.gif
headbanger5.gif (7.93 KiB) Viewed 710 times
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

racer1

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:46 pm

Ok 14 Smokeum--Good link to story from ESPNW right above as had to take care of something before I posted the link. Isnt it funny how many here would rather speculate the negative blaming Danica for blowing her transmission, when the story is everywhere mentioning what happened yet they only want to see the negative--shows the sorry attitude of some posters here that will never change apparently--too bad?

BTW another link on Bristol as it happened:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/na ... l/6528489/

However thinking about this as her & the articles state, Ill make a speculation on what might have happened to the Transmission? Based on the articles etc and her own account, facts are shortly after the contact with Whitt is WHEN she started having transmission issues so that hit could have infact hurt the transmission and created the problems--just saying? :roll:
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:07 pm

racer1 wrote:"it sure looks like she blew the trans. coming out of the pits. :shock:"

So let me get this clear, once again some here with that lame speculation comment above with No facts to back it up, cant read what I posted from her own site and also in other media articles about this transmission going bad a 100 laps or so BEFORE the finish?. The facts are right HERE & elsewhere with this story about the bump with Bowyer AND the transmission only having 4th gear for the last 100 laps or so--DUH? :roll:

Here it is again so put your glasses ON this time & other articles links also state this issue:

"--------------Then I lost first and second gear and then finally third gear, so the last 100 or 200 laps I only had fourth gear. That’s why I hit Clint (Bowyer) in the pits. It wouldn’t go so I dipped the clutch and got sideways, and when it was about to spin around, I lifted, it caught and then it went straight and it wouldn’t stop. So I hit him. I apologized to his crew after the race. And then it was like yellow after yellow, and if there was any day I didn’t want yellows, it’s today because I didn’t have any gears----------------".

Complete story on her Bristol race with TG input etc, Regarding Whitt, the Transmission & her concern she could even finish the race with the transmission issues-- for those who can READ and UNDERSTAND what happened, rather then speculate:
http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentar ... inish-year

This still doesn't answer my question, ever try to start out in fourth gear ? Don't care how much HP you have, something is going to give. Would rather hear the shops side of this, not hers, because I find it hard to believe she came out of the pits in fourth gear. :roll: No speculation here, just over 35yrs. experience as a technician and a former modified driver/cc myself. Got to be something I don't know about "if" this is true.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

futura64

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:28 pm

wolfgang wrote:Don't care how much HP you have, something is going to give.

That's total nonsense.
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:45 pm

Found this-- This "Oldman" is pretty popular on twitter--cool to see as he always posts a rundown of Danicas race--good or bad.
https://twitter.com/TonyOldman10
From Bristol--scroll on down to comment here:

"Tony Gibson ‏@TonyOldman10 · Mar 16
Proud of @DanicaPatrick & @GoDaddy crew tonight. P18 with only 4th gear for 100 laps. Had a fast car and a good points day. #10"

Danicas Fontana Advance--mentions all past races, results, issues & points now, course those who follow SHR home page etc know this for all drivers. She has her Vegas car for Fontana so that's good news as that car was fast, but now to get it tweaked for the rough Fontana?

http://www.stewarthaasracing.com/media/ ... ticle=1428
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:37 am

wolfgang wrote:So let me get this straight, Danica is running off of the input shaft "4th gear" of the transmission coming into the pits because it was the only gear she had left, then she runs into Clint Bowyers car leaving the pits during that same pit stop? Granted the pit area was wet, but I still find it hard to believe she took off in fourth gear w/o damaging anything else in the trans. or drive-line even if she did. :? Could someone please explain this to me, because it sure looks like she blew the trans. coming out of the pits. :shock:

wolf, makes sense,
i can not wait to get slammed for agreeing with ya... and im just agreeing with the whole 4th gear statement regardless who the driver is.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

futura64

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:46 am

michaeljohn wrote:wolf, makes sense,

No he doesn't. I'm just saying his statement is inaccurate. I absolutely know it can be done. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
BudmaninTx
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:51 am

I guess for me, it's not totally out of the question. I had lost first gear in an old car and could pretty easily get going in second. That was with less than 200HP. It just seems that with, what? 800+HP, it could be done...but I bet that clutch was smelling pretty bad. ;)
I just don't see a need for the 10 team to lie about it.
<<

14Smokem

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:56 am

michaeljohn wrote:
wolfgang wrote:So let me get this straight, Danica is running off of the input shaft "4th gear" of the transmission coming into the pits because it was the only gear she had left, then she runs into Clint Bowyers car leaving the pits during that same pit stop? Granted the pit area was wet, but I still find it hard to believe she took off in fourth gear w/o damaging anything else in the trans. or drive-line even if she did. :? Could someone please explain this to me, because it sure looks like she blew the trans. coming out of the pits. :shock:

wolf, makes sense,
i can not wait to get slammed for agreeing with ya... and im just agreeing with the whole 4th gear statement regardless who the driver is.

Having read this thread through a cupla times.... and having thought about
the pit road incident I had a thought or two.

Several in here are current or past racers. So, the open question is this.........

Have you ever experienced a time when you got the rear lit up to the point
that you felt NO forward progress...????? Of course....

Do you remember what happened when you finally got traction...????
YUP............ It LAUNCHED...!!!

Imagine if you will..... That happened from a standing start.
You are wondering why the he11 the engine is racing,
the Tach is flashing red, the rev limiter is going off...!!!!

AND.... suddenly you get traction..... >>>>> Whoops...!!!! :D :D

I'm guessin it could have happened to any of us, no matter how experienced.

oh.... and yes, I know it was 4th gear, but 900 hp... cold tires.. potential slippery start
from lugnuts under tire,,, and ouilah... immediate super tire spin

1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
PreviousNext

Return to Danica