michaeljohn

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:41 pm

not bad

18th one lap down.....
<<

hboyle

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Re: not bad

And with a transmission problem towards the end with only 4th gear. I bet it took a lot of effort just trying to maintain 18th. She should be proud of her results this week. :)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:08 am

well that is impressive to have a run like that, but if you tell people i said that, then i would just have to deny it. ;)
<<

jdpirate

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:50 am

decent run for Danica considering the problems...
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

racer1

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:57 am

Pretty good considering how her Bristol weekend started wrecking in practice then a backup car that wasnt fast etc, then in the race the incident with Whitt etc, 18th is good as didnt know about the transmission issue either. 8-)

I misssed the start and then with the long weather delay didnt know the race was on F1 untill only an hr left but good to see her get 18th at least as now shes almost back where she was last yr in points at 28th, so shes made a good comeback of sorts. :)

Niow if this team can just get her car better when it unloads would be nice as Fontana isnt one of her best tracks either? :roll:
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Excellent Run Danica She should be proud
<<

14Smokem

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:44 pm

WOW.............

Cool thread....

I thought she had a great day..... Additionally I thought she
had her best racing performance of her Cup career........
WHEN.... she was fighting to keep from going a lap down....
She fought like he11....

I know that irritated some viewers.... but as I posted elsewhere,
if I were her owner and she did NOT fight hard.... I woulda been PITHED...!!!

SHR had a good day overall.... EVERY driver performed to a high level.
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:10 pm

The only hiccup I saw was when she was leaving her pits and smoked the tires, sliding into a parked Bowyer. Not sure if it cost her a position or not though.
<<

Midniteflyer

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:45 pm

People should read the final race report before judging Danica. It explains the pit issue. GO 10!!!!!

http://www.danicaracing.com/newsdesk-press&nid=253
Not how fast you get from Point "A" to Point "B" it is how much fun you have getting there
<<

racer1

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:16 pm

"People should read the final race report before judging Danica. It explains the pit issue. GO 10!!!!!"

Thanks for that as usual its one of the lead stories as always at Nascar.com & other media always looking for something negative regarding HER but NEVER other drivers. No one cares about how or why just that it happenned and she caused it. Iam surpirsed she isnt getting blamed for Whitt running into her as well? This only proves it still is as it always has been a womanising sexist pig series and it wont ever change apparently. :roll:

How many other drivers hit others on pit road all the time every race, that is briefly mentioned but then dropped as it "just happens"?

The fact she did that well with only 4th gear is a story in itself to be told but its "good" so they probably wont? Course the other side to this is it puts her in the spotlight again but it should be for the decent finish, considering the transmission issue, but the negative gets them more hits apparently--just sad? :roll:

i dont know how she puts up with this crap as i wouldnt, but she has that great temperment to ignore the haters and nasty media that should be bottled and sold as its rare--but for how long? :roll:
Last edited by racer1 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:20 pm

I LIKE DANICA! I just said it was the only hiccup on an otherwise great performance. Especially when you consider the lack of a transmission.

Can I borrow that face-palm emoticon Schmoopy? :roll:
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:43 pm

Ricky Stenhouse second! :P
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:15 pm

Jellikit wrote:I LIKE DANICA! I just said it was the only hiccup on an otherwise great performance. Especially when you consider the lack of a transmission.

Can I borrow that face-palm emoticon Schmoopy? :roll:

there you go.
He goes after Hboyles post, & she is a big Danica fan, now goes after Jelli who is a Danica fan, this just gets funnier. I think you should call all Danica fans sexist pigs. That will teach em' Image
BTW Racer hitting a car leaving pitroad, or coming into the pits happens plenty. Hitting a parked car in its own pits, when leaving is pretty dam rare.
to answer your question Jelli. It didn't cost her any positions. She was already the last car one lap down. She was safe from losing any others.
ImageImageImage
<<

futura64

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:02 pm

Not many drivers get any practice leaving a pit with the car in 4th gear.
She knew she would have to over-rev it to keep from killing it when she dumped the clutch. Looked like she put a few too many revs in it, broke it loose and had to chase it ............. right in to the 15.
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:54 pm

First off Schmoopy Iam not "going after" anyones comments, its simply my take on what was said and if you or anyone consider that a negative comment then youre obviously the ones with a problem where Iam not allowed my opinion on whats posted--period. Iam not joining this "Cult" like atmosphere here where everyone agrees with everyone else, never quesitoning them, so get used to it? :roll:

I have NO issue with the people posting she ran into Bowyer as i may have mentioned it, but I wasnt going to post that without knowing FIRST, what happened? The fact others here DID post the transmission issue clearly is relevant to why it happened, course for some NO reason is good enough if it involves Danica, now is it?? Course now its all over the media including Danicas site & social media etc where she explained it and says she apologized to Bowyer and his crew so its done except those who keep re hashing it that is?. :roll:

If Kurt, Kevin or Tony would have done this it would be a none story HERE or anywhere, other then a "just happens" quick mention. Heaven forbid anyone post anytjhing negative about the male drivers here or anywhere---same o same o crap. :roll:
Next

Return to Danica