Re: Congrats Danica!

good going Danica!
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

racer1

Post Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Yeh--who wouldve thought she would pace SHR? Good race, started off slow again as usual but picked it up but wouldve like to see her get her lap back and then see her results--but 21st is good as no major issues she cant afford now with points resetting for Bristol? BTW--loved the fact she beat both those "petty" Petty drivers as Amirola was bumping her early--take that Petty. She beat Ricky also--hes buying dinner. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Feel bad for Harvick who might have won this race, and not sure what Kurts problems were, as when Fox showed Danica passing Kurt easy I thought Ok--somethings wrong with Kurt? Feel bad for Tony S having issues the entire race losing laps etc as they showed Zippy at his pit box trying to help they said? Would like to be a fly on the wall tomorrow at SHR for the recap etc and tempers flying maybe? :roll:
<<

Keener29

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:12 am

She was getting better and better through the race. It's exciting to watch her continue to grow as a driver. I think DW hit it on the head durning the broadcast about her needing someone to take her under their wing and guide her. Not saying Tony hadn't been doing that before or any of the other drivers she's worked with up to this point. But having Kevin and Kurt around to pass on information to her can't hurt.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:49 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:top finishing SHR driver today!

SERIOUSLY :?:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:07 pm

wolfgang wrote:

:mrgreen: Atleast Harvick had an excuse :mrgreen:
(if that makes you feel better)
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:08 pm

Keener29 wrote:She was getting better and better through the race. It's exciting to watch her continue to grow as a driver. I think DW hit it on the head durning the broadcast about her needing someone to take her under their wing and guide her. Not saying Tony hadn't been doing that before or any of the other drivers she's worked with up to this point. But having Kevin and Kurt around to pass on information to her can't hurt.

She might have listened to Harvick, but she obviously wasn't listening to Busch, as she blew by him!
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:05 pm

"She might have listened to Harvick, but she obviously wasn't listening to Busch, as she blew by him!"

Yeh--when I saw that first thing I thought was "whats wrong with Kurt",
but apparently TG finally got her car right as they often do later in the the race but when shes already a lap or so down? TG needs to get that car better at the START of the race somehow for her to EVER have a chance at a better finish. :roll:

However lots of cars had problems at Vegas as we saw keeping up with the track as it was reportedly hot and slippery so a decent finish for her considering, as she needed that for sure. Hopefully it continues as she is in a deep hole points wise at 35th in owners points, not great for a provisional if she needs it? Bristol is tough and has 46 entries and some of those low funded drivers can drive on this short track where speed isnt needed as much as just a good short track driver & good setup?

Last yrs Bristol race at this time she started 41st and finished 28th, although the later Bristol race she started 22nd and finished 26th so who knows this yr? BTW--she was lousy qualifying at Fontana (after Bristol) last yr also started 40th--somewhat concerned--get it right TG? :roll:

Danica 2013 Stats: http://racing-reference.info/drivdet/patrida01/2013/W
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:31 pm

its too bad finishing 21st and the mid 30's wont even get her close to the chase, just doesnt have the skill or talent...

thats payback for dogging ryan
I miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Who's Doggin' Ryan? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ryan will win a race or two and make the chase while a certain few others may not even make it in the top 20 and that's not counting the low funded teams. ;)
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
wolfgang wrote:

:mrgreen: Atleast Harvick had an excuse :mrgreen:
(if that makes you feel better)

OK, forget SERIOUSLY and go with REALLY :?: Harvick broke the part so the rest of SHR wouldn't look so bad, you know that. So who do I sound like? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:24 pm

wolfgang wrote: OK, forget SERIOUSLY and go with REALLY :?: Harvick broke the part so the rest of SHR wouldn't look so bad, you know that. So who do I sound like? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man! That harvick is such a team player! Not wanting to make his teammates look bad. Helluva guy! Image
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:28 pm

racer1 wrote:"She might have listened to Harvick, but she obviously wasn't listening to Busch, as she blew by him!"

Yeh--when I saw that first thing I thought was "whats wrong with Kurt",
but apparently TG finally got her car right as they often do later in the the race but when shes already a lap or so down? TG needs to get that car better at the START of the race somehow for her to EVER have a chance at a better finish. :roll:

However lots of cars had problems at Vegas as we saw keeping up with the track as it was reportedly hot and slippery so a decent finish for her considering, as she needed that for sure. Hopefully it continues as she is in a deep hole points wise at 35th in owners points, not great for a provisional if she needs it? Bristol is tough and has 46 entries and some of those low funded drivers can drive on this short track where speed isnt needed as much as just a good short track driver & good setup?

Last yrs Bristol race at this time she started 41st and finished 28th, although the later Bristol race she started 22nd and finished 26th so who knows this yr? BTW--she was lousy qualifying at Fontana (after Bristol) last yr also started 40th--somewhat concerned--get it right TG? :roll:

Danica 2013 Stats: http://racing-reference.info/drivdet/patrida01/2013/W

I heard in the chat room, from whoever was listening to Danicas radio, that she had to tell TG what changes she wanted. he again wasn't sure what to do. (sound familiar from others around here)
That is pretty bad when a driver still learning has to make CC decisions.
(did I mention I am happy Ryan is rid of that curse)

Hey Maybe Danica can be Kurts CC when she leaves driving! :P
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:34 pm

"I heard in the chat room, from whoever was listening to Danicas radio, that she had to tell TG what changes she wanted. he again wasn't sure what to do. (sound familiar from others around here)
That is pretty bad when a driver still learning has to make CC decisions.
(did I mention I am happy Ryan is rid of that curse)"

Is that true she suggested making certain changes --good to hear. She may be learning from teammates & others shes always questioning for info per reports, so good to see that--if true-- as TG certainly hasnt gotten it done even in yrs past for Ryan as mentioned? :roll:

BTW --I dont see Ryan winning this yr as his team isnt that good--my thoughts anyway? RCR's priority will always be for Dillon and "ray charles" can see that, course miracles happen? :lol:
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
wolfgang wrote: OK, forget SERIOUSLY and go with REALLY :?: Harvick broke the part so the rest of SHR wouldn't look so bad, you know that. So who do I sound like? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man! That harvick is such a team player! Not wanting to make his teammates look bad. Helluva guy! Image

Told you he'd be good for SHR ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Still can't decide who was more pi$$ed at Vegas, Junior for not winning or Kevin for the part failure. :shock: Actually, I thought Junior was gonna cry. :lol:

Return to Danica