FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Grand Marshall is an Idiot

<<

lilbeaver

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:13 pm

The Grand Marshall is an Idiot

The Grand Marshall is an idiot by saying "Gentleman Start Your Engines"...Hello Danica is not a gentleman. Last I knew, she was a woman. Somebody needs to give this guy a reality check.

Watch Out Boys, I'm Coming For You
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Re: The Grand Marshall is an Idiot

Maybe someone else starts Danicas engine for her? :mrgreen:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

racer1

Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:17 am

Well-the biggest idiot are her crew and CC who send her out after repairs from a wreck with a very clear tire rub, which even the announcers pointed out--just plain ignorant from a so called top SHR team--yeh that's a joke? This is the worst crew and CC at SHR or maybe even in the cup series and they dumped them on Danica as the idiots at SHR, Tony S as well clearly couldn't see how bad they were as been pointed out for yrs with Ryan. Danica is now 41st in owner points so only Vegas left to make up some points as after Vegas the points reset to this yrs I just read. Therefore if she doesn't qualify on speed for the top 36 after Vegas if it turns bad, she wont be in races? Course the other side is--if she isn t good enough to make the top 36 on speed then she shouldn't be in races but with this lousy CC and crew the odds are against her for sure? :roll:

The worst part as usual is all the articles saying she wrecked and then cut a tire laps later, not one of them mention the fact her ignorant CC sent her back out after initial repairs with the very apparently tire rub which caused it--says it all doesn't it? :roll:
<<

jdpirate

Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:34 am

Do you ever have anything positive to say?
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

racer1

Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:44 pm

"Do you ever have anything positive to say?'

Apparently you haven't been here long enough or haven't saw all the negative comments regarding Gibson her CC when he was Ryans CC for 4 yrs and only 2 wins and tons of mistakes and bad calls etc. At first I didn't believe all the bad comments about him as I gave Gibson the benefit of the doubt like a wait & see approach for her first Rookie yr last yr and then now hes really showing his ignorant or maybe just senile inability to make the right calls? Gibson himself is doing this, so don't say Iam the one being negative when its TRUE and most people on here who have been here long enough surely know it regarding Gibson? Danica's clearly getting SHR left overs--sadly--end of story. :roll:

Even if they had held her for an extra lap down to fix the tire rub correctly in the first place, it wouldnt be near as bad as where she finished due to the 2nd crash because of the tire rubbing & ultimately was 6 laps down after that she couldnt recover from. That's CC error --nothing else. :roll:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:16 pm

lilbeaver wrote:The Grand Marshall is an idiot by saying "Gentleman Start Your Engines"...Hello Danica is not a gentleman. Last I knew, she was a woman. Somebody needs to give this guy a reality check.

I dont think the person meant any disrespect, he was probably caught up in the moment and excited to give the command
I miss you Frehley........
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:03 pm

I caught the remark too, right away in chat, and was puzzled.

Rather than take the low road... Let me try the high road and say ... perhaps he was just sticking to the traditional saying and decided to not add anything silly, stupid or different. Can be really nerve wracking up there. Or perhaps it was like when I was the only girl in a class of Tae Kwon Do full of guys and the teacher ( Sensei ) said "I'm not going to make any special allowances for your sex - you're one of the guys" ... and I was good with that. It was always "Hey guys" or "Guys! Guys!" - I never took any offense at it. If you're a girl & hang w/the boys... it's gonna happen. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

hboyle

Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:11 pm

racer1 wrote:"Do you ever have anything positive to say?'

Apparently you haven't been here long enough or haven't saw all the negative comments regarding Gibson her CC when he was Ryans CC for 4 yrs and only 2 wins and tons of mistakes and bad calls etc. At first I didn't believe all the bad comments about him as I gave Gibson the benefit of the doubt like a wait & see approach for her first Rookie yr last yr and then now hes really showing his ignorant or maybe just senile inability to make the right calls? Gibson himself is doing this, so don't say Iam the one being negative when its TRUE and most people on here who have been here long enough surely know it regarding Gibson? Danica's clearly getting SHR left overs--sadly--end of story. :roll:

Even if they had held her for an extra lap down to fix the tire rub correctly in the first place, it wouldnt be near as bad as where she finished due to the 2nd crash because of the tire rubbing & ultimately was 6 laps down after that she couldnt recover from. That's CC error --nothing else. :roll:

I was talking about this a little bit in the chat room. I definitely think it was an awful decision on TG's part, but I wouldn't blame the crew entirely because they don't call all the shots. Danica said something was wrong with the car after she set back out, but TG didn't pull her back in like he should have. Yes, the situation could have been avoided. It sucks, but it's already happened so I'm just going to move on and cheer for her next Sunday.

Actually, I won't be able to watch the next two Sundays because I'll be on a medical mission trip so you will all have to update me on the next two races when I get back. I sure hope she has a good run next week. She needs it desperately.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:41 pm

1st of all, HB - find me on FB - Smokie Onefour - Golden Gate pic and friend me ( or anyone, for that matter ) While I'm not connected to EVERYONE on FB, from here, I am connected to a lot and one of the easier names to find. ;-) If you can at least ck FB quickly, I'll send ya updates. :-)

Does Racer ever actually have anything to say? Yes he does, occasionally ... and makes valid points that I agree with, from time to time. Ya just gotta learn to distinguish the chafe from the grain ... and he's OK. He's obviously battled people, ( I'm getting a vision of him from Kill Bill 1 - where she fights the Crazy 88's in a circle ) all the Danica haters, hate, belittling, under estimating Danica that goes on. He may seem mean, but hey... he's at least "passionate" about her and I can respect that. We're not all gonna act and be the same.

p.s. I think he got a pm from Animink ... ya know... those warning ones, cuz his language has changed for the better, lately. Come on Racer... you can tell us... did ya get one? :-) Hee hee hee If ya did .... well, welcome to the club & glad to see you still getting your point across in a nicer way. :-)

And he does make a very valid point ... TGibson is the world's biggest dummy. :-( There, I said it, cuz I believe it. I have said, and will continue to say -

1) He has incriminating photo's or some type of blackmail - that keeps him employed at SHR, based on his performance ...

OR

2) Has become "very close" with Gene Haas ....

That's all I'm saying... and standing by it ;-) He is STILL THERE, due to *something* else than his performance. Can we all agree on at least that part? LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:43 pm

if TG is the worlds biggest dummy then that has a lot to say about the powers to be at SHR including the driver/owner :D
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:46 pm

smokieonefour wrote:1st of all, HB - find me on FB - Smokie Onefour - Golden Gate pic and friend me ( or anyone, for that matter ) While I'm not connected to EVERYONE on FB, from here, I am connected to a lot and one of the easier names to find. ;-) If you can at least ck FB quickly, I'll send ya updates. :-)

Does Racer ever actually have anything to say? Yes he does, occasionally ... and makes valid points that I agree with, from time to time. Ya just gotta learn to distinguish the chafe from the grain ... and he's OK. He's obviously battled people, ( I'm getting a vision of him from Kill Bill 1 - where she fights the Crazy 88's in a circle ) all the Danica haters, hate, belittling, under estimating Danica that goes on. He may seem mean, but hey... he's at least "passionate" about her and I can respect that. We're not all gonna act and be the same.

p.s. I think he got a pm from Animink ... ya know... those warning ones, cuz his language has changed for the better, lately. Come on Racer... you can tell us... did ya get one? :-) Hee hee hee If ya did .... well, welcome to the club & glad to see you still getting your point across in a nicer way. :-)

And he does make a very valid point ... TGibson is the world's biggest dummy. :-( There, I said it, cuz I believe it. I have said, and will continue to say -

1) He has incriminating photo's or some type of blackmail - that keeps him employed at SHR, based on his performance ...

OR

2) Has become "very close" with Gene Haas ....

That's all I'm saying... and standing by it ;-) He is STILL THERE, due to *something* else than his performance. Can we all agree on at least that part? LOL

You can look for me on FB too, I'm one of smokieonefour's friends. It may be easier to find me that way and send me a friend request than actually try and find me. For some reason even my family can't find me. I'm Kimberly Lynn Tichnell.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:02 pm

TG is the worst CC in cup. (now that shiplett is gone)
See Racer given enough time you will believe everything I say! :mrgreen:
(I did try to warn you about him)

with all that said. I have no idea What TG has to do with the grand marshall though.
ImageImageImage
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:22 am

schmoopy, thanks for saying that because I had just viewed this thread for the first time in a few days and noticed how far off course it had gotten...what on earth has Tony Gibson got to do with the Grand Marshall saying Gentlemen Start Your Engines when there was a lady in the crowd of drivers out there. That was the point my daughter was trying to make.

What all this garbage with Tony Gibson and pit stops have to do with that...I have no idea, maybe somebody could draw me a parallel course of action of what one has to do with the other.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:58 am

just go back to where it started then you have your answer...
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:24 am

oh I understand where it started...I am just hoping we can get this back on track and back on subject.

My daughter was asking me how to do that without upsetting people and I said ... you can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all of the people all of the time ... that said sometimes you just have to be straight forward with them, but polite about it at the same time. Can you believe I just said that. :shock:
Next

Return to Danica