FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica Talks at Google

<<

hboyle

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Danica Talks at Google

Here's a video I just ran across. I'm still watching it but figured I would post it. The beginning is really funny so it looks like a good video.

<<

14Smokem

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: Danica Talks at Google

HBoyle.....

Thanks so much for posting this link. It is a very long video,
but for this is a great video for ANY fan, no matter who your
favorite driver is.

To the meat of it all for me. She is extremely human, she is very real,
and dedicated to her trade. She got very real when talking about what
it takes to simply get around the track one lap at a time. Additionally,
she was open about her racing history, and the development of her
branding, her career, her marketing, and her racing.

I have observed her career from a distance, and find this video
to be a pretty defining and revealing insight into this driver.

Be aware this is a presentation at a Google function, and her host
is a non-racing enthusiast. Overall it is simply an excellent interview.

Give yourself permission to just sit and enjoy this.

1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

racer1

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:33 pm

I saw that earlier and yes it has some things I didn't even know really about her as that interview covers almost everything about her career etc. Its too bad some don't see it or don't want to because of their biased neg attitude towards her to see anything good & positive--as stated. 8-)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:59 pm

racer1 wrote:I saw that earlier and yes it has some things I didn't even know really about her as that interview covers almost everything about her career etc. Its too bad some don't see it or don't want to because of their biased neg attitude towards her to see anything good & positive--as stated. 8-)

ImageImageImage
<<

hboyle

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:24 am

14Smokem wrote:HBoyle.....

Thanks so much for posting this link. It is a very long video,
but for this is a great video for ANY fan, no matter who your
favorite driver is.

To the meat of it all for me. She is extremely human, she is very real,
and dedicated to her trade. She got very real when talking about what
it takes to simply get around the track one lap at a time. Additionally,
she was open about her racing history, and the development of her
branding, her career, her marketing, and her racing.

I have observed her career from a distance, and find this video
to be a pretty defining and revealing insight into this driver.

Be aware this is a presentation at a Google function, and her host
is a non-racing enthusiast. Overall it is simply an excellent interview.

Give yourself permission to just sit and enjoy this.

Thanks for posting this 14Smokem. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. I didn't get a chance to post about the video itself because I watched it and had to go to work shortly afterwards.

To those who haven't watched the video yet, it is a long video, but it is definitely worth your time whether you are a Danica fan or not. It truly gives perspective into Danica as a driver, and she's very genuine and real. That's one thing I really enjoy about Danica - she just wants to be herself, and it's great that her sponsors let her do that.

This particular video is interesting because the interviewer has little background in NASCAR, and she is able to bring topics such as Danica's upbringing and how she's picked her sponsors and really made a brand for herself to light.The beginning of the video is quite funny - it has a lot of jokes in it so even if you watch that, it's refreshing. I definitely recommend watching the video. :)

If I get a chance (which I'm not sure I will), I might rewatch the video and pull some quotes out for you all, but that would probably take a lot of time so I probably won't. There are a lot of good quotes and a lot of good advice for any person no matter what they do in life.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:00 am

HB, my heart goes out to you, it really does, you post some great stuff, but not many want to respond no more because of possibly bein picked apart by someone. i watched it when you first posted, but i thought "let it be." it was a good video, so if you dont see many comments dont get discourage, we appreciate the effort you take to keep her thread going.
<<

hboyle

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:19 pm

michaeljohn wrote:HB, my heart goes out to you, it really does, you post some great stuff, but not many want to respond no more because of possibly bein picked apart by someone. i watched it when you first posted, but i thought "let it be." it was a good video, so if you dont see many comments dont get discourage, we appreciate the effort you take to keep her thread going.

Thanks MJ. :)
<<

racer1

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:03 pm

Danica will be doing a Google--Hangout @ PeakaskDanica tomorrow from 1:30 to 2:00pm --for those interested? 8-)

Created by peakcarcare
Tomorrow, Mar 5, 1:30 PM - 2:00 PM

Hangouts On Air

"Always wondered what it takes to become a professional stock car driver? Tune in to our Google+ Hangout with @100864549047608651159, a coach and judge of the PEAK Stock Car Dream Challenge, on Wednesday, March 5th at 12:30 PM PST to hear how she made it big in the sport. RSVP and ask her questions using #PEAKaskDanica ."

https://plus.google.com/events/cqc015kk ... KunwumfwAE
<<

jessejames86j

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:39 pm

[quote="racer1"] jessejames's great grandmother was born 10-14-28 & her soft gears are running. win in doubt you need to drive your athletic team to persistance, determination & let the aggressiness show the stability of your driver!

Return to Danica