FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica in the Daytona 500

<<

hboyle

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Danica in the Daytona 500

I thought this was a really cute video and wish I had seen it before the Daytona 500 because obviously, I know the result now, but it's still adorable.

Dale Jr.'s niece interviews Danica about the Daytona prior to the race...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RHftB-01qM
<<

futura64

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:40 pm

I think she lost her steering on the first hit. The in-car showed her cranking on the wheel trying to regain control, but in the shot from the in-field her left front wheel remained straight all the way to the wall.
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:11 pm

That was a good interview by Karsyn as Danica is her role model as Jr said yrs ago, how Danica goes-- so goes Karsyn? Her interview asking the questions how Danica handles all the negativity shows she is aware of it? guess we'll see in time as she is only 13 so a couple more yrs although she is racing now also, but she may find it harder to win given the higher class she is in now? Her mom Kelly once said Karsyn had a terrible temper and hated losing but she has tempered that attitude more or less.? :roll:

Yeh actually I recorded the race & re watched the wreck several times trying to figure out why not just lock the brakes or turn left a little after the hit? However the replays shows the hit and the car sudedenly veering towards the wall for no apparently reason, while as stated the tires remained straight despite the in car camera showed her working the wheel?

The bad thing is 40th place and going to Phoenix which is one of her worst tracks and the new qualifying format doesn't look good for her as if there are lots of entries she could miss the race if she has problems qualifying on speed which she usually does here? She is clearly starting in a deep hole for points this yr & she isn't good enough to make up points like other drivers getting top 10's etc like Tony, also starting in a hole now for points this yr. Terrible start for this yr. :roll:
<<

Midniteflyer

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:57 pm

SHR just needs to regroup and move on to next week. It was a bad week from the get go for everyone but Kevin. Danica fan keep the faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not how fast you get from Point "A" to Point "B" it is how much fun you have getting there
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:39 pm

That was such a hard hit.....I hope she is okay!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:06 pm

NASCAR gave her 'two laps led" . . . and all yall can think about is the hit? LOL

Yes, it was a hard hit and I also hope she's feeling OK ... but gots to give her props for 2 laps led...

May sound PETTY ... but I like it. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

loominator20

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:08 am

Yes, Danica was doing good in the 500.
She was Fast aggressive, running with the guys, Until the crash. That was a hard hit. She found the cement wall. What luck uh?All I got to say is, Danica is ONE TOUGH WOMEN.
Previous

Return to Danica