All things Danica
Post a reply

Danica in the Daytona 500

Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:21 pm

I hope that today she can go out and win this just to shut up those lousy stinkin' Pettys as their drivers are not much better.

At least Danica is one of the top 10 paid drivers in Nascar, none of their's will ever reach that in a given year.

Re: Danica in the Daytona 500

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:49 am

nope, bad luck for her.....just got caught up in someone else's mess.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:51 am

that was a brutal hit, dont like to see anyone go through that

Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 am

She l@@ked dazed even after the care center visit. I saw her talking to Krista Voda and it looked like she was lost. H3LLUVA hit and no safer barrier on that wall according to the b@@bs in the booth.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:01 am

and here I thought all those walls that were constructed like that were all safer barriers...guess not, the area she hit was a concrete area of the outside wall. Just does not seem right. I know these tracks are supposed to be safer, but when they are traveling at these speeds and hit these walls then they should have them set up as safer barriers, not make them look like it.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:02 am

i find it funny that after all these years tracks dont have safer walls all the way around the track

Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:06 am

there are more than a few that do not have safer barriers all the way around. I am sure we could start a list of which ones do and which ones don't

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:08 am

not all tracks do, but why in the #### would superspeedways not have them all the way around? Don't know if the hit took her brakes away but she never slowed down hitting that wall. she is probably gonna feel it in the morning.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:11 am

I do believe Iowa Speedway is the only track that has safer barrier all the way around the outside wall. I might be wrong some tracks may have added some in the off season. It is the only track to be built without concrete walls on the outside of the safer barrier.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:15 am

Hope Danica is feeling ok, that was one hard hit last night, I felt it in Texas ow.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:59 am

That was a heck of hit. Looking at her sitting in the car after the wreck she did look a little shook up. Hope she's ok today.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:38 pm

I thought after I replayed her hit .....I thought it looked like her throttle was stuck open......NASCAR needs to make a rule.... safer barriers everywhere around the track and if you don't comply no racing there until it's done!! They lost one great driver .....don't let that happen again! :x :P

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Hope Danica is doing well today after that hard hit. Looked like she either lost her brakes or the throttle hung...tough to avoid the wall with either of those things happening.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:53 pm

Couldn't be worse for her as while she says she loves Daytona, other then the Pole and result last yr, facts are Daytona has been terrible for her as shes been crashed out of most of them. Not to mention Tony has no luck in these races either. :roll:

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:57 pm

jdpirate wrote:Hope Danica is doing well today after that hard hit. Looked like she either lost her brakes or the throttle hung...tough to avoid the wall with either of those things happening.

I didn't see her burning the tires, but she could have been trying to stay on the throttle to swing the back end around to avoid nosing into the wall. You really don't want to let the car just continue on it's path when you're heading into a wall. Putting on the brakes at that angle just assures that you won't turn away. She was cranking hard left, so my guess is she was trying to push that rear end to the right.
Massive hit...one tough lady.
Post a reply