FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Turner/Scott 1-2-3 for Sat NNs race

<<

racer1

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Turner/Scott 1-2-3 for Sat NNs race

Turner Scott drivers 1-2-3 to start for Tomorrows NNS race due to rain shortened quals. Danica was chosen to lead this group around for the first of its kind of knock out qualifying and since she was chosen to lead and Larson 2nd, of course its the last driver in a group that usually posts the fastest speed and that was young Dylan. He must feel good and nervous at the same time for being on the Pole so cant wait. I wonder if Danica behind him or Kyle Larson beside him will fight him to lead the first lap etc & btw--Sadler & Kyle Busch right there so could be a wild start? 8-)
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/ ... ckout.html

Better article explaining etc:
http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-N ... fying.aspx
Excerp:
"Patrick led Larson and Kwasniewski in a pack during qualifying. It was Patrick’s job to navigate traffic and her teammates to follow. “I was coming up to a sea of cars on the backstraightaway and I’m like ‘I have no idea how we’re going to get through this,’ but she picked her way perfectly and got us in the right position and got all three of us a great lap,’’ Kwasniewski said of Patrick.

How did Patrick guide the group? “It was a matter of my spotter saying, “Let me know where you’re going to go, so I can tell them,’ “ Patrick said. “I’m like, I’m going to go ... I have no idea. How about the middle? Luckily the cars kind of parted in front of me and we went through the middle.’’
Kwasniewski, running last in the group, was fastest at 192.078 mph. Larson, running in the middle, was next at 192.074 mph followed by Patrick at 192.033 mph."

BTW--2 drivers penalized for pushing--guess they didn't think the new rules were serious? :roll:
Last edited by racer1 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
<<

Keener29

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: Turner/Scott 1-2-3 for Sat NNs race

That's cool. Looking forward to the race tomorrow. No idea how to say young Dylan's name though, but good on him.
<<

14Smokem

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:30 pm

I read the article... good read....

I forgot about Katherine Legge. She is a helluva shoe.
Her timing was kinda screwed cuz the Champ Car series
folded as she was starting to spread her wings.... She is
a Brit, and was very talented. I just checked back in on her.
She ran the 24 hours Daytona 2014 with a podium finish.

Somewhere in my stash of photos, I have a picture of us,
taken by Jimmy Vassar.

Would love to see her make the grade.

Regards
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

racer1

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:20 pm

Legge has been around for yrs trying to get a ride but has done little in the top series like Indycar so she lost her ride there, although I felt bad for her but her lack of results were the reason per numerous articles. Also--legge did nothing in this yrs 24 hrs at Daytona (1st link). It was last yr where she and her teammate got the podium finish although laughable as the car had been knocked out when she was driving do to gear box failure at lap 209 so how does that get a poduium, course there were only 2 Delta Wings in the field at their class so maybe just a "gimme" as the results link just shows DNF so?-----link to articles below.

http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/katheri ... e-results/

http://www.katherinelegge.com/2013/10/1 ... he-podium/

Excerp:
"Legge went back into the car for the late afternoon stint, ticking off the laps and keeping the DeltaWing coupe rolling. The car had completed 209 laps when a gearbox failure ended the day. But both drivers were happy with the performance of the car and proud of the entire team effort--"

BTW--14Smokem your obviously a fan of Legge so iam not trying to be nasty but since you wanna hi-jack my topic with a unrelated driver, you need to get your facts straight, as Iam familiar with legge and her struggles like with other females but I have nothing against her. 8-)

BTW--Since we are off topic now somewhat I saw a young gal in a K&N race the other day and she was very competitive, running 3rd, got spun, and made it back to finish 6th. Shes Kenzie Ruston so watching out for her. :)
Last edited by racer1 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
<<

14Smokem

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:22 pm

:-)
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Racer you bash any woman driver (not named Danica) someone talks good about on here. Don't make it sound like an accident you sexist pig :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Good grief Schmoopy1000 apparently you cant read or understand the links I provided either i guess showing her stats & those results this yr & last yr with the so called podium with a DNF as the links show their team was knocked out due to mech problems or didn't you see that?? Apparently they get a podium for a DNF as either there wasn't anyone left running or not that many in their class to start with as happens with these series as ive watched many of them, so bragg about a podium finish when infact they didn't finish--OK :lol:

I always provide links etc as facts to back up what I say so if you & others cant read them don't blame me for so called trashing other females as per my posts I never intentionally do that other then some here call it trashing when I point out they've done little to nothing in their career.

As most others say about Legge & other females IF they were as good as some think always defending them, they would've gotten a chance in a top series which legge DID in Indycar. However she proved little so she lost that ride unfortunately, so now she gets DNF's in a lemans & other series and you bragg about her--good grief ? :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:43 pm

racer1 wrote:Good grief Schmoopy1000 apparently you cant read or understand the links I provided either i guess showing her stats & those results this yr & last yr with the so called podium with a DNF as the links show their team was knocked out due to mech problems or didn't you see that?? Apparently they get a podium for a DNF as either there wasn't anyone left running or not that many in their class to start with as happens with these series as ive watched many of them, so bragg about a podium finish when infact they didn't finish--OK :lol:

I always provide links etc as facts to back up what I say so if you & others cant read them don't blame me for so called trashing other females as per my posts I never intentionally do that other then some here call it trashing when I point out they've done little to nothing in their career.

As most others say about Legge & other females IF they were as good as some think always defending them, they would've gotten a chance in a top series which legge DID in Indycar. However she proved little so she lost that ride unfortunately, so now she gets DNF's in a lemans & other series and you bragg about her--good grief ? :roll:

I have no idea what you are talking about seriously. I wasnt bragging on Legge another poster was. I just commented on you bashing every female driver anyone talks about. BTW most of these women that earn they way into whatever series. Get on a very small team. You are going to be as good as the team your on. Once you get off Dirt, you cant beat money. A major reason why they dont succeed. Also another reason teams fold. They werent strong to begin with. If Danica raced on any of these small teams she would have much worse finishes than she has now. Talking about Podium finishes have no clue where that came from. I know very little about Legge. Saw a thing on her during the Indy month last year. Wasnt aware of her ever having a podium finish. But thanks for making me smile. Everytime you say good grief I think of you being Charlie Brown :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

jdpirate

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:12 pm

OK...I am going to say it...Good Grief! (No, I AM NOT Charlie Brown :lol: You two are worse than kindergartners with you back and forth I do, you don't and on and on. :roll: Do you two know each other from outside the garage and this is some joking banter that you always do? Well, I hope so because otherwise it is ridiculous.
Sorry, my opinion... I come in here to read everyone's post which are usually interesting, but I dislike the bashing of ANY driver. It is not necessary... as any of the drivers must have some talent as they are doing what they're doing and not sitting at a computer bad mouthing others...
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:15 pm

jdpirate wrote:OK...I am going to say it...Good Grief! (No, I AM NOT Charlie Brown :lol: You two are worse than kindergartners with you back and forth I do, you don't and on and on. :roll: Do you two know each other from outside the garage and this is some joking banter that you always do? Well, I hope so because otherwise it is ridiculous.
Sorry, my opinion... I come in here to read everyone's post which are usually interesting, but I dislike the bashing of ANY driver. It is not necessary... as any of the drivers must have some talent as they are doing what they're doing and not sitting at a computer bad mouthing others...

LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Proving these posters wrong who bragg about other females who have done little to nothing in their career for whatever reason isn't bashing when I provide links etc to prove my points. Apparently they aren't smart enough to read or understand them though, but that's common with posters here all the time. I didn't bring Legge up in a thread where she didn't even belong bragging on her as 14smokem did, as I only provided the links showing her lackluster career --end of story. :roll:

You posters want to bring up other female drivers& bragging on them then provide the links proving how great they are or not or as proven I will--end of story. :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:36 pm

racer1 wrote:Proving these posters wrong who bragg about other females who have done little to nothing in their career for whatever reason isn't bashing when I provide links etc to prove my points. Apparently they aren't smart enough to read or understand them though, but that's common with posters here all the time. I didn't bring Legge up in a thread where she didn't even belong bragging on her as 14smokem did, as I only provided the links showing her lackluster career --end of story. :roll:

You posters want to bring up other female drivers& bragging on them then provide the links proving how great they are or not or as proven I will--end of story. :roll:

what in 14smokem's post made you feel the need to go bashing on Legge? I don't remember him saying she was the greatest. He was happy she ran in the 24 hour of Daytona. he shared a story of him having pic taken with her by Jimmy Vasser no less. You felt the need to $h!t on him for it.

People come on here talking of photos with drivers all the time. the common response is how cool that is. But don't you dare on your watch!!!
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:37 pm

who was the genius here who said Jr Motorsports had no talent and regan smith had no talent? just keeps racking up the wins....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

racer1

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:59 am

Good win for Smith but a win in a PLATE race doesnt make JR motorsports great as look how other drivers with low funded teams like Ragan who lucked out & won at Dega last yr? Everyone knows winning at a plate tracks aren't a factor of a good , great or bad team--just LUCK moreso. Look at JRs team history through the yrs in NNs winning the NNs championship and that proves they aren't a top team except for those in love with JR & the Earnhardt name where they do no wrong--yeh right :lol: Last yr Smith and JRs team was over hyped to win it all but couldn't get it done and this yr it'll be either Penske, Roush, or RCR the ones challenging for winning it all again more then likely--watch and see :roll:

Reviews of this race by many on other sites etc show a negative take on this boring parade NNs race where most in line couldnt do anything since Nascar changed the rules to no pushing but missed several doing so anyway including the finish. Even JR himself couldn't do much due to the boring nature of this race and the new rules as he said in an interview afterwards sounding frustrated--says it all.

Danicas take on it says it all also:
http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentar ... 3/just-fun
Last edited by racer1 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

jdpirate

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:09 pm

I was happy Regan won the race :) He grew up in a very small town near where I live, so I root for him as well as many other drivers...
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
Next

Return to Danica