FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

<<

racer1

Posts: 1127

8000

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 am

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

Love this guys comments and facts. The words "Global Stage" that Danica brings to nascar and has achieved things that Petty never could says it all. Petty is losing this battle as hes taking on a more powerfull & popular female then he ever imagined as him & others are jealous as they cant bring in fans or help ratings like she can. :lol:


http://trips2florida.com/danica-patrick ... -her-dust/
Last edited by racer1 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

smokieonefour

User avatar

Posts: 1785

Images: 3
8155

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Location: Shingle Springs, CA

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

Hmmm.....

I'm a Danica fan and defender ( LOL ) but I think dude has a hyper crush on Danica or something.

he's doing what the History Channel, Discovery channel do ... mention something and then try & pretend it's fact. Dude was way off on some of his "facts" IE: J.Johnson & Danica.

Article practically had drool & some other sticky substance on it....
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

racer1

Posts: 1127

8000

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 am

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

Yeh it was a little "crushy" but still some valid points regarding the jealousy I believe that is behind all this trashing of her by some, including Petty on the agenda to make her look bad. Course he has factually proven to be a sexist womanizer through out history telling woman drivers like J Guthrie they don't belong on the race track so nothing new here except now hes doing it again with Danica. He's just gaining some attention he probably craves due to his jealousy of her.

C'mon--bottom line here--do many in this born & bred Redneck Nascar series really want or like a female driver more popular in Mainstream and even worlwide fans, then their winning drivers & that can raise ratings & help attendance like None of the others --H-E-l-l NO? :lol:
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8830

Images: 0
9357

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

beleive it or not, nascar was a global stage before your precious danica came along, and it will still roll along without her. people like jj ( only driver to win athlete of the year 2010 0 are what keeps the machine and then you add in tony stewart and jeff gordon and jr, nascar will still be big, heck danica doesnt even have a full sponsor any more they have slowly dropped back on races per year..
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

smokieonefour

User avatar

Posts: 1785

Images: 3
8155

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Location: Shingle Springs, CA

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:09 pm

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

Yes Racer1, the author did raise some very good points ... forgot to add that .

MJ - the amount of races Danica races and on which tracks, belongs to Tony & Go-Daddy alone - make no mistake. Tony has said so many times. She has little to say, except "Yes" or "No."

NASCAR was BUILT in redneck territory ... but has gone "global" for many different reasons, most notably - sponsors & violent crashes. Drivers, owners, teams have come & gone .. who have grabbed the world's attention, but it's the sponsors that have the 2nd level of control, under the almighty France's. :-)

Just my humble op :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4445

8195

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:02 pm

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

Petty says he stands behind his words. Says no one would have made a big deal about his comments if her name was Danny. the article is on Jayski.

Do I think Petty's words were harsh - yes
Do I thinkcould have answered the question no nicer - sure
Does he have a problem with all the attention she gets for being a sub par driver - good chance

however. If people were to be honest about the whole thing. he never said anything that isnt pretty accurate. She will never win a stock car race on driving skill. (yes rain delays & plate racing luck is possible)
Would she get this attention as a male driver? (see brad comments on the subject)
Now I dont agree with brad but I do think she would be on the hot seat this season.

Face it everyone wants her to succeed so her learning curve given to her is much different than any other racer's (no not you racer :mrgreen: )

if you look at it with out bias Petty makes some good points. (since people on here are looking at good points)
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3131

Images: 3
8165

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

Good grief, not this subject still ? :lol:
<<

Keener29

User avatar

Posts: 155

8000

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:40 am

Location: Nebraska

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:45 am

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

Schmoopy1000 wrote:however. If people were to be honest about the whole thing. he never said anything that isnt pretty accurate. She will never win a stock car race on driving skill. (yes rain delays & plate racing luck is possible)


I think she could pick up some wins other than by acts of nature or plate racing.

Last year at the Spring race in Martinsville she finished 12th. Ahead of Harvick, Kenseth, Edwards, Stewart, Jr. and a few other drivers that ran all the laps.

She finished 13th at Michigan. Ahead of Stenhouse, Newman, Allmendiner, Johnson, Hamlin, and some others that either ran all the laps, or just one short. Now this one is usually fuel mileage I know.

Then a 17th again in Martinsville for the Fall race. She was one lap down, but the first car a lap down. Ahead of Kurt Busch, and some other guys.

Just looking at numbers she has a shot at winning at a couple of these tracks pretty soon.

Also with the new qualifying procedures, her start position will probably improve over the course of this year. Which if you look at the stats she finishes close to where to she started most of the time. Either a few spots up or a few spots back.
Image
<<

smokieonefour

User avatar

Posts: 1785

Images: 3
8155

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Location: Shingle Springs, CA

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

Setting my psychic ( or is that psycho? ) crystal ball away ... don't need Tarot cards to make this prediction ....

Danica's 1st win will be picked apart more than a Thanksgiving Turkey w/unemployed relatives attending.
She will NOT have won on talent by any means ... and some jack-off(s) will find a way to bring her win ... down.

Yeah ... that's gonna happen. :-(
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Keener29

User avatar

Posts: 155

8000

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:40 am

Location: Nebraska

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:14 am

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

smokieonefour wrote:Setting my psychic ( or is that psycho? ) crystal ball away ... don't need Tarot cards to make this prediction ....

Danica's 1st win will be picked apart more than a Thanksgiving Turkey w/unemployed relatives attending.
She will NOT have won on talent by any means ... and some jack-off(s) will find a way to bring her win ... down.

Yeah ... that's gonna happen. :-(


True Story.
Image
<<

jwheels14

Posts: 104

9140

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Location: Randall Iowa

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:32 am

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

smokieonefour wrote:Setting my psychic ( or is that psycho? ) crystal ball away ... don't need Tarot cards to make this prediction ....

Danica's 1st win will be picked apart more than a Thanksgiving Turkey w/unemployed relatives attending.
She will NOT have won on talent by any means ... and some jack-off(s) will find a way to bring her win ... down.

Yeah ... that's gonna happen. :-(



I could not agree more with this statement. Even if she if she leads the most laps and wins by a straight away, there will be haters that will pick it apart for weeks.
<<

racer1

Posts: 1127

8000

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 am

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

New article today on this Petty/Danica thing for those interested? :roll:

http://www.examiner.com/article/danica- ... ged-racing
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4445

8195

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

jwheels14 wrote:
smokieonefour wrote:Setting my psychic ( or is that psycho? ) crystal ball away ... don't need Tarot cards to make this prediction ....

Danica's 1st win will be picked apart more than a Thanksgiving Turkey w/unemployed relatives attending.
She will NOT have won on talent by any means ... and some jack-off(s) will find a way to bring her win ... down.

Yeah ... that's gonna happen. :-(



I could not agree more with this statement. Even if she if she leads the most laps and wins by a straight away, there will be haters that will pick it apart for weeks.

no one is gonna listen to the Petty's though :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

jessejames86j

Posts: 10

8000

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:52 pm

Location: northern california.

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

racer1 wrote:Love this guys comments and facts. The words "Global Stage" that Danica brings to nascar and has achieved things that Petty never could says it all. Petty is losing this battle as hes taking on a more powerfull & popular female then he ever imagined as him & others are jealous as they cant bring in fans or help ratings like she can. :lol:


http://trips2florida.com/danica-patrick ... -her-dust/
you show them boyz what it is all about girlfriend!!
<<

Jellikit

Posts: 1565

8000

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:54 pm

Re: Danica leaving Petty in her Dust

Keener29 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:however. If people were to be honest about the whole thing. he never said anything that isnt pretty accurate. She will never win a stock car race on driving skill. (yes rain delays & plate racing luck is possible)


I think she could pick up some wins other than by acts of nature or plate racing.

Last year at the Spring race in Martinsville she finished 12th. Ahead of Harvick, Kenseth, Edwards, Stewart, Jr. and a few other drivers that ran all the laps.

She finished 13th at Michigan. Ahead of Stenhouse, Newman, Allmendiner, Johnson, Hamlin, and some others that either ran all the laps, or just one short. Now this one is usually fuel mileage I know.

Then a 17th again in Martinsville for the Fall race. She was one lap down, but the first car a lap down. Ahead of Kurt Busch, and some other guys.

Just looking at numbers she has a shot at winning at a couple of these tracks pretty soon.

Also with the new qualifying procedures, her start position will probably improve over the course of this year. Which if you look at the stats she finishes close to where to she started most of the time. Either a few spots up or a few spots back.

I think she could also do well at Indy, Pocono, or any road course.

And mileage smileage.. :D .... a win is a win is a win. Just because someone wins in an "nontraditional" fashion, doesn't mean that every single other driver didn't have the opportunity to do the same. Someone just has to be better at it that day.

But, haters gonna hate, and smokieonefour couldn't be more correct.

Return to Danica

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER