FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Daytona Testing

<<

hboyle

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: Daytona Testing

I have seen negativity all over the site. I'm not saying it's not Danica fans. It's in every forum for the most part. I'm just saying it's hard as a Danica fan to visit the site when there is all this drama. I love posting on this site, but it's hard because there aren't a whole lot of people posting in Danica's forum. If we can keep that negativity out, maybe more people would post and it could get a little more interesting. I'll try to keep posting. If you don't hear from me for a while though, it's not because I don't want to be here. I'm just in school and have a lot of coursework right now.

As for Daytona testing - I hope Danica does well at Daytona when she finally gets to race. She had a great start to last year, and she seems to do better at restrictor plate courses so I'm hopeful. I know she wants to win at Daytona and I would love to see her do that, but I don't see her winning at Daytona unless people help her out (a lot of doing well at Daytona is through pushing/ packs). I'm just curious... are there any drivers out there that you see that might be willing to work with Danica? I could see her getting a top 5 if she works hard at it. I'd be overly happy with this but would be okay with a top 10 too.
<<

racer1

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:10 pm

Many drivers are too busy helping other big name veteran drivers these days thinking that will give them a better shot at winning, course there are other drivers who have helped and will help her if her car is showing speed? Tony S will help for sure if he has the chance as last yrs Daytona 500 he got wrecked early so couldn't help, not sure if Harvick or Kurt will help this yr? Bottom line-- all drivers are out for themselves but if helping her near the end when it counts might help them win, then they will help her? Last yrs Daytona 500 her car was fast enough by itself almost until the very end where drivers do need that push, esp on restarts? Guess we'll see soon enough? :roll:
Last edited by racer1 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:17 pm

hboyle wrote:I have seen negativity all over the site. I'm not saying it's not Danica fans. It's in every forum for the most part. I'm just saying it's hard as a Danica fan to visit the site when there is all this drama. I love posting on this site, but it's hard because there aren't a whole lot of people posting in Danica's forum. If we can keep that negativity out, maybe more people would post and it could get a little more interesting. I'll try to keep posting. If you don't hear from me for a while though, it's not because I don't want to be here. I'm just in school and have a lot of coursework right now.

As for Daytona testing - I hope Danica does well at Daytona when she finally gets to race. She had a great start to last year, and she seems to do better at restrictor plate courses so I'm hopeful. I know she wants to win at Daytona and I would love to see her do that, but I don't see her winning at Daytona unless people help her out (a lot of doing well at Daytona is through pushing/ packs). I'm just curious... are there any drivers out there that you see that might be willing to work with Danica? I could see her getting a top 5 if she works hard at it. I'd be overly happy with this but would be okay with a top 10 too.

well she has a couple plate races under her belt now. A little more experience for what to expect at the end of the races. She made the mistake last 500 to not making any moves. Which cost her a top 5. believe later in the year she even acknowledged that in an interview. Willing to bet if she finds herself near the top 5 she trys for the win on the last lap. Of course the flip side of that is she can lose 15 spots, but believe if she had to do last year all over again she would have made the move & at least tried.

The problem with this 500 this year is a lot of wild child's (rookies) gonna be in this race. Definitely think there will be a couple big ones to have to try & avoid.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:21 pm

plate racing makes me cringe just for the fact you can go from the front to the back in one lap and like ya said it takes one wrong move to do that
<<

racer1

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:22 pm

"Lots of wild child rookies"--good point all this yr. 8-)
<<

hboyle

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Good point Schmoop - the extra rookies are going to be something to really look out for as they get a handle on the new car, especially at the restrictor plate courses where everyone is so close!

This is for anyone: what are your opinions on the restrictor plate races? I think they're cool because they really level the playing field and there tend to be a lot of lead changes so I find them to be pretty exciting (and they're all going so fast so that's cool too).
<<

Rachael J

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:54 am

#EarnhardtJR88 #MyChaseNation Go JR!!!
#ISupportSmoke
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:41 am

Rachael J wrote:Image

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

............Its the dreaded "WRECKASAURUS"...........run for the hills :lol: :lol: :P :P :roll: :roll:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

racer1

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:08 pm

"............Its the dreaded "WRECKASAURUS"..........."

That's funny--but if you've watched any Naascar there's far more male "WRECKASAURUS's" that have wrecked her & others. Watch this seasons rookies and you'll see lots of male "WRECKASAURUS's" esp with Larson in the field as well as all the other "wild child" rookies as stated. :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:00 pm

this is true. Every single rookie coming in & a couple that are just gonna part time it this year, should increase a lot of the yellows. Gonna have a mine field of new blood this year. Gonna be trying to prove themselves & make it worse compete with each other for the ROTY. Gonna create a lot of drama.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:40 pm

a ton of rookies this year, last year was bad, just having 2, and before you flip out racer im talking about the amount of rookies.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:51 pm

michaeljohn wrote:a ton of rookies this year, last year was bad, just having 2, and before you flip out racer im talking about the amount of rookies.

these rookies have talent but lack brains. in the nationwide they all were putting their cars where they didn't belong. I can see the carnage all through this coming season. & I include Larson. Think he will have an awesome career, but believe he will cause some wrecks this year. They aren't scared & they will act like they have something to prove & worse will be competing against each other.

let the battle royal begin. gonna get ugly.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:12 pm

will be more fun if it was a steel cage.....
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:16 pm

michaeljohn wrote:will be more fun if it was a steel cage.....

well in a sense. they all bring their own steel cage :mrgreen:

remember rookie Stenhouse get all carried away at the plate race?
Kurt ended up on ryan's car.

now times that attitude by 7 or 8.

only thing that could make this rookie crop more dangerous is if S. Wallace was here. We already have Brian Scott here for the 500 LOL.
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:24 am

This will be the best (maybe) yr for rookies, well the most rookies anyway. Remember the previous yr 2012 where a S&P rookie, Timmy Hill I think won it.

Anyway, much as Larson is hyped, I'll be the farm early this yr that Dillon runs away with the ROY easily as he is impressive all the times hes been in Cup even for a few pt races etc--but we'll see I guess? Steinhouse winning the championship twice in NNS didn't do that great as a rookie last yr as some expected, so hard to predict using how they did in NNS, as Cup is different and much more competitive. Don't forget Larson couldn't win in NNS either, course the team has a lot to do with that also but Dillon has the better team in Cup in my opinion this yr. 8-)

Oh well Iam happy--My Pats literally ran over and trampled the Colts last night--and I expect Manning & the Broncos to do the same to the Hawks today. :)
PreviousNext

Return to Danica