FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Throwback

<<

hboyle

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Throwback

I know it's not Throwback Thursday yet, but he's a throwback... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWHWcgnoCkc

I always love watching this video, especially the "BOYS!!! Move over! The lady is coming through!" :)
<<

racer1

Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Throwback

Thanks I remember that well. Great moment in history with the record breaking win for her in Indycar although a fuel mileage race the naysayers tried to dismiss, but other big names win under similar circumstances in all forms of auto racing so--a win is a win regardless?

Its too bad this Indycar win happened overseas in Japan though as if it happened here in the states it would've gotten even more PR & coverage then it did at the time--just saying?

On the same note-- on Race Hub this last week they had a segment discussing her rookie season and I believe it was Larry Mac who said the only way she has a chance to win in Cup is either the plate tracks when the "stars line up" & everything goes her way or a fuel mileage win? Course Cup teams are pretty smart regarding fuel issues and or rain delay races knowing when to stay out just in case --so it will be difficult to say the least for her to win, as look who she has to beat to win? Yeh--but--sometimes the stars do line up and strange things happen--lets hope? :roll:
<<

Midniteflyer

Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:35 pm

IMO Larry Mac is a idiot. How many other drivers have won with the scenario that he stated. A win is a win. The biggest thing I see is the other drivers and their egos not wanting her to win. I see her first win coming at a restrictor track but she is quite capable of winning elsewhere. Would love to see a Martinsville win. Vegas would be nice that way I could witness it in person.

Larry Mac, pull your head out so you can see the light and your ego that is left on your face from having it where the sun don't shine. :roll:
Not how fast you get from Point "A" to Point "B" it is how much fun you have getting there
<<

racer1

Post Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:27 pm

I don't agree with Danica maybe winning a plate race, mainly because no one is going to help her and drivers need help in the plate races at some point as pushing doesn't work that well in Cup but it works on restarts for sure getting a jump racing to the finish line.

Ayone who watches these plate races even when she won the pole and was running 3rd on the high side with a lap to go, Jr running behind her dropped down & most other drivers went with him leaving her alone with Biffle who also got left on the high side with no help? Time & time again during those plate races even when her car is fast and she jumps to the high side or low side, no one goes with her to help her as even the low funded drivers have other drivers to help them. Without someone helping her on these plate tracks, esp near the end with a lap or so to go, Danica is not going to win a plate race--period.

Yes--Danica had lots of help in NNS with drivers pushing her to the lead quite a bit in the plate races, leading lots of laps and close to winning with her teammate Amirola at the time pushing her in the race where Wallace's car jumped high running into her causing a huge crash of flames where she finished 10th I believe, but that was an exciting race?

Oh well-- some are saying--- "Nascar needs Danica to be successful and esp win a race" to really draw attention to the series like she did winning the pole, but apparently none of the other Cup drivers are going to help? Many of them are desperate and fighting for their own careers where a win could help them, although facts are-- NONE of them winning benefits Nascar like if Danica should win--not even close----believe it? 8-)

Danica has lots of teammates this yr so maybe one of them will help, but then again maybe not?

Bottom line---This is simply a 'good ole boys club" and some of the moderators, hosts, anylists and other media never let us forget it by constantly putting Danica down every chance they get. Apparently they are so stupid they cant see or realize they are putting down the ONLY driver who is capable of helping their ratings and Nascar--just plain ignorant--but whats new-- it is Nascar? :roll:
<<

newmanfan3914

Post Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:26 pm

That's funny! :lol:

Return to Danica