FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica in another Superbowl commercial news.

<<

racer1

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:47 am

Danica in another Superbowl commercial news.

Well--no more sexy stuff reportedly but simple and funny apparently is the theme for Godaddy now as they've said, although some are saying if sexy has worked so well--changing it now may not work--quote: "ask JC Penny"? guess we'll see?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bus ... k/3308133/
<<

hboyle

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Danica in another Superbowl commercial news.

I'm really glad they're planning on dropping the sexual-suggestive ads. I remember the ads they ran of that model kissing some nerds, and I honestly found the ads kinds of disgusting and not beneficial to Go Daddy. The Super Bowl ads that do well often involve humor (like the Doritos ad with the goat) or something that really touches the heart (like the Budweiser commercial with the horse running back to the man that raised him for instance). I'm really hoping their ads are funny this year - it will be really good for the company.
<<

racer1

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Danica in another Superbowl commercial news.

Facts are those sexy and often distastefull controversial commercials helped Godaddy grow from a few hundred million to after Parsons signed Danica and went on the sexy side with her in several yrs they were worth over 3 Billion +. Parsons the founder sold it for over that and stayed on for a few yrs to help in transition for the new co.. Godaddy went through numerous executive changes untill recently this yr when Parsons stepped down with the most recent CEO apparently trying new things? The issue is SEX & controversy attracks attention & sells so it will be interesting to see if they continue to grow without it?? They are making a big push now to expand to overseas and reportedly are promoting and expanding in over 60 countries?? Danica is known in lots of countries so curious to see where and how they use her--lots of air time this off season--which for her isnt that long? 8-)

Return to Danica