FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Nationwide

<<

hboyle

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Nationwide

This might be a silly question, but what determines whether a driver also does some races in Nationwide? Obviously, they would need a crew (money, car, etc), but I was wondering what your thoughts were on this... Do you think that Danica also doing some races in the Nationwide series in parallel with the Sprint Cup Series would help her in the long run? I mean, it would give her more experience and familiarity with the tracks. What are your thoughts?
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: Nationwide

hboyle wrote:This might be a silly question, but what determines whether a driver also does some races in Nationwide? Obviously, they would need a crew (money, car, etc), but I was wondering what your thoughts were on this... Do you think that Danica also doing some races in the Nationwide series in parallel with the Sprint Cup Series would help her in the long run? I mean, it would give her more experience and familiarity with the tracks. What are your thoughts?

think it might help on a few select tracks, but for the most part while she is still searching for a feel she likes in a cup car. Think it might actually hurt her on other tracks, because you have to drive the 2 different cars so differently.
ImageImageImage
<<

hboyle

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:15 am

Thanks Schmoopy! I don't know a whole lot about Nationwide and was just curious. What's so different about the cars in particular, if you don't mind me asking (just trying to learn a bit).
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Horsepower is the major thing. there are some body differences, but the horsepower makes you drive the two cars so differently. In a NW car you have to use other lines sometimes for momentum. Where you have to use the gas & brake much differently with more horsepower.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:00 pm

i think it would benefit her to do some NW races if she was with a good team, if anything just the rhythm of the track.
I will miss you Frehley........

Return to Danica