FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Good solid result for Danica again.

<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:19 pm

Re: Good solid result for Danica again.

futura64 wrote:'Was just kiddin' the Wolf a little. Yes Kyle is a good young driver and could possibly some day even contend for a championship. What some people on here don't seem to realize (or don't want to realize) is auto racing is just a part of a vast entertainment industry in this and other countries. Why do they build those multi-million dollar tracks? They don't do it just for fun. They do it to make money. That means putting butts in tens and even hundreds of thousands of seats on race day. Right now Kyle doesn't sell many tickets for them nor generate any revenue from tv ratings. Perhaps he will some day.

I'm waiting on the Blaney kid to move up too, he appears to have a lot of talent and I always liked his dad, even more so when he was with the World of Outlaws.I'm not sure if the engines are failing or Kyle is blowing them up thou. :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:23 pm

racer1 wrote:Anyone comparing Danica to drivers other then those who came from Open wheel is not a fair assessment by any means. Nascar is full of young drivers who grew up on dirt tracks, and short track racing of all kinds & even if they havent been in a stock car before they all usually do well when put in one in a short period of time like Larson or yes Steinhouse & most others. Driving stock cars is like driving a car on ice many have said, with all the track changes, tire changes and weather changing everything makes them difficult to control for someone who didnt grow up with that type of learning. Do I have to remind evryone again how long (4 1/2 yrs, 146 races) it took Hornish to win a NNs race and he was a Indycar champion and now finishing up his 7th yr. It takes time as some learn faster then others and there are always exceptions like a Stewart etc, but some never get enough time to learn it-- like Dario. :roll:

Larson seems to be a great talent but he needs to learn discipline as he gets into this Cup series trying to bump & bang them out of the way--he'll be done quicker then he can blink as his team will be buying a new car every race. BTW--you guys do know Larson has NOT won in NNS either being hyped up so much--just saying. Also the team has alot to do with his results as well and moreso at some tracks where setup is key and maintaining it?? There is a lot of young talent upcoming that may do better then him, better teams etc --only time will tell? :roll:

Tony Stewart and Jimmie Johnson didn't do well in the lesser series either and look at them . ;) Kevin Harvick and Gregg Biffle did well in the lesser series and still neither has a Cup championship?
<<

futura64

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:38 pm

[/quote]
I'm waiting on the Blaney kid to move up too, he appears to have a lot of talent and I always liked his dad, even more so when he was with the World of Outlaws.I'm not sure if the engines are failing or Kyle is blowing them up thou. :lol:[/quote]

Small world. Yeah, I kinda keep an eye on the Blaney kid too. My old racing buddy (we attend local and TMS events together) is originally from western Pennsylvania. He and his brother used to score at Sharon Speedway in eastern Ohio. The Blaneys own Sharon Speedway. He was a close friend of Lou, Dave's dad.
BudmaninTx
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:37 pm

futura64 wrote:

I'm waiting on the Blaney kid to move up too, he appears to have a lot of talent and I always liked his dad, even more so when he was with the World of Outlaws.I'm not sure if the engines are failing or Kyle is blowing them up thou. :lol:[/quote]

Small world. Yeah, I kinda keep an eye on the Blaney kid too. My old racing buddy (we attend local and TMS events together) is originally from western Pennsylvania. He and his brother used to score at Sharon Speedway in eastern Ohio. The Blaneys own Sharon Speedway. He was a close friend of Lou, Dave's dad.[/quote]
Cool, I haven't seen or talked to Dave Blaney myself since he drove for RCR the one year to prepare a third team for Bowyer. Sammy Swindell never did well in the Bush Series or Truck Series, i wonder how Steve Kinser would have done if he had a fair chance when he was with Bernstein? Dave Blaney came close to wins twice in Cup and lost one due to a loose wheel once, but I don't recall the other. Shame he never had a really good ride, never met anyone who didn't like him, sometimes I wish he stayed with the WOO.
Previous

Return to Danica