FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Good solid result for Danica again.

<<

racer1

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Good solid result for Danica again.

Ok I'll post this as its clear SOME others here just post comments and start threads that are deemed to trash and criticize as apparently no one here is mature or grown up enough to give credit where its due? Martinsville being one of Nascars toughest tracks is now one of Danicas best tracks as its showing. Even starting almost last again a sold 17th place finish is decent considering all the veterans who couldnt keep from running into each other. The last long run without a caution reportedly was very tough on her as her tires were going and gone with 30 laps or so to go and lost some spots but brought it home safe in 17th--best of all SHR cars and RICKy who was very angry as he posted on twitter.

http://www.thesportsbank.net/nascar-2/d ... -goes-467/

Oh well seasons winding down and as said befor changes need to be made to her team but with Tony S getting a new CC doesnt look like it but she cant tolerate another season like this where they dont get better. Someone at SHR iam sure sees that or Godaddy or her management people will also, and she is starting to yell now and showing shes not happy with things so??? Godaddy is paying top dollar for her to have a competitive car capable of winning and that alone will be the point. Having a car even when she practices Ok (top 20) they screw the car up for qualifying and most races or finally get it right near the end when its too late as shes down laps--NOT good enough?? She doesnt need a nice old man like Gibson hugging her sayin its OK aqll the time, as she needs a CC and engineer that know what the H--e-l--l they are doing.

Does SHR even have anyone given the not great season overall despite Newman being the best this yr going back to his previous CC & working well for him, despite being wrecked alot ruining top 10 or better finishes? Even Martin hasnt showed much, top 10's etc with Tonys CC and crew so kind of says it all as he was much better with MWR? Oh well--time will tell? :roll:
Last edited by racer1 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Re: Good solid result for Danica again.

go back and look at previous threads, i posted results and made positive comments on them and not many people took part in them including you, so dont come off self righteous, if people want to criticize her driving they have every right to, as her result have shown, she has had a couple good wrongs, but she has also made mistakes, why should she be the only one not criticized? i take crap on a weekly basis for bein a JJ fan, it comes with the turf, thats how nascar fans are
<<

racer1

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Well maybe just maybe because there are so few good comments from you and others here I may have missed them--thats all. 8-)
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:11 pm

For a tough track like Martinsville, where it's pretty much all handling and driver skill, the rookie had two great races this year. When I saw her qualifying run (got mad loose in a turn), I just knew she'd be a good fantasy pick. She killed it yesterday. In most leagues, she was a top 15 or better scorer.
She took care of her stuff, yet was aggressive enough to move from the back of the field, at the start, to have a respectable finish. Job well done. :!: 8-)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Mville is a brutal track, and i was surprised she was up to tenth, she did a nice job, especially when there was a wreck or two around her
<<

racer1

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:38 pm

On other sites what many are saying what impressed them was she managed to hold off Kurt
for several laps at the end to finish ahead of him even though she had moved high to let Gordon through which was the weak lane she still outraced Kurt to the finish. Course maybe Kurt was being nice as he will be her teammate next yr--but--is Kurt really ever nice??

Oh well --I know its only 17th place but now for a decent result the last few races--hoping anyway? If she can have decent finishes at a couple of these last races shes only 12 points from Ragan and she could leapfrog him clear into 25th or 24th in points by seasons end as Stewart will fall behind her and Gilliland is tied with her so shouldnt be a big problem jumping over him the next race. Just NO DNF's thats all? 8-)
<<

anita56

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:24 pm

I have been one of her biggest citics, but I was the first to give her credit yesterday on my FB page (where I post everything else). She did a good job. Jury won't come in until 2014 however. Let's see how she runs next year.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:39 pm

racer1 wrote:Ok I'll post this as its clear SOME others here just post comments and start threads that are deemed to trash and criticize as apparently no one here is mature or grown up enough to give credit where its due? Martinsville being one of Nascars toughest tracks is now one of Danicas best tracks as its showing. Even starting almost last again a sold 17th place finish is decent considering all the veterans who couldnt keep from running into each other. The last long run without a caution reportedly was very tough on her as her tires were going and gone with 30 laps or so to go and lost some spots but brought it home safe in 17th--best of all SHR cars and RICKy who was very angry as he posted on twitter.

http://www.thesportsbank.net/nascar-2/d ... -goes-467/

Oh well seasons winding down and as said befor changes need to be made to her team but with Tony S getting a new CC doesnt look like it but she cant tolerate another season like this where they dont get better. Someone at SHR iam sure sees that or Godaddy or her management people will also, and she is starting to yell now and showing shes not happy with things so??? Godaddy is paying top dollar for her to have a competitive car capable of winning and that alone will be the point. Having a car even when she practices Ok (top 20) they screw the car up for qualifying and most races or finally get it right near the end when its too late as shes down laps--NOT good enough?? She doesnt need a nice old man like Gibson hugging her sayin its OK aqll the time, as she needs a CC and engineer that know what the H--e-l--l they are doing.
Does SHR even have anyone given the not great season overall despite Newman being the best this yr going back to his previous CC & working well for him, despite being wrecked alot ruining top 10 or better finishes? Even Martin hasnt showed much, top 10's etc with Tonys CC and crew so kind of says it all as he was much better with MWR? Oh well--time will tell? :roll:

Racer I feel for you on this (no I am not kidding or making a joke) TG is the worst CC out there. Danica supporters or doubters will ever know how good she is or isn't as long as TG is the CC. I remember when Danica was 1st going to do a few races for SHR. As MJ calls them. "the Danicas" talking trash kept saying we Ryan fans were just making excuses when we talked ill of one Mr. Tony Gibson. I wouldn't wish Tony Gibson on any driver...... well maybe Kurt Busch, but wouldn't wish him on any other driver out there. maybe Matt Borland could move over to the 10 team & I can get my wish of Gibson being put with Kurt. :mrgreen: But honestly I want to see that just as a punishment to Gibson not kurt LOL. If Danica is a technical learner & not a by the seat of her pants learner, I think Borland would be good for her. Gibson only knows how to suck a career dry. Honestly if I were a fan of hers (& you know I am not) I would be worried. 1st Tonys team will always take presidence. Now you have harvick who wont care about any team but his own. (kind of a squeaky wheel thing) Then you will have Kurts team who is Gene Haas's pet toy project. You know Haas isn't gonna allow for Kurts team to miss out on anything. All the while not to try & sound harsh, they only expect the 10 team to start getting consistent top 20's which can be done by simply keeping your nose clean. The 10 team might just become the new 39 team. ironically for me. Danica will be my top SHR driver once Ryan is gone. maybe I might stop in here from time to time & help you complain about TG or how the team is ignored. (I have plenty of practice at it)
Anyways. I like Borland & he has already said he is not interested in CCing for Kurt. Sounds like Tony is getting Chad Johnston, & Harvick is already set. So I don't know what they will have Borland do, but I would love to see him land at the 10 car & TG go to Kurt! ;)
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:43 pm

racer the hard lesson your gonna learn is its all about tony......... and everyone gets the left overs, not counting the two men that just joined, but whenever he wanted a CC he went outside SHR, ryan got some leftover guy from DEI, then was pawned off on danica, from where i sit SHR doesnt like to spend money
<<

racer1

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Solid comments and now I agree where before I said Id just wait and see--well--what I see i dont like---so? I guess they missed Ryan jumping for joy when he heard he'd have his old CC back this yr--open eyes SHR? Its time for changes but the big question is will they make changes for next yr?? Id like to see someone else as her CC for the last races this yr before it ends --JUST to see if there is any difference?

jr motorsports did that, changed CC in the last few races of her FT season in NNS and there WAS a distinct difference, but it was too late as it was her last FT yr in NNs. She shouldve stayed in NNS another yr but way too late now for crying about that as shes in with the best of the best in Cup and just has to deal with it? As said though I doubt some of her powerfull people behind her will allow her getting left overs & more of this crap next yr for very long including her? Go get em Danica. :roll:

Heres the deal--would you rather have a nice CC that never yells and hugs you & always says its OK even when you screw up or a CC that does get on you for making mistakes-- but-- the results are much better--give me the one with better results anytime--here hoping? 8-)
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:21 pm

I've been more impressed with Kyle Larson, if only the engines didn't blow up! ;)
<<

futura64

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:40 am

wolfgang wrote:I've been more impressed with Kyle Larson, if only the engines didn't blow up! ;)

Kyle Who? Humm, never heard of him. Oh wait, THAT GUY, the one who flies into catch fences. :)
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:33 am

Anyone comparing Danica to drivers other then those who came from Open wheel is not a fair assessment by any means. Nascar is full of young drivers who grew up on dirt tracks, and short track racing of all kinds & even if they havent been in a stock car before they all usually do well when put in one in a short period of time like Larson or yes Steinhouse & most others. Driving stock cars is like driving a car on ice many have said, with all the track changes, tire changes and weather changing everything makes them difficult to control for someone who didnt grow up with that type of learning. Do I have to remind evryone again how long (4 1/2 yrs, 146 races) it took Hornish to win a NNs race and he was a Indycar champion and now finishing up his 7th yr. It takes time as some learn faster then others and there are always exceptions like a Stewart etc, but some never get enough time to learn it-- like Dario. :roll:

Larson seems to be a great talent but he needs to learn discipline as he gets into this Cup series trying to bump & bang them out of the way--he'll be done quicker then he can blink as his team will be buying a new car every race. BTW--you guys do know Larson has NOT won in NNS either being hyped up so much--just saying. Also the team has alot to do with his results as well and moreso at some tracks where setup is key and maintaining it?? There is a lot of young talent upcoming that may do better then him, better teams etc --only time will tell? :roll:
<<

futura64

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:51 pm

'Was just kiddin' the Wolf a little. Yes Kyle is a good young driver and could possibly some day even contend for a championship. What some people on here don't seem to realize (or don't want to realize) is auto racing is just a part of a vast entertainment industry in this and other countries. Why do they build those multi-million dollar tracks? They don't do it just for fun. They do it to make money. That means putting butts in tens and even hundreds of thousands of seats on race day. Right now Kyle doesn't sell many tickets for them nor generate any revenue from tv ratings. Perhaps he will some day.
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:19 pm

The story with Larson coming into Nascar was that he was another great talent to take nascar into the future but his fanbase didnt buy it--so far anyway? Its been said most his fans dint like him coming to nascar as they wanted him dominating in all his other series he wins in? Fact is none of the stars in other series like Carmichael earlier and now Pastrano in his FT season is/was very hyped but hasnt helped ratings in the least. Only one driver coming from another series is proven to help ratings and we know who that is? Pastrano is also having a bad FT season in NNs and wont even make top 10 in points (currently14th) unlike another driver in her first FT season made top 10 in points, yet criticized for that--just making a point? BTW Larson is at risk for not making top 10 as well if he DNF's or? as he is only in 9th right now so nothing to bragg about really overall based on results?

Nascar needs new talent to help ratings even just to maintain what they have for the future or they are in big trouble. In the next few yrs how many top drivers with good fanbases will retire and in the next 5-10 yrs how many more top drivers will be gone, whereby without the young drivers today establishing a fan base nascar is in trouble for the future? NNS is in trouble with bad ratings and even the Dillons and young & hyped drivers in that series arent helping the ratings apparently so the outlook for NNS & Nascar is certainly dim?

If Larson surprises and comes in and wins in Cup, would that help ratings or are Nascar fans simply burned out of the boring parades watching leaders lap the field with little real racing like they used to have long ago? Larson and other young talent are key for the future of Nascar but only time will tell? :roll:
Next

Return to Danica