FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Patrick, Stenhouse dish on romance

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:19 am

Patrick, Stenhouse dish on romance

Danica Patrick drinks wine and curses too much — at least too much for boyfriend Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and his mom.

“Yeah, my mom doesn’t like it,” Stenhouse recently told USA Today.

Stenhouse says those are two things Patrick has cut back on during the high-profile relationship between fellow NASCAR Sprint Cup rookies.

And how has she changed him?

Well, apparently Stenhouse has started drinking more wine (which he doesn't like) to keep up with Danica and letting her doll him up in expensive designer clothes so he doesn't dress like a dork.

“Are you kidding me? I grew up wearing free racing T-shirts,” Stenhouse said. “What’s wrong with still wearing them?”

What will Danica change about Stenhouse next? Probably his hook-up spot. Stenhouse reportedly rents a room from his accountant in a town outside Charlotte, where Danica has to keep her stuff on the floor. When Ricky visits her Chicago condo, they hit the town for shopping and fine dining.

But they spend most of their time during the season in motor homes, traveling from track to track. Together. Almost all the time.
Next stop, splitsville? Don't count on it, Danica says.

“Does it worry me at all being together so much? No, because we’re worse apart,” Patrick said. “We’re much better together."

So if they're gonna stick together, maybe they should focus on changing this:

Neither one is in the top 20 in the Sprint Cup standings.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:54 pm

Re: Patrick, Stenhouse dish on romance

I thought the article was weird but then again I don't sit up at night wondering if they are drinking wine and hitting the town.

I do hope they are both able to put their talent to use on the track and make it sizzle. I like him. I really do. Would love to see him win a race.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Well that's a sure sign it won't last. You need to accept your mate as they are or you will lose in the end. I'm hoping Ricky will eventually realize that what he likes is important and either make Danica accept it or move on. Nothing good ever comes from comprising what makes you happy. You have to be who you are or your life is a joke.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:22 pm

she sounds like a stalker clinger, and when ricky gets older it will start to turn him off
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:11 pm

This was more info that I ever expected to find out. The big problem is that Ricky feels he has to keep up with her. No he doesn't...He doesn't have to drink something just because she is and the fact mama know about it means he's talked to mama about it. I agree with the fact when he gets a little older he'll get tired of the huppla and he'll move on. Right now she is a status figure but that can get old.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:37 am

to play devil's advocate.
when you are in a new relationship. you will go try new things with your new significant other. Sounds like he is being a good boytoy. Now if he tried something & didn't like it & she is pressuring him to do it anyways is another thing. But then he isn't standing up for himself then why would they break up if that was the case? I think it might be the writer on this one. Doubt it is so one sided. I seen Danica at a bull riding event. I am pretty sure she doesn't normally do that. I think all these different things is them compromising with each other. Only thing I found as maybe a black mark is Danica cussing around his mom so much. I cuss all the time in my life but always find myself trying to show respect at times like that. Not all parents have lived in the same life I have.
I have had shirts my girlfriends have tried to throw away as well. Old work shirts (my favorite shirt conversation) but those conversations are more funny than fighting over being changed. They may grow apart later in life as often is the case with two high profile people (Hollywood is full of them) but right now I think they are fine.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:39 am

we have no room for devil's on this site!

its nothing out of the ordinary, but i did get the vibe she is a clinger, some guys dig that, it was funny about the whole "free tshirt" thing im sure every driver is like that
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:27 pm

Ricky is a mommas boy and Danica is a cougar-end of story! :mrgreen:
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:59 pm

I have to agree on being yourself. Sometimes this can be tough as they do have an age difference. She left a marriage that her spouse was something like 15 years older and she was in a different world than being with Ricky. Apparenty the newness of the relationship has worn off and he is starting to complain. Sound like they should talk about the differences, likes and dislikes and Danica can't boss him around like she is his mother. That never works and the relationship is over. Why would anyone tell details like they did anyway?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to Danica