FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NASCAR.com

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:38 am

NASCAR.com

over the last few days there has been a debate on whether some of us have been hard on danica, well all i have to say is check out the boards at nascar.com....... they get just as rude and crude, and yea i know the argument is that danica should not have to endure that kind of treatment here, well like i always say, danica is a polarizing person, you either like her or you dont.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:55 am

Re: NASCAR.com

It's not really about what Danica thinks. Let's face it...none of the 3 drivers for SHR read this forum. If people think they do, they're a little delusional.....(cough, cough, Tony'swife, cough, cough) ;)

It's about her fans that may wish to come in and converse on a driver they like.
IMO, this site should have far more people as regular participants. But I'd guess that numerous people who are fans of Danica have split. Some of these would doubtlessly be good contributors on a variety of topics here. These people expect something different here than they would find on NASCAR.com, FB, or any other non-SHR site. Here, I think they expect a little better treatment.

If people are happy with the small group that post regularly, and never want people to come in with differing opinions and favorite drivers, then continue bashing her at every turn. (No pun intended) Some of us, who aren't diehard fans of hers, but still appreciate what she's doing, can brush it off. Most can't, or they get inflamed, like Racer. I will say, that his reactions are way over the top usually, but at least he sticks up for her like no one else. :lol:

It's one thing if you post facts about her performance, or lack thereof, every now and then...even some negative opinions have to be expected. It's the CONSTANT jabs taken with nothing more intended than to try and be funny, and/or negative, that get people irritated.
Just my opinion.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:25 pm

im all for different opinions, always have, its the only way we learn from each other, but some of the danicas are wound too tight, instead of giving facts or telling us what makes her so awesome, they make it personal and then u end up with what we have today..............
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:57 am

Jellikit wrote: It's the CONSTANT jabs taken with nothing more intended than to try and be funny, and/or negative, that get people irritated.
Just my opinion.

...not just YOUR opinion...but, you may as well talk to a brick wall...you'll have a better chance of success... ;)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Jellikit wrote: Let's face it...none of the 3 drivers for SHR read this forum. If people think they do, they're a little delusional.....(cough, cough, Tony'swife, cough, cough) ;)

Ummm... that MAY not be 100% true Jelli. LOL

A while back, us girls had a blog for writing stories about Tony ... and we KNOW the women in the SHR office were reading it. Someone ( can't remember who exactly... Tonycrazy maybe?) got that part verified from the horses mouths. So... I'm thinking if a bunch of the women were reading it - it had to get back to Tony. Whether or not HE ACTUALLY read them... we don't know. But an office full of women talking .... has got be heard... KWIM? LOL

Then a friend of mine who actually spoke to Ryan said, Ryan was aware of this site. What "aware" means is subjective. But again, another source verified Ryan was "aware" of the site.

Doc handed out SHR fan bracelets one year to the teams and told them they came from this site.

Soooo... those are just a few examples I can think of, off hand...where we had some proofs about "the drivers, teams & office personnel" knowing about our crazy train here. I'm not saying any of the three drivers read this site ( over so many to choose from, right ? ) but it remains in the realm of possibility. LOL

None of them have EVER spoken to us here, thru or in a blog ... altho a few members have tried to trick us over the years.

< Anyone remember ......Gene Haas... online from prison... making posts on here ? LMAO >
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:30 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:
Jellikit wrote: It's the CONSTANT jabs taken with nothing more intended than to try and be funny, and/or negative, that get people irritated.
Just my opinion.

...not just YOUR opinion..

Sign me up for agreeing to that too :D
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:32 pm

I'll say this about the bracelets.....they knew they were from us, were proud to wear them and looked forward to getting them each yr.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Well, yeah, that's somewhat encouraging to hear smokie and doc.
Very cool about the bracelets. Nice work there!
Too funny about Haas in prison. :lol:

I think the drivers should visit the site once in a great while. If they just posted one little blurb in, say, the beginning and/or the end of the season, it would go a tremendously long way with the participants here. 8-) Just a little something to say "thanks for the support" or "looking forward to a great season" would be nice.

We can hope for the future that they might one day visit, I suppose. But, I'm a realist..err, most of the time :lol: ...I understand that these 3 have so much on their plate most days that it does seem a little optimistic to hope for such a thing. But ya' never know. :!: :?: :!: ;)

Return to Danica