FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can we talk?

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Re: Can we talk?

Rochelle wrote:Sorry but Danica bashers or doubters or whatever you want to call us have as much right to this site as anyone else. Just accept it or move on. Like you, we're not about to change who we are and shouldn't be expected to. Get over it, there's more to life than this petty crap that keeps going back and forth. You can say what you want but so can we. You can say she's the second coming but we can say she isn't. I'm sure that there's some driver out there that has inspired someone at one time or another. Good for all of them. I'm just sorry that she's the rallying point for the young women out there. She never earned her right to be in the Cup series but I'll applaud any young woman out there that earns her way up without selling herself. And sorry, but there's a word for women who do that.

We all think we're right so please try to accept the reality of that. No one is going to win here so if you can't move on, you've lost one of the most important lessons of life.

you know Simona was at some school talking to girls about how they could do anything they wanted (be a race car driver Engineer or whatever) & that their dress size shouldn't matter. When I saw that, I gained even more respect for her. She was actually out there talking to girls at the impressionable age. Maybe keeping some that aren't so small Self esteem up.
ImageImageImage
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:33 pm

Yes Rochelle ... we know by now ... and if we should happen to forget, I'm sure you'll post another reminder, telling people you don't care. We get it. We've heard you 1 million times already. Question for you tho ... if you don't care so much... why even comment? Is the fact that you don't care, relevant to someone who does? ? Doubt it.

In your above post - you're telling everyone what to do. In my post, I asked. I asked nicely. I said 'please & thank you" as a show of respect to the members. I don't bark out orders to be followed by minions. Please....

I never said anyone could not say anything. I respectively asked a few members to please, if they can restrain themselves... then please do. For them, the high road - for the Danica fans, a space to breathe without having to defend her, our idea's or posts.

Show me, tell me where is the harm in that?

Schmoopy asked the only good question and to that the question, the answer is - anyone can post what they want. All I was simply asking was ... do some people HAVE TO pop EVERY balloon they come across?

I can't stand Brian Vickers,... altho when he won and people were happy for him here... I LET them be ... without my snarky comments. WHY ruin someone's enjoyment? That's the part I just don't get about most or some people ... and others... I see clearly as "balloon poppers." I believe these would be the folks to whom Racer 1 speaks of and to. ( Just guessing )

Thanks Rulez for at least hearing & understanding where I'm coming from. It's a sad day when someone can't post something because they know it will torn part. I'm sorry to know you ( and possibly others ) feel that way ... and that it has become that way. :-( Sad day. :-(

All I can do is HOPE an SHR statement, like was made on Facebook, comes around here.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:45 pm

I had written a huge post in this thread one night, but then, like smokerulez, I figured, what's the point? I did address a little of it in the Nascar.com thread.

People who want to continue to bash her with insults, rather than facts about her performance, are basically trolls in a forum. It's the lowest kind of postings imo. They constantly try to negate anything positive that anyone has to say about Danica.
We get it...you don't like her. And I'm pretty sure it's just because she uses her looks. If she was butt-ugly, you wouldn't care, nor comment, on her performances. When people comment on how she uses her looks to get ahead, well it pretty much verifies it. I say, if ya' got it, use it. Got to make that cash and only look out for #1. (That would be yourself) Forget the haters, 'cause they'll always be there.

Rochelle wrote: Get over it, there's more to life than this petty crap that keeps going back and forth.

Sorry Rochelle, but the only petty crap is really the stuff that is said negatively about her, with bias. And it's so prevalent, that there's no wonder her fans come in and say "Hi," then they leave as quickly as they came. They just want a place they can converse with like-minded supporters. Yet when they try, they're usually greeted w/ insults about her. If that wasn't the case, her fans would be in here in great numbers, thus adding to the forum as a whole.
People who are supportive and positive are NOT petty...they're fans. There's a difference in the 2.
Carry on...
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:34 pm

Nicely expressed Jelli :-)

or ... after remembering my English teacher nagging on me....

I thought you expressed your thoughts very well Mr. Jellikit.

Hee hee hee
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

anita56

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:25 pm

I want to respect her. It just seems that she isn't trying. But I can tell you that when your boss expects little out of you (he said all he expects is a top 25) you are going to give just a little.
<<

HTower

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:22 pm

The First Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The GOVERNMENT has no ability to limit what you say about Danica.

Stewart Haas Racing has a completely different level of control over us. Seeing as how all of us agreed to the following legal contract upon registering:
By accessing “SHR VIP Garage” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “SHR VIP Garage”, “http://www.stewarthaasracing.com/fan/circuit”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “SHR VIP Garage”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “SHR VIP Garage” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from http://www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “SHR VIP Garage” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “SHR VIP Garage” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “SHR VIP Garage” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

Bold emphasis is mine.

Now, can we please stop referring to one of the greatest documents ever created as we continue to disagree about about a particular driver? It is insulting to what the Bills of Rights means for all of us for it to get dragged into this mud slinging fight like it has.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:08 pm

its funny how people wanna sit here and JUDGE other for talkin about danica, look at all the petty crap i read about JJ, you would think he was the only car on the track yesterday, if we are going to hold fast to the rule of not bashing danica, then guess what, no bashing others drivers, it makes ya'll sound like hypocrites "cant touch danica cause she is under the SHR blanket." get over yourselves sound like fools, yea im a fool too, im so sick of this high and mighty crap that people wanna trash other drivers but when it comes to SHR, no one can utter a bad word, TOO BAD! i came here a ryan, and i am a jimmie johnson fan, and if none of you like it, hahaha well i know some of you dont like, oh well such is life :P :P :P :P :P :P

those comments come to you compliments of the bill of rights, which affords me and others to speak our minds whether you like it or not. also here is another great thing that SHR offers, its called a foe list, so you can block people you dont like, rochelle is good people............ anyone jumps on her, your gonna deal with me
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Those who confuse sports talk with hating should have the privilage of internet usge removed from their life. Just because someone doesn't think someone else is a good athlete, doesn't make them a "hater"...it's just an opinion.

Those who confuse opinions with facts, should also have the privilage of the internet removed from their life.

Those who position themselves to be in/ start/ feed drama should also have their internet removed from their life. It's as old as....well you know......
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

jamo14

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:29 pm

ndunn wrote:
jamo14 wrote:I would have to say racerone is at the top of the list in the being nasty/ personal attacks column.

racerone does it so much, that it actually gives him no merit whatsoever

Hi Jamo haven't seen much of your posting. I miss your humor. Hope you and the family are doing fine.

I've been doin good. Family is doing great, and obviously keeping me BIZZY. I miss having fun on here, and only have time to visit the site once a week, or so. I hope your Michigan summer is as wonderful as it has ever been. That's a beautiful state, and wish I could go back someday. I loved the Michigan summers I got to spend up there.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Previous

Return to Danica