FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hey Wolfgang

<<

ndunn

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Re: Hey Wolfgang

Jellikit wrote:Spot on Jamo.

My brother-in-law is my age..45..and he competed in the Special Olympics in Seoul South Korea this year. He took home the bronze medal in figure skating. He is a former gymnast champion. He has done, and can do to this day, physical stuff that most people have never been able to do.

He will whip your azz in a push-up contest, and many other competitions too.

This, is Danny. :mrgreen: (He goes everywhere with his newest medal.) ;)

Give your brother-in-law a great big hug for me. I know exactly what this medal means to him. I was at the first Olympics held at Central Michigan U in Mt. Pleasant MI. Eunice Shriver was there with her children to kick off a dream of hers. My children and I watched several of the competitions and one never forgets what this meant. After each event a person completed they received a hug from a celebrity. There were tons there. The public were not allowed to ask for autographs as this was for the competitors. My husbands Optimist Club was assigned the state of West Virginia to entertain for a day. It was a fun filled day and they got to tour the state capital also. At the picnic held for the guests the leader from West Virginia gave all of us a pin that says we are Honorable Citizens of the State of West Virginia. This was an event one keeps in their heart forever. I'm sure the first competition was primitive cpmpared to what they do now but nothing takes away the first one. I still have my pin which is about 40 years old. Danny "your the best".
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Will sure do! Thank you ndunn!! 8-)

I shared his story in my poker forum. (I've been with that group for about 5 years or so, and know many of them very well...connecting with them on Skype, FB, and other stuff too)
When I showed Danny all the nice stuff people were saying, he made me thank them all individually, commenting back specifically to what they said, each and every one of them. :lol: ;)
I'll be doing the same here, I'm sure. :)
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Jellikit wrote:Will sure do! Thank you ndunn!! 8-)

I shared his story in my poker forum. (I've been with that group for about 5 years or so, and know many of them very well...connecting with them on Skype, FB, and other stuff too)
When I showed Danny all the nice stuff people were saying, he made me thank them all individually, commenting back specifically to what they said, each and every one of them. :lol: ;)
I'll be doing the same here, I'm sure. :)

Your very welcome. I hope you do tell Danny. This is one of the things in my life and my family we cherish. My children weren't teens yet but they enjoyed every second of it. Even at their age they knew what it was all about.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:14 pm

racer1 wrote:Give it a rest with your lame comparison of females as in this modern world of Motorsports only one driver is considered the most successful and that's Danica Patrick--look it up . She has beat and set new records and milestones from all the past females drivers by a mile, although regarding Shirley that's drag racing and not normally discussed in general terms of best female driver in motorsports history. Course most should know she had to pose for photo shoots and sexy pics as well back then to get known as her nickname Cha Cha and her sexy image she used as no one cared about whether she could drive or not back then until later.

Danica bested Guthrie and St James best finish of 9th at the Indy500 when she was a rookie starting 4th and finishing 4th and leading laps which vaulted her career and all her top 10's or better at the 500 is better then most male drivers can say. Danicas best finish is better then her boss now Tony S whos best finnish was 9th at the 500 as well. Bottom line is all Danicas records and milestones she has set had stood for up to 60 yrs so that says how tough its been for females to achieve much in motorsports. Also in todays world of much more competition and many more drivers in the field those females of yrs ago only shows Danicas achievements to be better. When Danica finished a best of 4th at Vegas in NNS she beat the female who had been 5th for over 50 yrs but as Dave Despain pointed out, that female was 10 laps down and he laughed about her finishing 5th back then saying there wasn't much competition back then compared to nowdays--just another example of the past vs the present..

Danica is the most successful woman in Motorsports and that's a fact so all of you living in denial and in the past your wasting your time with your lame comparisons to those females of the past whose achievments was from a different world of lessor entries and lessor talent--end of story. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Clueless aren't you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:41 pm

wolfgang wrote:
racer1 wrote:Give it a rest with your lame comparison of females as in this modern world of Motorsports only one driver is considered the most successful and that's Danica Patrick--look it up . She has beat and set new records and milestones from all the past females drivers by a mile, although regarding Shirley that's drag racing and not normally discussed in general terms of best female driver in motorsports history. Course most should know she had to pose for photo shoots and sexy pics as well back then to get known as her nickname Cha Cha and her sexy image she used as no one cared about whether she could drive or not back then until later.

Danica bested Guthrie and St James best finish of 9th at the Indy500 when she was a rookie starting 4th and finishing 4th and leading laps which vaulted her career and all her top 10's or better at the 500 is better then most male drivers can say. Danicas best finish is better then her boss now Tony S whos best finnish was 9th at the 500 as well. Bottom line is all Danicas records and milestones she has set had stood for up to 60 yrs so that says how tough its been for females to achieve much in motorsports. Also in todays world of much more competition and many more drivers in the field those females of yrs ago only shows Danicas achievements to be better. When Danica finished a best of 4th at Vegas in NNS she beat the female who had been 5th for over 50 yrs but as Dave Despain pointed out, that female was 10 laps down and he laughed about her finishing 5th back then saying there wasn't much competition back then compared to nowdays--just another example of the past vs the present..

Danica is the most successful woman in Motorsports and that's a fact so all of you living in denial and in the past your wasting your time with your lame comparisons to those females of the past whose achievments was from a different world of lessor entries and lessor talent--end of story. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Clueless aren't you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its all about her marketing & equipment. If these other women in stock car racing had Danicas equipment they would outshine what Danica has done in a stock car easily. So Danica can thank her small frame for her success, not her skill level. Those of us that pay attention to race car drivers know this without a shadow of a doubt. I also find it funny you discount any women drivers from other motorsports as if that takes less to be champion or win. What Shirley did was amazing. She took on the greats like Big Daddy Don Garlits & she won a championship. Back in the old days in all forms of racing Skill played a bigger part & had a chance to beat money. Nowadays Money is King in motorsports! Also there is a female Motorcycle racer that has won a couple races & there is no way Racer you can say that takes less skill to win. So Danica is far from the best female racer. She is just the most marketable (as you & kyle well pointed out)
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:59 pm

when i was a kid in the late 70s early 80s Shirley was the real deal, she was one of the first women to transcend her sport, id say billie jean king was the first, and like SCH said, Shirley took on the big names of the sport and won...
I miss you Frehley........
<<

SweetKena14

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:15 pm

As I am brand new to this site (but not the online forum world), I hesitated for a bit before deciding to add my 2 cents in here, as it looks like this argument and others have been rehashed many times by the 'regulars'..lol. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
But I have to say, that although I appreciate any woman who makes in-roads into a 'man's game' so to speak, I have to agree that Danica's success seems to be mainly derived from her marketability, rather than pure talent. It sure doesn't hurt that she looks good in skimpy clothes and has a relatively attractive face. The marketing machines, can (and have) do wonders with the material they have to work with. It's unfortunate, but money talks, and with her she's been given the opportunities that many women before her were not....because of her easy marketability. She's in the best eqipment money can buy, with out having to make her way through the ranks. Because she hasn't had to work her way up to the level she's at, we may never really know just how talented (or not) she is.
On one hand it is good for the sport, and has opened doors for other up and coming girls, yet on the other it is bad....are these girls going to have to fight harder to lose the stereo type that they need to look hot in a bikini in order to compete for a seat on a top tier team? That may sound naive and stupid, but I think it could be a legitimate concern. I guess I will just say I'd have less of a problem with Danica if she'd fought her way through the ranks, instead of popping up at the top. If she wants to be taken seriously, it has to be RESULTS that count. If she was a hairy bald man with her track record in both IRL and NASCAR, we all know she would NOT be driving full time for a top tier team. Just a thought from a newbie......
<<

HTower

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:26 pm

SweetKena14 wrote: Just a thought from a newbie......

Welcome to the website, glad you decided to finally register and post. 8-)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:29 pm

SweetKena14 wrote:As I am brand new to this site (but not the online forum world), I hesitated for a bit before deciding to add my 2 cents in here, as it looks like this argument and others have been rehashed many times by the 'regulars'..lol. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
But I have to say, that although I appreciate any woman who makes in-roads into a 'man's game' so to speak, I have to agree that Danica's success seems to be mainly derived from her marketability, rather than pure talent. It sure doesn't hurt that she looks good in skimpy clothes and has a relatively attractive face. The marketing machines, can (and have) do wonders with the material they have to work with. It's unfortunate, but money talks, and with her she's been given the opportunities that many women before her were not....because of her easy marketability. She's in the best eqipment money can buy, with out having to make her way through the ranks. Because she hasn't had to work her way up to the level she's at, we may never really know just how talented (or not) she is.
On one hand it is good for the sport, and has opened doors for other up and coming girls, yet on the other it is bad....are these girls going to have to fight harder to lose the stereo type that they need to look hot in a bikini in order to compete for a seat on a top tier team? That may sound naive and stupid, but I think it could be a legitimate concern. I guess I will just say I'd have less of a problem with Danica if she'd fought her way through the ranks, instead of popping up at the top. If she wants to be taken seriously, it has to be RESULTS that count. If she was a hairy bald man with her track record in both IRL and NASCAR, we all know she would NOT be driving full time for a top tier team. Just a thought from a newbie......

Well that was an excellent 1st post.
Welcome to the board.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
SweetKena14 wrote:As I am brand new to this site (but not the online forum world), I hesitated for a bit before deciding to add my 2 cents in here, as it looks like this argument and others have been rehashed many times by the 'regulars'..lol. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Well that was an excellent 1st post.
Welcome to the board.

ditto, nice to have another perspective on things... :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:05 pm

I like the Newbie! 8-) :mrgreen:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

SweetKena14

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:39 am

Thank you all for your kind words and warm welcome! :D
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:40 pm

WTG DANNY.....THIS WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE IF THERE WERE MORE "DANNY'S.......

Thanks for posting Jellikit!

SweetKena......welcome.. Your a brave soul to jump in. Enjoyed your post.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
Previous

Return to Danica