Hey Wolfgang

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:22 pm

Hey Wolfgang

is your real name Kyle Petty?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/ ... tucky.html

a Kyle Petty quote
I think she’s come a long way, but she’s still not a race car driver. And I don’t think she’s ever going to be a race car driver.”

She won’t ever be

(another interesting article)
ImageImageImage
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Re: Hey Wolfgang

I love my Kyle Petty since his cup days ... and prob always will ... but I have to politely disagree with him.

She IS a race car driver. Everyone that climbs into a car is a race car driver - even the the S & P'kers can write that down as occupation. LOL

I think what Kyle was meaning is... so far she has been playing it safe while bringing attention & money to the sport ... when she should be out there, going for broke every single week.

I'm quite sure that KP MUST KNOW that all her moves ( short of those ON the track ) are controlled by Tony. Who knows... maybe Tony told her at one race ... "just ride around and get the feel of it, don't race... just ride." That's just a made up example of some of the things that could be possible, that we, as fans aren't privy to.

We don't know what Tony tells her to do - go for it, be safe, keep the car in 1 piece .... do what you want .... but one thing is certain, he does, as owner tell her what to do... let us not forget that fact.

I disagree with Kyle and say she IS a race car driver. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Kyle has always been hard on Danica, but I doubt very very seriously Tony would ever tell one of his drivers to ride around & don't race. That is utter BS to me. if the aren't gonna race & try hard, don't climb into a race car! No way Tony would ever tell her that.

I more curious to Danica's response to Kyle's comments.

BTW I put KP in the Spencer category. They both try & say things for shock value so they can stay on TV.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:20 pm

kyle is more intelligent then spencer, he has been saying that stuff about danica the year before she even came to nascar, so for that i respect him for sayin that and not changing his view because the danicas might get mad at him, also i say kyle has more cred that spencer, spencer was hired to be a clown and make an ash of himself and he does it very well, were kyle share a lot of the history of the sport and frankly he has more to offer than someone like DW.
<<

racer1

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Kyle Petty is the last person to talk about being a race car driver for sure. He is the worst Petty ever to drive one and his long career is shamefull. He is a garbage mouth trying to get attention by his critisizing of drivers or nascar to get him that attention for sure, as whatever the popular stance is he takes the negative one to get attention. Course he may be mental as well as anyone see the Trackside where he made and sang a song for Danica when she was on? Not sure what else to say but he only keeps his job by being this type of wacco as his announcer skills are terrible and since TNT is using him as such, their ratings are way down by around 1 1/2 million viewers less then they were on Fox, course the entire TNT broadcast is amateur 3hrs+ for sure? It is ridiculous who the networks put in the broadcast booth these days--probably whoever will work the cheapest it seems as this is the last yr for TNT and Nascar. :lol: BTW I like Spencer as he may be annoying at times but he is honest for the most part with his comments.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Well Racer I found something I agree with you on. K. Petty is horrible on all the shows he is on. I cant stand that guy. However , like MJ said I do give him props for sticking to his guns on his opinion & not being a corporate puppet like most of that other with a microphone. Even though I cant stand listening to him.

As far as Jimmy Spencer, he isn't honest. he is hired to be a shock value rile people up clown. he is paid to act like that.
Bottom line Jimmy Spencer is an A$Shat. producers should be flicked in the nuts for having him on TV.
ImageImageImage
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:35 am

Oh dear .... I do seem to be odd man out here ... as I like & luv Danica, Kyle Petty AND Mr Excitement - Jimmy Spencer! Hee hee hee

Love Danica for her past "race car driver" experience and her showing up in Cup and riding with the boys. :-)

Kyle Petty was one of the first "commentators" ( who was also a race car driver) to speak his mind, in the early 90's. If you weren't there to see him bash down that wall .... well... check his past. Yeah he never did that great in racing... but he was entertaining & "outspoken" back then. (( Why do I suddenly feel old? LOL ))

As for Jimmy... ya either love him or hate him and I have luved him for a long time. Introducing "The Crying Towel Of The Week" was brilliant... and I miss him. :-)

But gentlemen... I digress... as we have gotten off track here ...

Schmoopy... I just made up a few possible examples of what an owner might tell a driver... kind of thing. Didn't mean to imply Tony would or had said that ... but the bottom line is... we do not know all that goes on or is said or told at SHR, was my point. :-)

I think Kyle Petty is accusing her of being one step above a start & parker, by saying she's not out there every week, going for broke, making impressive moves, etc. He thinks she's just riding safe for the money. I THINK. LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:25 am

smokieonefour wrote:Oh dear .... I do seem to be odd man out here ... as I like & luv Danica, Kyle Petty AND Mr Excitement - Jimmy Spencer! Hee hee hee

Love Danica for her past "race car driver" experience and her showing up in Cup and riding with the boys. :-)

Kyle Petty was one of the first "commentators" ( who was also a race car driver) to speak his mind, in the early 90's. If you weren't there to see him bash down that wall .... well... check his past. Yeah he never did that great in racing... but he was entertaining & "outspoken" back then. (( Why do I suddenly feel old? LOL ))

As for Jimmy... ya either love him or hate him and I have luved him for a long time. Introducing "The Crying Towel Of The Week" was brilliant... and I miss him. :-)

But gentlemen... I digress... as we have gotten off track here ...

Schmoopy... I just made up a few possible examples of what an owner might tell a driver... kind of thing. Didn't mean to imply Tony would or had said that ... but the bottom line is... we do not know all that goes on or is said or told at SHR, was my point. :-)

I think Kyle Petty is accusing her of being one step above a start & parker, by saying she's not out there every week, going for broke, making impressive moves, etc. He thinks she's just riding safe for the money. I THINK. LOL

I think he just goes over the top to get attention. I think he believes she will never be a "good" race car driver (in stock cars). In which I would agree with him. However to say someone at the cup level "isn't" a race car driver is insulting for anyone that races for a living at any level . He always looks for the headlines now that he is even more irrelevant.
I think her rebuttal would make a good cat fight, except I think she will end up taking the high road & ignoring his comments altogether. if Danica & KP got in a war of words I would root for Danica LOL

As far as how she drives. I don't think she takes it easy. I think she races as hard as "she" can. Just because a driver doesn't drive beyond their capabilities, doesn't mean they are just riding around or not trying. I believe she races as hard as she can but is smart not to do dumb overdriving. it just happens this is all she can do.

(Pssst. id I mention Spencer is an A$Shat :mrgreen: )
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:42 am

spencers claim to fame is punching kurt, you hear more about that then his two magical wins in the summer of 94,

as far as kyle bein the worst petty, thats is such a joke, he has 8 more wins than danica, and he will have 8 more wins when her career is said and done,

if kyle is such the evil person, he would not have started the "petty ride across america." that has been going for 20 years strong and not to mention the Victory Junction Gang camp in honor of his son Adam, so think about that before you call him the "worst" petty
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:53 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Kyle has always been hard on Danica, but I doubt very very seriously Tony would ever tell one of his drivers to ride around & don't race. That is utter BS to me. if the aren't gonna race & try hard, don't climb into a race car! No way Tony would ever tell her that.

I more curious to Danica's response to Kyle's comments.

BTW I put KP in the Spencer category. They both try & say things for shock value so they can stay on TV.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... :lol: You said Kyle...hard on...and Danica in the same sentence.... :lol: :shock:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

HTower

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I more curious to Danica's response to Kyle's comments.

I hope she completely ignores him, if she responds, she will simply be giving more press to his ridiculous comments. Overreacting by celebrities to the trolls in the media is rarely a good idea.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:03 pm

LOL
Danica thinks it is funny that he said she can qualify but cant race. She says she cant qualify for crap & things go much smoother in the race.

Think she did it smart. She addressed it, but kinda just made fun of it.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:50 pm

kinda like how people make fun of her..............
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:23 pm

Sorry,still laughing about the comment when Danica was found with a Ford rental car.The rental agent didn't want Danica to wreck a Chevy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:50 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^hahaha
Next

Return to Danica