FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

comments on last weeks wreck

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri May 31, 2013 4:54 pm

comments on last weeks wreck

Ricky Stenhouse Jr. found himself in the doghouse last Sunday not only with his girlfriend Danica Patrick, but also with his former car owner — and her current car owner — Tony Stewart.

Although Patrick believes that Brad Keselowski triggered the Lap 319 incident in the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Charlotte Motor Speedway — since he acknowledged not knowing he was three-wide with the Nos. 10 of Patrick and 17 of Stenhouse — she also took issue with Stenhouse running into her on Sunday night while racing for the beneficiary position after falling from the lead lap.

“At the end of the day, he probably could have gotten out of it because he was a couple laps down,” Patrick said. “But I get it, we’re always racing hard and he still made something of his day from a couple laps down. I get racing hard, but we were racing for the lucky dog. So we were going for it, too.”

Patrick ended up in the garage for repairs but returned to the track and finished 29th, 15 laps down. Stenhouse continued his course and finished 14th — but not before igniting the ire of Stewart, who blamed the rookie for blocking him.

Stewart told Sirius XM Racing after the race, "Ricky Stenhouse, I'd choke him right now if I could get to him and I love that kid like he’s family." Stewart threatened to “get out of bed early enough” and come to a rookie meeting to ascertain whether racing etiquette is still being taught.

When asked about the comment, Patrick replied with a laugh, “Don’t you want to choke your kids every now and again? Everybody wants to choke their kids or their dad or their son or their significant other at times. I think the comment came out of love, no doubt.”

Patrick said that if Stewart is traditionally hard on rookies, then she just “thanks the good Lord that I’m on his team.

“Tony wants to help teach the rookies and the rookies he respects and feels should get that time of day. If he didn’t think they were good, he wouldn’t try to help them because they won’t be around for long in his opinion.

“If there’s anyone out there that he says something about, it’s only because he knows they’re going to be around and he wants them to learn how to play the game the way he learned to play the game and he’s been here a long time and been very successful. It’s actually a good thing that he wants to help and he would speak up … you need to take care of those relationships or else they can bite you in the end.”

Patrick said that she was “a little bit upset” with Stenhouse after the race but the two made up on the ride home.

But this wasn’t their first on-track spat. Apparently, the couple agreed to disagree after Stenhouse took the competition four-wide at Talladega earlier this month and Patrick “was not a good recipient of that one.” But she believes it’s just something the drivers “have to deal with.”

Still, she also “understands” the human-interest side of the wreck considering that she and her significant other were both involved.

“He was part of the three-wide that made the accident, too, so it’s legitimately something you could ask,” Patrick said. “We’re just very honest. We keep things simple. We didn’t even talk about what we should say.

“The only thing to know is that we’re honest about the things that happen and it was a racing incident and we’re going to give our perspectives on what it was.”

With qualifying for Dover scheduled for Friday afternoon, Patrick is already looking ahead to this weekend’s competition. She’s optimistic considering that her teammates Stewart and Ryan Newman both scored top-10 finishes in the Coca-Cola 600, the first time Stewart-Haas Racing has posted multiple top 10s since Phoenix International Raceway in March. Patrick feels the team is gaining grip, “which will help out overall with the car and translate into speed.” But her crew chief Tony Gibson is quick to remind her that they’re still “only 30 percent there.

“We all respond to results on the track and the performance on the cars because that’s what we’re here for. To have a weekend like Charlotte — by no means are we running up front — but we’re better. I think everybody is a little bit more happy and excited.

“We expected it to come around because it is a good team and with Tony at the helm, he’s out there racing the cars, too. It was really just about being anxious about when it would happen. I feel like there’s some light at the end of the tunnel but we have to keep working.”
I miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri May 31, 2013 9:58 pm

Re: comments on last weeks wreck

I have no comment at this time!
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:23 am

She handled that very well. She's got "media savvy"...that's for sure.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:31 am

wolfgang wrote:I have no comment at this time!

im sure i will get busted for posting this.....
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:37 am

michaeljohn wrote:
wolfgang wrote:I have no comment at this time!

im sure i will get busted for posting this.....

Busted???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you've been STONE COLD busted by the Princess Police before. Why should this time be any different?? :lol: :P :shock:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:22 am

cuz i can never guess the mood they will be in.....
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:31 am

michaeljohn wrote:cuz i can never guess the mood they will be in.....

offer them a PAMPRIN and a hot water bottle next time. 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:53 pm

ya think that will work????
<<

kim92164

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:00 am

MJ, admit it you like to live dangerously, lol.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:46 am

kim, danger is my middle name...... :lol:
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:26 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:offer them a PAMPRIN and a hot water bottle next time. 8-)

I know who I would give it to, do I think it would work, probably not... :lol:

First time I have laughed all day...
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...

Return to Danica