FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica - The up and coming star

<<

msmallpiece

Post Tue May 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Danica - The up and coming star

Like it or not, Danica is a contender with the big names in NASCAR, give her time to build and hone her confidence, let her experience guide her and she'll deliver the goods. I believe in and support Danica all the way and I hope she keeps going and especially hope she ignores all the negativity and ignorance towards her as demonstrated here on a site that should be giving her support from her fans. She is part of the Stewart-Haas Team. Let's not forget that, if you can only bash her, it's because you fear her. Danica ROCKS! as does Tony and Ryan, they are a team, and teams help each other succeed not fail.
<<<<<<msmallpiece>>>>>>
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 pm

Re: Danica - The up and coming star

I've said before, I'm not a huge fan of hers, but when she does well, I'm happy for her. Her attitude has improved and her desire to learn are 2 key factors for her appeal now.

Being that last year was really her first full year in NASCAR, I think she'll continue to improve. It's good for the sport if she does well. The negative, nay-saying, old-timer fans may not like her, but there are just tons and tons of younger fans who love her. Yes, many of them are girls, but not all. And many of us oldies, both men and women, do support her.

Hopefully they've found some stuff to improve the cars this weekend with SHR, as they claim, so that she and the guys can start contending for some wins, or at least have some consistent top 10ish finishes.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue May 28, 2013 11:59 pm

we heard all this when she raced indy cars, and all she did was have a so so career there, personally i dont care if she wins 100 races and 10 championships, but lets not kid ourselves she is in cup because she has a sponsor, more power to her, i would have like to see her spend time in arca or the NW series, the only reason she finished top ten last year is because they were not counting points from the cup drivers, im not a fan of hers, doesnt mean i fear her, i think there are other woman who have more skills than her, but they get passed over cuz they dont have "the look." that is more insulting to woman they rather be taken serious on their performance.... people wanna complain that people here are rude, go to nascar.com foxsports.com izod indy page, they tear into her more there, so if it bothers you, start yor own fan page on FB, but if you want to debate the facts and not throw insults like racer1 and futureboy, im all for it, prove me wrong in my views, thats all i ever asked, but those two members i just mentioned, just hurt hate and insults, thats why most dont take this thread serious.

btw ya dont have to like all three to support a driver.
<<

HTower

Post Wed May 29, 2013 12:26 am

msmallpiece wrote:Like it or not, Danica is a contender with the big names in NASCAR,

Contender for what? Publicity? I agree. A championship? Not so much. Remember how Joey Logano was the greatest thing to happen since sliced bread when he started out? Where has his career gone since? And he started better than Danica has. Excellence in racing is not a guarantee. I will freely admit that she is a master at building a public image and fan base.

I want her to succeed, that way it will justify all of the hoopla that surrounds her.

What you call negativity and ignorance is nothing more than an adverse reaction to blind fan loyalty and demagoguery. If you can't admit that Patrick, or Stewart for that matter, has done wrong at times, many here will tune you out or simply take the opposite side of your argument.

That being said now, welcome to the site! You will find your racing stripes in the New Member section of the board.
<<

msmallpiece

Post Wed May 29, 2013 11:27 am

Jellikit wrote:I've said before, I'm not a huge fan of hers, but when she does well, I'm happy for her. Her attitude has improved and her desire to learn are 2 key factors for her appeal now.

Being that last year was really her first full year in NASCAR, I think she'll continue to improve. It's good for the sport if she does well. The negative, nay-saying, old-timer fans may not like her, but there are just tons and tons of younger fans who love her. Yes, many of them are girls, but not all. And many of us oldies, both men and women, do support her.

Hopefully they've found some stuff to improve the cars this weekend with SHR, as they claim, so that she and the guys can start contending for some wins, or at least have some consistent top 10ish finishes.

Good point, old school fans are great and all but NASCAR needs to attract new younger generation to the motorsport otherwise NASCAR will fall to the same as the home delivery of milk, iceman, soon postal service. NASCAR needs the next generation kids to sink their teeth into it and Danica is perfect for that, not just the young lads but the girls too! Great point!
<<<<<<msmallpiece>>>>>>
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed May 29, 2013 4:22 pm

From a "Break-that-Glass-Ceiling" woman's point of view -

Prior to Danica coming to SHR, I had loads of respect for her, for what she had already accomplished, in the racing world. Some of you stat people might point out stats in her career.... but from a "loves racing" female, her accomplishment was HUGE to me.

A few years ago, I hated all the "sex sells - Go Daddy" commercials. I felt it was beneath her, but also realized the tight hold a sponsor can have sometimes. Then the commercials started toning down the "sex sells" stuff and I was even happier for her, and she became more appealing, as a woman who can hold her own w/the boys with OUT all the "sex sells" luggage. To a LOT of female fans - young and old - that is huge.

When she came to SHR, I was extremely happy for her AND Tony. Yes, she did bring a big $$ sponsor... it's just a fact that can't be disputed - and I thought that was HUGE & GREAT for "SHR" as a team. I thought the idea of Tony taking her under his wing, to be a good thing. Like he was paying the sport back, by paying it forward.

Last year and this year - every race, every practice, every track, Tony is at the head of her moves. He personally picked her races last year - and she caught some flack about being in those races, not being in others .... and that was ALL Tony decisions - not hers.

What I don't understand around here, is ... why aren't we Danica fans allowed to cheer her, here?

Yes I understand, and have defended for yrs now the "everyone can post anything" thing - but why does this site have a bad rep for Danica fans? We, as a group, have gotten thru "negative opinions are just as allowed as the positive" before ... but where is the 'hate' coming from ? We had nay sayers in Tony & Ryan blogs before and worked it out ... but the Danica blogs seem so much worse. Why ?

Yes, I am a fan of hers .... yes I do have a sense of humor regarding the haters. PSP - Princess Sparkle Pony, being one of the funniest. Sorry for laughing at a joke made against her, but I think it's funny and no harm, no foul. But some people have gone over the edge a time or two ...kwim?

I do believe, under SHR mgmt she has the potential to be an up and coming star... and I want to be able to say, "I was a fan from her start" ( in NASCAR ) :-)

But now I have to wonder and ask out loud ... if Danica has received bad treatment on an SHR team board... what does that hold for Kevin ? ?

This whole "add a new driver" thing is going to start all over and we, at this site, will get a lot of Kevin fans signing on. I just hope that we as a group, get it together by then and can rock & roll, move & groove with the change. ( addition ) I can always hope so, anyway. :-) ( hope is free )
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 29, 2013 4:30 pm

smokie, you know me, i like a good debate more than anyone, but im not gonna change my style of debating, i always say to the danica fans "debate me, make me see the great qualities." instead i just get dumped on for bein a slug, mean person, im sure there are a few more but when futureboy and racer reply, its kinda like charlie brown's teacher if she wrote out her mumbles........ mumumumumumumumumumumumumu, instead of debate that just wanna sling mud at anyone who doesnt agree with them, that is the sad thing about the danica forum.....
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 29, 2013 4:31 pm

plus rochelle makes me say this stuff....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed May 29, 2013 5:17 pm

ugh, tattletale... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 29, 2013 5:51 pm

rochelle it is time to come clean and stop making me do the dirty work here...... ;)
<<

msmallpiece

Post Wed May 29, 2013 7:30 pm

Debating is one thing but I think in Danica's case she needs nurturing, her stats are what they are, they are rookie stats and in time those too will get better, I just think that if she is reading these harsh comments it might put her off racing and that should not be the objective of everyone here. We are all on SHR site for a reason, to chat and comment on this team, should not be to bash the team. My 2 cents!
<<<<<<msmallpiece>>>>>>
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 29, 2013 7:48 pm

you think she is the only driver that gets negative feed back on the internet, even their own boards? go read the ryan and tony threads, where i like ryan newman, i wont hold back my thoughts about how crappy his team has been, also JJ is my fav driver and you should read the crap that goes on his site and on twitter, if any driver gets effected by what people on the internet write, maybe they shouldnt be driving.....
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed May 29, 2013 7:52 pm

michaeljohn wrote:you think she is the only driver that gets negative feed back on the internet, even their own boards? go read the ryan and tony threads, where i like ryan newman, i wont hold back my thoughts about how crappy his team has been, also JJ is my fav driver and you should read the crap that goes on his site and on twitter, if any driver gets effected by what people on the internet write, maybe they shouldnt be driving.....

I don't like JJ at all, but I like the way he plays with the bashers on his twitter account. :mrgreen: I think he is funny.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 29, 2013 8:13 pm

ya he has fun, but sometimes he gets mad very quickly, but that comes with the territory no matter who the driver is.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed May 29, 2013 10:08 pm

Sorry,can't stop laughing "The up and coming star",Danica who or where is more like it! :?
Next

Return to Danica