FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

a request for you

<<

endoflifenurse

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 am

a request for you

Danica, I am a 56 YO fan of yours ! I have a serious request snd it is hard for me to ask it. My wife and I have been married 12 years a week before our wedding she was diagnosed with MS that didn't chance a thing we were married and happy, 3 years ago she became wheelchair dependent and now uses a power chair. We had been able to go to Pocono for the last 3 years, renting an accessable RV. over the last year I became unemployed and have been out of work as a Hospice nurse. You are her hero! and I know she would love to meet you and see you WIN at the Tricky Triangle. Your Daytona Pole and finish was the first time in months I have seen her smile and yell "You Go Girl" My request is would it be possible for you to send Barbara an autographed picturez? She always say "Girls can do things too" and she still does parent advocacy for children with disabilities in spite of the MS and shares you attitude of not just doing but being the best! We will miss Pocono this year but will be glued to the TV (as we are for all the races) and look forward to you takeing the checkers!

Best of luck for you and your Team this year
Joe and Barb K.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:08 pm

Re: a request for you

So sorry to hear about your wife and unemployment situation. From what we've seen on this website the last 4 years, none of the drivers participate in these forums. You may want to contact her website directly.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

futura64

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Check your private messages.
BudmaninTx
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:22 am

My hat is off to you. I hope you find employment soon. My father had MS so I am familiar with your wife's health struggles. I'm glad that Danica Patrick can make her bubble over with enthusiasm.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:41 pm

Welcome Joe and Barb :-)

So sorry to hear of your personal troubles. I think Hospice nurses are hero's. :-)

Tell Barb ( just to see if she'll get a giggle out of it - re "Girls can do things too" - )

that Ginger Rogers did EVERYTHING that Fred Astaire did... only she did it backwards and in high heels. ;-)

Hope you hear from Danica! :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:08 pm

it would be nice if the webmaster passed on the message..... good luck....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

#14smokefan

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:03 am

Blessings to you Joe and Barb! May you find employment and I pray that Barb gets her wish to meet her! I'm sure it would do wonders for both of you! God Bless! :)

Return to Danica