FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Patrick won't run Indianapolis 500

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:03 am

Patrick won't run Indianapolis 500

Several people familiar with her plans told The Associated Press that Danica Patrick has decided against trying to run in Indianapolis 500 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway next May because it would detract from her NASCAR efforts. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because Patrick has not officially announced her intentions. "There's nothing I can say at this time," Patrick told the AP on Saturday at Phoenix International Raceway.(Associated Press)(11-11-2012)

im slightly impressed, she is actually thinking of not puttin her needs first and thinking about he real job. maybe this is a way to save face, because there are no legit indy rides out there.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Patrick won't run Indianapolis 500

If she's able to do & stay doing well in NASCAR, she needs to be able to do well first before even thinking about looking for an 500 ride. I'm not so sure it's really out of her mind if things work out & she's offered a ride for it next yr.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:33 pm

its one thing to do it if your accomplished at nascar, than i say go for it, but look at all the men that tried and how at the end of the night some got sick, it might be worse for her, just cuz of her size, personally its not worth it, make a name in nascar for a couple years, then go for it...
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

palino_s

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:07 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
im slightly impressed, she is actually thinking of not puttin her needs first and thinking about he real job. maybe this is a way to save face, because there are no legit indy rides out there.

Blah blah. No legit rides? 7 months before race..

Zippys comment:
"I lived through it twice with one of the greatest racers I've ever seen, and trying to run both of those races is just stupid. She needs to focus on the Cup car if that's what she wants to do. If she's here to be in NASCAR, then she needs to be here focused on NASCAR."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2012/11/10/danica-patrick-wont-run-2013-indianapolis-500-report/1697029/
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42

Return to Danica