FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica At RCR In Nationwide ???

<<

DanicaFan

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:10 am

Danica At RCR In Nationwide ???

Tomorrow is Danica Patrick's last race in the JR Motorsports #7 car.

And JR Motorsports and Danica have not reached any agreement on a part-time schedule. They are focused on the full-time contracts of Regan Smith in the #5 and Cole Whitt in the #7.

Richard Childress Racing has talked with Danica and she may possibly be driving for him in 8-10 Nationwide races next year. She might share the #33 car with Ty Dillon or possible a different car just for her.

This would be weird... Danica in a #33 car... Im still trying to get used to the #10..lol
<<

racer1

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: Danica At RCR In Nationwide ???

Yeh--JRM is clueless it seems how they are approaching all this. Its doubtfull they will find FT sponsorship for Whitt, not that he doesnt deserve it of course, but JRM has struggled with sponsors like other teams for yrs when running more then one car--so good luck with that? Also taking Whitt out of his 88 car is just stupid for the sole reason as they reported, that mr EGO, Dale JR is demanding his own car number to run a whole 4 races PT for the team--good grief. JR hasnt won anyway for them in a long time so why bother doing 4 races messing up Whitt? However it is HIS team to mess up and sis Kelly will bow down to him like she always does as he chooses so--good luck with that as well. I think JRM is wanting more money for Danica so they can cover their lack of sponsors elsewhere in the team and that may be why they havent reached a deal? I do like what the CC Pemberton working with Danica has been able to achieve with her in a few short races and would like to se more of that. It was reported a yr or so ago about Danica doing the PT cup races and going to cup in 2013, that JRM was NOT happy about her only running one FT season with them for obvious reasons, the Godaddy & other sponsors money. Oh well--Danicas main priority will be the cup racing anyway although i would like to see her run the twisties next yr in NNS as she is pretty good at those. 8-)

Apparently the main conflict is the races she wants to run etc but who knows what else? Found this link today about all this: http://espn.go.com/espnw/more-sports/86 ... 7-numbered

Danica at RCR maybe--crazy? Since her brand is the #7 and or #10 that will be strange but cup guys jump back & forth PT into NNS in different cars all the time, so no big deal in the big picture probably. Course the RCR cars are FAST and we know that as they are the ones winning afterall in NNS along with Rousch or Penski so cant be worse then JRM? Guess we'll see if she goes to those lousy used worn out cars at RCR that they are giving poor Johanna Long--had to say it--kidding of course. :roll: ?
Last edited by racer1 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

HTower

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Is GoDaddy going to sponsor Patrick's Sprint Car and Nationwide car?

You would think it would be have gotten done already at JRM if the sponsors were lined up at the door trying to get on her car.
<<

racer1

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:58 pm

"You would think it would be have gotten done already at JRM if the sponsors were lined up at the door trying to get on her car."

Read the link I added as it explains more. Danica wants what SHE wants, mainly the races she wants to run conflict with what JRM drivers want to run etc, mainly splitting time with JR, but I certainly doubt its about sponsors, except as noted for JRM to get for their other drivers for sure. Surprised to hear from the article that RCR apparently likes and wants her, shows something I'd say and they do have the FAST cars. I'd be excited about this maybe? :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:07 pm

I think that would be interesting.
Not so much because of car #'s or any of that. But running ECR engines in nationwide & HMS engines in cup.
Think Dale Jr is dumb, if it is just because of the races he wants to run. I would imagine she would have her races paid for when she runs NW races. Never thought Dale Jr was a very good business man.
I kinda hope she does go to RCR for the NW races. that would teach Dale Jr LOL. be weird though to see GO Daddy on two differnt cup owners cars, even though one team is a NW team. That doesnt happen all that often anymore.
She has close to 2 full seasons under her belt now so the 3rd season would be the tell tell sign if she was running full time. I think if she was smart she would jump ship to RCR in the NW series.

Then in 2 years if RC was smart he could try & steal her from SHR. He would have the Dillion boys, & Menard & Danica with guarenteed sponsors to help pay the bills for the grandsons :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Danica and RCR,sorry i can't stop laughing!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:05 am

wolfgang wrote:Danica and RCR,sorry i can't stop laughing!

I think Danica for Harvick is a fair trade :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:09 am

its actually kelly who runs jrm and if Jr wants to run races and they conflict with whats her name, oh well, Jr doesnt have a hard time finding sponsors :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

kim92164

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:52 am

Maybe with JRM letting Pops go who was Danica's crew chief was a first sign of not resigning her.

Return to Danica