FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica could be cut from GoDaddy advertising

<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:58 am

Danica could be cut from GoDaddy advertising

Caution lights are flashing for racing star Danica Patrick's lucrative gig with Go Daddy. The advertising future of Go Daddy's go-to girl appears to be in limbo as Go Daddy is about to announce the hiring of a new ad agency, Deutsch NY, which will have freedom to drop the sexy racing star from the Web domain company's Super Bowl ad lineup. Patrick, 30, has starred in more Super Bowl spots - 10 - than any other celebrity, including Michael Jordan and Cindy Crawford. Overall, she's appeared in 22 Go Daddy commercials since 2007 and is believed to earn upwards of $1 million annually for those commercial efforts. But Patrick has not appeared in a Go Daddy spot for months, and the company says it has no current plans to feature her in any spots at least through January. "The question at hand is: Is she in the Super Bowl or not?" says Barb Rechterman, chief marketing officer at Go Daddy. "What we're trying to do is redefine sexy to be a small-business owner running a successful business. So we want to explore options of how we make our advertising new." Patrick's Q Score, which tracks likability, has recently been heading south, falling from 29 in 2010 to 19 in 2012. The average race car driver rates a 13 Q Score. "It raises a warning signal to evaluate the strength of her emotional connection with consumers," says Henry Schafer, executive vice president at The Q Scores Co.(USA Today)
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

DanicaFan

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Danica could be cut from GoDaddy advertising

I knew someone would post this...lol

This topic has been blowing up my Twitter and Facebook pages.

Dont buy into this hype. Danica has helped make GoDaddy into the successful company it is now.
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:22 pm

I was just reading that on Jayski. I'm actually a bit surprised. Maybe her popularity from Indy is not transferring to NASCAR. Then again, maybe the lack of using her in the "sexy" commercials had more to do with her popularity than her racing. Personally, I thought those commercials were anything but sexy, but that's from a woman's perspective. And before you think my post is sour grapes, think again. I had more than a few guys drooling over my body at her age and actually older. Was I flattered? A bit, but was more disgusted than anything at the shallowness and lack of maturity that it showed.

Time for the "Danica Defense" to step in. BTW, I have you blocked so I won't see or care what you post. In any case, that's my "take" on this.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:25 pm

go daddy was successful before she came along, if they werent, they wouldnt have had the cash to sponsor her, they both have gained something from the partnership, its not one sided....
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:36 pm

DanicaFan wrote:I knew someone would post this...lol

This topic has been blowing up my Twitter and Facebook pages.

Dont buy into this hype. Danica has helped make GoDaddy into the successful company it is now.

I mean no offense to you personally, but telling us to not buy into this hype is really no one's choice but our own. I don't disagree she helped, but nothing lasts forever and whether it's over or not, is yet to be seen.

Of course someone is going to post pretty much anything to do with any of the SHR drivers. But the fact that she has some rabid fans on here that think she can do no wrong and blast anyone that has a different opinion, causes tension and childish name calling. I'm not including you as one of her rabid fans as you don't call people names or haters.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

DanicaFan

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:45 pm

@Rochelle

Thanks. Yeah I am probably her biggest fan and I have, and always will defend her. She is just plain awesome. ;)

But I will never resort to name calling and hate. I get enough of that for being a fan of Danica.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:16 pm

by me putting this was not my intention to get all the danica fans wound up, but i can think of two off hand that will throw insults, the reason i posted this is because of go daddys change in direction since the have new owners and if they are thinking about this change, maybe sponsorship change isnt that far off,and like rochelle said, if it has to do with SHR, it will be posted, whether its good or bad.
<<

racer1

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:17 pm

I figured this artcle would draw attention but its not what it seems as its not new. Heres an old article from June this yr--same ole thing basically saying Godady is trying to go in a different direction then sexy but?:
http://todaynewsgazette.com/change-ahea ... daddy-ads/

Facts:

1--Godaddy was sold over 3 yrs ago when the co, was thriving under Bob Parsons who built the co. from scratch and he signed Danica as she was hugely popular and helped them grow and helped her as well with sponsorship for whatever she wanted to do.
2--Then Parsons started taking a backseat finally although its said he still is on the board. Then this new marketing gal Barb started taking charge thinking she knew better then the man who built the co. and decided to stop the sexy adds and that meant not using Danica.
3--This Barb gal started using more Indycar adds with Mario and the driver Hinchcliff who hardly anyone knew anyway, putting him on their homepage but that did NOT work for long as they lost hits and sales, so they put Danica back on their homepage.
4--Then they hired this new marketing/advertising co. to change Godaddys image away from the sexy adds and they created the IN/OUT anti-sexy adds we see now. Now see link above for similar article only several months ago--same ole --same ole regarding using or not using Danica?
5--This article today now is nothing more then a re-has of the prevous press release mentioning Danica, once again, in a lame effort by Godaddy to draw more attention to their now struggling co. suggesting they may not use her AGAIN in their commericals etc, when in FACT--they havent used her ALL yr and maybe partly WHY their sales are dropping?
6--Bottom line Godaddy just isnt what it used to be under Parsons the founder, and the only reference Godaddy can use to draw attention is Danica--even when they arent using her--Hello.
8--Ok--dont know about a Q score or dont care but since Danica hasnt been in any Godaddy adds all yr then how can they get an accurate Q score for her regarding them? Besides her Q score is still much higher then the average Nascar driver so who cares--look up Dale Jr's??
9--Danica has many other new sponsors who ARE using her and happy about it apparently. She is the first female driver to ever represent Coke in their Coke Zero campaign and thats something.

Link to another story on this today perhaps with more insight: http://markets.cbsnews.com/cbsnews/news ... D=22529193

For the Danica haters/naysayers they are loving this, but this is like all Godaddy crap --you dont do a press release saying you arent going to use Danica when they havent used her all yr Anyway--hello!! Its another feable attempt at PR as usual for Godaddy as they are LOST and dont have a clue what to do?.

I said long ago when they tried all their Indycar crap and ignoring Danica that didnt work, that Danica needs to get OUT of Godaddy and their sleezy image as many rumors have suggested that as well in the past.

Bottom line---with Danica and her commercials Godaddy WAS thriving and NOW--having NOT used her ALL yr they are in serious trouble losing sales--end of story. ALL things change in life and Danica will be fine--regardless--as she already has more then most. 8-)

BTW--we'll know more when we see what kind of contract SHR has for her as I believe this article is simply more Godaddy PR crap and Hot air as they are showing they really have no clue what to do?. :roll:

Edited to add links with more facts and info.
<<

gkbacb

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:10 pm

racer1 wrote:I figured this artcle would draw attention but its not what it seems as its not new. Heres an old article from June this yr--same ole thing basically saying Godady is trying to go in a different direction then sexy but?:
http://todaynewsgazette.com/change-ahea ... daddy-ads/

Facts:

1--Godaddy was sold over 3 yrs ago when the co, was thriving under Bob Parsons who built the co. from scratch and he signed Danica as she was hugely popular and helped them grow and helped her as well with sponsorship for whatever she wanted to do.
2--Then Parsons started taking a backseat finally although its said he still is on the board. Then this new marketing gal Barb started taking charge thinking she knew better then the man who built the co. and decided to stop the sexy adds and that meant not using Danica.
3--This Barb gal started using more Indycar adds with Mario and the driver Hinchcliff who hardly anyone knew anyway, putting him on their homepage but that did NOT work for long as they lost hits and sales, so they put Danica back on their homepage.
4--Then they hired this new marketing/advertising co. to change Godaddys image away from the sexy adds and they created the IN/OUT anti-sexy adds we see now. Now see link above for similar article only several months ago--same ole --same ole regarding using or not using Danica?
5--This article today now is nothing more then a re-has of the prevous press release mentioning Danica, once again, in a lame effort by Godaddy to draw more attention to their now struggling co. suggesting they may not use her AGAIN in their commericals etc, when in FACT--they havent used her ALL yr and maybe partly WHY their sales are dropping?
6--Bottom line Godaddy just isnt what it used to be under Parsons the founder, and the only reference Godaddy can use to draw attention is Danica--even when they arent using her--Hello.
8--Ok--dont know about a Q score or dont care but since Danica hasnt been in any Godaddy adds all yr then how can they get an accurate Q score for her regarding them? Besides her Q score is still much higher then the average Nascar driver so who cares--look up Dale Jr's??
9--Danica has many other new sponsors who ARE using her and happy about it apparently. She is the first female driver to ever represent Coke in their Coke Zero campaign and thats something.

Link to another story on this today perhaps with more insight: http://markets.cbsnews.com/cbsnews/news ... D=22529193

For the Danica haters/naysayers they are loving this, but this is like all Godaddy crap --you dont do a press release saying you arent going to use Danica when they havent used her all yr Anyway--hello!! Its another feable attempt at PR as usual for Godaddy as they are LOST and dont have a clue what to do?.

I said long ago when they tried all their Indycar crap and ignoring Danica that didnt work, that Danica needs to get OUT of Godaddy and their sleezy image as many rumors have suggested that as well in the past.

Bottom line---with Danica and her commercials Godaddy WAS thriving and NOW--having NOT used her ALL yr they are in serious trouble losing sales--end of story. ALL things change in life and Danica will be fine--regardless--as she already has more then most. 8-)

BTW--we'll know more when we see what kind of contract SHR has for her as I believe this article is simply more Godaddy PR crap and Hot air as they are showing they really have no clue what to do?. :roll:

Edited to add links with more facts and info.

Just curious but where is fact #7 ? You seem to know alot more "FACTS" then the rest of us so i'm sure you can make one up please, i just don't feel completed missing lucky #7

Return to Danica