FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica HYPE

<<

futura64

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Danica HYPE

"Hype" would be defined as media coverage. I have actually seen forum posts stating, "I don't like Danica because of all the HYPE." If you think about it, that is a totally illogical statement. Media coverage is not something she has a lot of control over. I suppose there are legitimate reasons for not liking her, but hype is not one of them.

Here's what Tony had to say about that a couple of years ago.

-----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLckbupj8Qo

As I said, she has little control over that, but it does require a bit of management to keep from being overwhelmed. That is where Haley comes in. Haley is Danica's friend, confidant, advisor and most importantly, her media rep. If you keep a sharp eye out you will sometims catch a glimpse of her on camera at the track.

Have a look

-----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haKW2Vm3pEE
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: Danica HYPE

Very cool as Ive never saw that interview with Haley although Ive known about her for yrs of course but never all her duties, and explains things probably more than most people ever knew about Danicas hectic life or moreso career? All good----thanks. 8-) Have to wonder what Haleys salary is for all she does, but its probably VERY good? :)
<<

futura64

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:24 pm

One of Haley's more memorable moments was at the 2008 Indy 500 when Briscoe took out Danica. After Danica gets out of the car and starts down pit road, you see Haley come running after her. Then you can almost read her mind, like "Oophs, I don't have the credentials be on this side of the wall." Its interesting to watch.

Take a look -----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuNbnBdaEmU
BudmaninTx
<<

futura64

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:31 am

Back to the subject of "Hype" -----

Media coverage is driven to a great degree by a driver's popularity. An attempt to quantify a driver's fan base would be difficult, expensive and time consuming. There is one indicator however, that is quick, easy and free. It can't be used to determine the size of a fan base since only a small percentage of fans actually participate, but it can be used to compare relative sizes of fan bases. Media and marketing types keep an eye on it. Most drivers use it. What is it? Twitter. Fans "follow" their favorite drivers. The numbers are displayed at each individual's account.
BudmaninTx
<<

futura64

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:28 am

............. and this is how it all started.

-----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6X8E5sDhfk

-----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJIx0suSFj0
BudmaninTx
<<

futura64

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:26 pm

.......... Resulting in this ----->

D-atIndy05. [640x480].jpg
D-atIndy05. [640x480].jpg (85.01 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
BudmaninTx

Return to Danica