FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Regan Smith ruins a career night for Danica

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:49 pm

Regan Smith ruins a career night for Danica

She was having top 20 run. For any rookie at Bristol that is good. Then Regan (who was in more than one incident) decided to be Danica's Montoya. I love that Danica showed her displeasure with Regan and her quote is one oft he best quotes that I have heard about Bristol (goes right up there with Mayfield's). Before that she was on the lead lap and not a scratch on her car. She is finally getting this by the looks of of things. No reason to believe that next season she couldn't be at least a top 20 driver.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Regan Smith ruins a career night for Danica

i wouldnt call it ruined, everyone makes mistakes on that track, its a given, yea she did good racing the big boys, but everyone was bumping and banging, its to be expected that people will get dumped, but thats me, i know to expect that, so im not set up for dissapointment
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:50 pm

This was still an effort she can be proud of. Didn't bring the results they wanted but I'm sure she learned a lot and seems to be improving
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:41 pm

"FINGER WAVING"..... 10 from the Russian Judge......
Zippy probably told her to leave the Helmet in the car ;)

Danica, Don't let them push you around!!! Give them an inch and they will take a mile!!!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Yea, afterall we can't have all the SHR drivers reacting the same. They must all react differently to keep it interesting.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

racer1

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Just popped in out of boredom to see the comments on Danica's Bristol races. She did a good job in both races for sure, mainly staying out of all the wrecks she avoided in the NNS race, driving to a good finish of 9th. She did a good job in the Cup race, mainly staying out of trouble and her spotter telling her when to just let certain drivers go like Kurt Busch who the spotter said "look at his car, just let him go" rather then racing them too hard leading to a wreck which happenned anyway late in the race. so much for that, but a good job being thats its Bristol as the Nascar hosts & anylists said "You cant fake Bristol, its a drivers track" end of story..

Some fun facts mentioned on other forums--who wouldve thought Danica would finish better then Brad K and Hornish etc in both races--LMAO--and finished 2nd out of the 3 SHR cars--oops--shouldnt have rubbed that in but its fun given who most the posters are always dissing her for any reason--facts are facts> Have a good day. 8-)
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:53 pm

Racer 1..... good to hear from you......I love Danica's spotter, don't know who he is but he really helps her navigate through traffic.....I think those two are a great match. She did much better than I think anyone thought at Bristol....I hope Regan Smith at least apologized to her......
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Didn't understand that incident anymore than Bobby Labonte taking out BK as both Smith and Labonte are clean drivers? Will say i was impressed by her performance up till that point and would have liked to see where she could have finished.The finger waving was alot more desireable than ruining a perfectly good helmet. :mrgreen:
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:20 pm

wolfgang wrote:Didn't understand that incident anymore than Bobby Labonte taking out BK as both Smith and Labonte are clean drivers? Will say i was impressed by her performance up till that point and would have liked to see where she could have finished.The finger waving was alot more desireable than ruining a perfectly good helmet. :mrgreen:

I agree. For those that wanted a different Bristol, this is what you get. Although I probably would have waved a different finger :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to Danica