All things Danica
Post a reply

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:47 am

gkbacb wrote:she is not ready for cup, i dont think she was really ready for NW either, she should've started in the ARCA series, or at very least trucks, imo she doesn't know how to handle such a heavy car, higher center of gravity, i personally think she doesn't understand the physics of a cup or NW car, so very different from open wheel, i've been really disappointed with her since she came to NASCAR, at least in ARCA or trucks, she would have a better chance of not just running laps, but actually competeing

bravo, you nailed it, many good drivers have come to nascar and went to arca or truck, and that would have only benefited her, look at nelson piquet, never drove nascar, started in truck and has proven himself to be a good stock car driver, and one road course in nw and wins it, that is talent, i personally think she is in over her head, but because she has a sponsor she is going cup racing, and that is what today's nascar is, as long as you got the financial backing, your in, talent is only a small part of the equation these days.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:14 am

she sounds so unsure of herself when doing pre-race interviews also, i'm tired of hearing "Were just gonna go out there and try to stay in top 20, and just log some laps." Enough already, put the pedal down and go balls out, this is racing.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:34 am

people here think im to hard on her or critical of her, and the truth is i am, when you take away the cup drivers in a NW race, you have maybe 6-8 drivers with talent, and when you mix that with your comment that she is happy for a top 20 is a joke, Jo long, talented girl, only 20 she runs top 20 every week in lesser equipment and avoids crashing, but Jo's last name isnt patrick and she will probably soon be forgotten about, and i feel is more talented than danica,

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:16 am

i completely agree MJ, Patrick is way overrated, i would much rather see Jo Long race in cup, or a least given a chance to do so

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Personally,i want to see Jennifer Jo Cobb,i don't know about the racing part,i just want to see her. ;)
BTW,i also agree with MJ as i pretty much have all along on the Danica issue and there are a few who don't agree with us,but we know best. :lol:
Post a reply