All things Danica
Post a reply

Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Based on her performance at Road America, wonder if she can duplicate a similar performance at the Glen. With more cup drivers being there it might be harder though. How did you think she will fair? I think she will be running anywhere from 5th to 10th Saturday.

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:55 pm

well...... her last two laps on a RC, she has two wrecks now! (yes I know neither were her fault)

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:59 pm

That was just bad racing luck. Her race never got started.

On to Montreal I guess.

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:27 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:That was just bad racing luck. Her race never got started.

On to Montreal I guess.



Just like Jeff Gordon, this too will change! Just keep the faith.... :)

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:30 pm

I think many drivers could have avoided what "happened" to her. I've watched the replay several times and I don't buy "She had no place to go." She has brakes. She has a steering wheel. You can use brakes and the steering wheel at the same time and avoid what happened to her. I don't think she was looking at where he was when he drove into the grass. Had she been looking where he went, I think she could have avoided that collision. Just my 2 cents but I think a more experienced driver would have finished that race.

I want so much to support her but I wouldn't if she was a male driver so I guess if I'm not going to be sexist, I can't say that I respect her driving skills. She just hasn't proved to me that she belongs in the Sprint Cup series. Not yet anyway.

In fact, I think I'll avoid this thread altogether and stick with my 39 and 14 drivers who are ultra talented and easy to support.

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:40 am

tlmerk wrote:I think many drivers could have avoided what "happened" to her. I've watched the replay several times and I don't buy "She had no place to go." She has brakes. She has a steering wheel. You can use brakes and the steering wheel at the same time and avoid what happened to her. I don't think she was looking at where he was when he drove into the grass. Had she been looking where he went, I think she could have avoided that collision. Just my 2 cents but I think a more experienced driver would have finished that race.

I want so much to support her but I wouldn't if she was a male driver so I guess if I'm not going to be sexist, I can't say that I respect her driving skills. She just hasn't proved to me that she belongs in the Sprint Cup series. Not yet anyway.

In fact, I think I'll avoid this thread altogether and stick with my 39 and 14 drivers who are ultra talented and easy to support.


Denny Hamlin had same situation with Matt Kenseth last week..

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:07 am

Oh I agree totally, Timerk. Had she not been at Watkins Glen Saturday, and been in the kitchen where all women belong instead of on the track, she could have avoided that crash, RIGHT !?!

She had the line there, but I guess she could have stopped and powdered her nose, while she waited for him to slide on by, huh? It certainly wasn't his fault for sure, now was it. He was just racing along backward through the grass and up across the track, and along came that stupid #### and just crashed right into him, right ?

And what planet did you say you are from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYhm1V-huXQ

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:52 am

tlmerk wrote:I think many drivers could have avoided what "happened" to her. I've watched the replay several times and I don't buy "She had no place to go." She has brakes. She has a steering wheel. You can use brakes and the steering wheel at the same time and avoid what happened to her. I don't think she was looking at where he was when he drove into the grass. Had she been looking where he went, I think she could have avoided that collision. Just my 2 cents but I think a more experienced driver would have finished that race.

I want so much to support her but I wouldn't if she was a male driver so I guess if I'm not going to be sexist, I can't say that I respect her driving skills. She just hasn't proved to me that she belongs in the Sprint Cup series. Not yet anyway.

In fact, I think I'll avoid this thread altogether and stick with my 39 and 14 drivers who are ultra talented and easy to support.

Sorry Tracy. But I have to ask are you serious? This sounds like something MJ or Wolf would post.

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:10 pm

unlike you Sunshine14 i post reality, you have your lil fantasy world of jamie mac and danica, and in that world, you think they can drive, at least she lives up to her name "crash", she is in over her head, soon she will be proven a fraud, just like she was in the IRL, now that is something MJ or Wolf would post :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:09 pm

michaeljohn wrote:unlike you Sunshine14 i post reality, you have your lil fantasy world of jamie mac and danica, and in that world, you think they can drive, at least she lives up to her name "crash", she is in over her head, soon she will be proven a fraud, just like she was in the IRL, now that is something MJ or Wolf would post :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You saying how when Jac wrecked Danica that people were just bashing him and he did nothing wrong is reality then? You get high with AJ or something? You see you call me the kid to say that I am immature. Thing is one day I will be a full grown man and mature as all young adults do. If you are like this now you will always have the maturity of an eight year old ;). Most be lonely living like that isn't it?

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:unlike you Sunshine14 i post reality, you have your lil fantasy world of jamie mac and danica, and in that world, you think they can drive, at least she lives up to her name "crash", she is in over her head, soon she will be proven a fraud, just like she was in the IRL, now that is something MJ or Wolf would post :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You saying how when Jac wrecked Danica that people were just bashing him and he did nothing wrong is reality then? You get high with AJ or something? You see you call me the kid to say that I am immature. Thing is one day I will be a full grown man and mature as all young adults do. If you are like this now you will always have the maturity of an eight year old ;). Most be lonely living like that isn't it?


I beg to differ. As a somewhat mature woman, I've known quite a few men that never matured. I also have known a few women that haven't as well. Please don't take maturing as inevitable, I consider it a personal choice and sometimes I choose not to be :D

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:56 pm

Alright how about this?

One day I will be a full grown man and may choose to mature as all young adults are faced with.

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:54 pm

The only thing i'd like to say on her defense,Kyle or BK MIGHT have missed it and possably a few others,but dam few would have.Since this is a frequent thing, she has sure been racking up the frequent flyer no miles,so i'd say most would feel the way Tlmerk does don't yah think? :lol: OK,is this the typical Wolf or the typical Danica or both? :mrgreen:

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:59 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Alright how about this?

One day I will be a full grown man and may choose to mature as all young adults are faced with.

Till then,just keep being the sunshine pumper you are.

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:42 am

after watching todays race, i can see "crash" musta went to the jamie mac school of hard knocks...
Post a reply