FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:25 am

Re: Danica has a tough day finishes 18th

Qualifying isn't a huge deal. But the fact that it has improved is showing that she is getting better.
She is still learning and is going to struggle. Michigan was the first time she really drove a loose car and she looked like Hornish Jr back when he was in Cup.

The media covers Danica because she is a headliner. The fact of the matter there are many, many people outside of racing that do have an interest in her. That is why she gets the attention she gets. It gets annoying and all. But it is what it is. Just got to accept it. That is why I just remain misanthrope LOL.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

palino_s

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:57 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Hey Paulino, I was actually liking your points. the point that whitt did better at the plate tracks doesnt mean squat to me. so whitt being better there didnt hurt your point about Danica vs. Whitt.
Think you took my post as an attack when it wasnt.
Qualifying doesnt mean anything to the actual racing. When Ryan came into the sport qualifying well, he was also winning races.
Loy Allen came in & would get poles but would be garabage right after the green flag flew. So Loy Allen comes to mind when I am pointing out that doesnt mean anything.

I dont agree with everything you think, but atleast you bring substance to a debate. (unlike some)

& yes I think she is improving, but no, I am not impressed as everyone else is with her.

You shouldnt compare how the media is with all other drivers compared to Danica or Dale Jr.

you know that is a 1000% different senario.

Bottom line is I dont think you should use qualifying as a barometer on how she is doing in "racing"

you are more than capable of making certain points without it.

I dont write it is my barometer, I only write she is improve, for example in qualifying..

Loy Allen vs. Ryan Newman - Loy never had good car, Ryan have.. Point is one type drivers is much better in qualification than race.. Imho, Danica is average in qualifications, she is normally better in race and it is normally when teammate beates her in qualifications.. At this point she isnt because she still needs a lot to improve..

About media.. And? I read many articles, some stupid articles, for example author doesnt know when she made first race in Indianapolis or some writters dont know about racing.. Many writters or bloggers wrote article about Danica and they dont know some basic things Danica or about racing..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:59 pm

palino_s wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:Hey Paulino, I was actually liking your points. the point that whitt did better at the plate tracks doesnt mean squat to me. so whitt being better there didnt hurt your point about Danica vs. Whitt.
Think you took my post as an attack when it wasnt.
Qualifying doesnt mean anything to the actual racing. When Ryan came into the sport qualifying well, he was also winning races.
Loy Allen came in & would get poles but would be garabage right after the green flag flew. So Loy Allen comes to mind when I am pointing out that doesnt mean anything.

I dont agree with everything you think, but atleast you bring substance to a debate. (unlike some)

& yes I think she is improving, but no, I am not impressed as everyone else is with her.

You shouldnt compare how the media is with all other drivers compared to Danica or Dale Jr.

you know that is a 1000% different senario.

Bottom line is I dont think you should use qualifying as a barometer on how she is doing in "racing"

you are more than capable of making certain points without it.

I dont write it is my barometer, I only write she is improve, for example in qualifying..

Loy Allen vs. Ryan Newman - Loy never had good car, Ryan have.. Point is one type drivers is much better in qualification than race.. Imho, Danica is average in qualifications, she is normally better in race and it is normally when teammate beates her in qualifications.. At this point she isnt because she still needs a lot to improve..

About media.. And? I read many articles, some stupid articles, for example author doesnt know when she made first race in Indianapolis or some writters dont know about racing.. Many writters or bloggers wrote article about Danica and they dont know some basic things Danica or about racing..

All of which is what is so irrating. Those of us that grew up around racing isnt gonna be BS'd about how good she is, but we are forced to hear about how good she is everytime we turn on racing channel or look at a racing site. I agree with you she is improving. No matter how much the Media wants us to believe it, she is nothing special in a stock car right now. If she was a nobody male driver, & the media even noticed that said driver on the track, it would be to wonder if they were keeping their ride.
A lot of negative things said in Danica's direction really isnt meant to bash Danica, but to combat against the media driven frenzy. Which isnt her fault, & I could feel for those of you that are fans of hers, because the media to me makes things worse for her, not better.
I do wish I could make bets with the media, when they invent these boasts they make about her.

Thing is she shouldnt be good in a stock car, & the media should acknowledge that. She has what less than a seasons worth of races & not all at the same time either. She didnt come from a stock car back ground. If they took that approach then us race fans, that arent Danica fans could take the stance of, yeah but she is improving as a point. Vs. Media saying how great she is, & us race fans that arent danica fans, pointing all the reasons she isnt great.
Usually when we are stating things that arent a positive for Danica, it isnt to talk trash about her, but to call out the BS the media are trying to get everyone to believe.

Paulino the one thing I like about your posts, vs. alot of other danica fans, is your not just being defensive. You actually use thoughts to why you think the way you do, instead of just spouting off a stat or two that the media uses & say some crazy thing. You seem grounded in your debates.

Me personally, which I know you wont agree with (which is fine) I only seen one race where her driving impressed me. the race where she got back on the lead lap late, her CC saved a set of tires for late, so she had fresher rubber than the others, but she made some good moves, in what I think was the final ten laps or so (maybe less laps) She didnt run into anybody & even went three wide while moving forward driving very hard. Granted it wasnt a whole race, but new drivers easily get into people when they have better tires trying to get to the front with time running out. It did show she has driving skills that race even though it was a short stint. However that was the only race I saw impressive driving by her. Where as the media will say how great she drove a million times a weekend.

Anyhow I dont mind debating points with you, where as some of the Danica fans I just decide not to respond too. (just wastes everyones time)
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:15 pm

How much longer are some going to bring more attention to her by complaining about how much attention is brought to her?
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:24 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:How much longer are some going to bring more attention to her by complaining about how much attention is brought to her?

as long as the media is trying to force BS down our throats my friend.
I dont have anything against Dale Jr. but I cant stand hearing about him every other story either.
The one thing I do like about her, is she personally knows she isnt good in a stock car right now. She doesnt act like she is something she is not. Even when the media trys to portray her as such.

BTW I get a kick out of everytime she beats Pastrana.
ImageImageImage
<<

palino_s

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:20 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:How much longer are some going to bring more attention to her by complaining about how much attention is brought to her?

I dont have anything against Dale Jr. but I cant stand hearing about him every other story either.
The one thing I do like about her, is she personally knows she isnt good in a stock car right now. She doesnt act like she is something she is not. Even when the media trys to portray her as such.

no, becuase people is talking about her.. For example you look some articles about her and look how many comments people made.. Some articles have more than 2000 comments.. Half comments is same statement "She sucks." or funniest comment "Who cares?".

Some writters write also negative articles about her. For example Jeff Gluck, he didnt write article or on twitter about Dover race, but he wrote article about her collision with Hornish.. Whole article was Hornish statement about collision, he didnt talk with Danica and Brad Sweet..

Or Reutimann problem in Martinsville? He and other writters wrote stories about Danica.. She wasnt in Martinsville, but still it was her mistake..

Media isnt only positive, they also negative..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:27 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:

The thing about it is. The media is b.s. The push people down our throats, ask drivers stupid questions, taunt drivers. The media is bad. Danica is the most popular athlete in the world. Jr is one of the top five most popular athletes. So they are naturally going to talk about them more. It does get annoying (at Daytona it was like Danica 24/7). But hey the media says they do it because of conversations like this: people keep talking about her. Ryan Newman is a good driver. But he isn't a headliner or a conversation starter. The media is just messed up which is why I hate them so much.
RIP Dan Wheldon
Previous

Return to Danica