All things Danica
Post a reply

Danica ALL STAR?

Fri May 11, 2012 1:25 pm

I,m sure someone knows but i don't. Is danica going to attempt to run the all star race?

Re: Danica ALL STAR?

Fri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm

I've been hearing that she won't. But she will be in the Coca Cola 600. I think she should attempt the All Star race, she would get the fan vote pretty easily (yes she is more popular then Jr).

Re: Danica ALL STAR?

Fri May 11, 2012 2:53 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:I've been hearing that she won't. But she will be in the Coca Cola 600. I think she should attempt the All Star race, she would get the fan vote pretty easily (yes she is more popular then Jr).

Jr is already in the all star race so she wouldnt have to compete against Jr for votes anyways.
If she is gonna race the 600, I think she should run the all star race just for more seat time at the track. Maybe Tony only wants to pay for so much wrecked race cars that weekend, so maybe that is why he would sit her. Although it is usually the main event where all the wrecked cars car from, not the 1st race.

Re: Danica ALL STAR?

Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:I've been hearing that she won't. But she will be in the Coca Cola 600. I think she should attempt the All Star race, she would get the fan vote pretty easily (yes she is more popular then Jr).

Jr is already in the all star race so she wouldnt have to compete against Jr for votes anyways.
If she is gonna race the 600, I think she should run the all star race just for more seat time at the track. Maybe Tony only wants to pay for so much wrecked race cars that weekend, so maybe that is why he would sit her. Although it is usually the main event where all the wrecked cars car from, not the 1st race.

Jr is not in the All Star race. He hasn't won since 2008 and his ten year period of being locked in based in his win has been over. He had to race his way in last year, but got in by the fan vote.

I think she said she doesn't want to run the All Star race because she feels like she doesn't deserve it.

Re: Danica ALL STAR?

Fri May 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:I've been hearing that she won't. But she will be in the Coca Cola 600. I think she should attempt the All Star race, she would get the fan vote pretty easily (yes she is more popular then Jr).

Jr is already in the all star race so she wouldnt have to compete against Jr for votes anyways.
If she is gonna race the 600, I think she should run the all star race just for more seat time at the track. Maybe Tony only wants to pay for so much wrecked race cars that weekend, so maybe that is why he would sit her. Although it is usually the main event where all the wrecked cars car from, not the 1st race.

Jr is not in the All Star race. He hasn't won since 2008 and his ten year period of being locked in based in his win has been over. He had to race his way in last year, but got in by the fan vote.

I think she said she doesn't want to run the All Star race because she feels like she doesn't deserve it.

Wasnt aware of that with Jr.
Still even if she didnt want to run the all star race, the showdown would give her extra time on the track. & if somehow she raced her way in, well then she could feel deserving to be in it. (also more seat time in a cup car)

Re: Danica ALL STAR?

Fri May 11, 2012 5:06 pm

That's true. And the results of the Allstar race don't matter if you don't win.

They still have time to enter her. I wish they would. There's no harm, let her get her mind off of Indy.

Re: Danica ALL STAR?

Fri May 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Not really a fan after last week, but definitely not a hater. I just don't think Tony needs another wrecked car after last weekend.

Re: Danica ALL STAR?

Fri May 11, 2012 10:20 pm

david R is on the balloting for the 10 car, so i guess that is the answer right there,

Re: Danica ALL STAR?

Fri May 11, 2012 10:26 pm

michaeljohn wrote:david R is on the balloting for the 10 car, so i guess that is the answer right there,

then put Danica in one of the start & park cars, with her sponsors funding, & its a win win for the team & driver.
She gets seat time, the start & park team (well their #) gets air time & some funding.

Re: Danica ALL STAR?

Sat May 12, 2012 8:55 am

my take is, why put her in the all star race when she might get through the open with no problem, but than the all star race gets hairy and could end up with a wrecked car, plus her cup career will be two races old, dont think it would be a good PR move.
Post a reply